Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just wanted to ask the other isfp's if they have ever felt this way i feel this way on a weekly basis were i feel like the people around me do not love me or even like me i sometimes think that they just put up with me cause they want to or have to even my family which i grew up i feel like they messed me up emotionally my parents never once took interest in anything i do they have never even told they loved me not once in my life my brothers too but i know they at least care for me other then that i feel like nobody loves me does anybody else feel this way?

·
Registered
68 Posts
well i just wanted to ask the other isfp's if they have ever felt this way i feel this way on a weekly basis were i feel like the people around me do not love me or even like me i sometimes think that they just put up with me cause they want to or have to even my family which i grew up i feel like they messed me up emotionally my parents never once took interest in anything i do they have never even told they loved me not once in my life my brothers too but i know they at least care for me other then that i feel like nobody loves me does anybody else feel this way?
Yes! Although my mom does tell me she loves me but overall my family shows little interest in me. I can definitely relate towards family not taking an interest towards who I am, what I like and do. I am beginning to think that my family is socially retarded and incapable of showing that it cares, maybe yours is the same? This leads me towards the concept of seeking other like-minded individuals to share my life with, but where can we find such individuals? Where can I find fellow ISFPs? Is finding other ISFPs the answer to life´s emptiness? I don´t know, but I am here to support you. I know where you are coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm going through it right now. It's a very overwhelming feeling of being unloved, unwanted, and unimportant.

I find that even when I put in the effort to get to know people and try to build the relationship, it always ends up where I'm just being used by the other person and they couldn't care less about me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks u guys hearing alot of your thoughts really helped me out i realized not to worry about it and instead let it go i'll find someone who loves me one day

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've have always felt unlloved all my life, My dad left when I was two and my mom wasn't around much and my grandparents took care of me but.. i dunno i've alwya felt unloved.. Untill my God kids were born then i realize that to feel love you have to show love!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ohhhhhhh I'm so sorry you guys are feeling that way! I know I'm not and ISFP but I havvvee felt lonely and depressed before, I know how it feels. But you'll push through I know it:) If you don't start feeling better and these feelings keep coming up, talk to somebody. Getting help was good for meeee

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes I can feel that way.Not that I'm not loved but thinking I'm not that important to anyone or they would have an easier time without me.

Maybe feeling misunderstood as well.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
My sister (who i believe is an ISFP) used to say that a lot - but I always thought she was joking. When I sat down and actually talked to her I realized how insecure she is about herself. I was very surprised that the things she didn't like about herself are things I actually admire and find very good qualities to have (she's very quiet, calm, collected... i wish i had those qualitites!!!)
I told her that everything she sees negative about herself, someone else admires it or envies it...then she realized it was true. I for one, have anger issues, and I kept keep quiet when I'm pissed off. Her...I've never ever seen her pissed off. In fact, even if I try to start a fight with her, she'll listen to me and then she starts a normal conversations, she seems unaffected by my anger or when someone is mean to her. She told me she's very sensitive to what people say to her and what people think of her, but from the outside, I had no idea, to me she's funny, a GREAT listener, great conversationalist, and a cutie patootie. :))

·
Registered
475 Posts
My sister (who i believe is an ISFP) used to say that a lot - but I always thought she was joking. When I sat down and actually talked to her I realized how insecure she is about herself. I was very surprised that the things she didn't like about herself are things I actually admire and find very good qualities to have (she's very quiet, calm, collected... i wish i had those qualitites!!!)
I told her that everything she sees negative about herself, someone else admires it or envies it...then she realized it was true. I for one, have anger issues, and I kept keep quiet when I'm pissed off. Her...I've never ever seen her pissed off. In fact, even if I try to start a fight with her, she'll listen to me and then she starts a normal conversations, she seems unaffected by my anger or when someone is mean to her. She told me she's very sensitive to what people say to her and what people think of her, but from the outside, I had no idea, to me she's funny, a GREAT listener, great conversationalist, and a cutie patootie. :))
Lets just say we are a lot more on the inside than most people think...

Anyways, to the topic at hand, I feel nobody I know in real life knows who I really am... I'm probably to blame for that, but still, its disheartening that the people around me can't see it.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Find out what love means to you personally and seek out people and situations
where what you want is created automatically.

I remember having thoughts like that many years ago.
After working in a kindergarden I have never felt it again since small children have
love in abundance to share! :)

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I agree with @hornet. Also like the Sasuke avatar before he turned into an embodiment of hate, nice. ^^ How is the author of this thread doing anyways?? :/

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
I agree with @hornet. Also like the Sasuke avatar before he turned into an embodiment of hate, nice. ^^ How is the author of this thread doing anyways?? :/
Thanks I identify with Sasuke on many levels.

The thread is very old and from the authors posts it seems he has been inactive since september.
He seems to have delved into religion from what I can see.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Thanks I identify with Sasuke on many levels.

The thread is very old and from the authors posts it seems he has been inactive since september.
He seems to have delved into religion from what I can see.
Okay, thanks. Though I was hoping my reply would enable him to come on and answer himself but that works too. ^^'

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Lets just say we are a lot more on the inside than most people think...

Anyways, to the topic at hand, I feel nobody I know in real life knows who I really am... I'm probably to blame for that, but still, its disheartening that the people around me can't see it.
I'm sure you are more inside then people think....but don't you think everyone feels like this? It's not just ISFP's.
No one really gets to know someone else 100%, we barely even know ourselves, it's hard to get to know each other.
I always feel misunderstood by everyone else and unloved, but that's because I don't love myself.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I've have always felt unlloved all my life, My dad left when I was two and my mom wasn't around much and my grandparents took care of me but.. i dunno i've alwya felt unloved.. Untill my God kids were born then i realize that to feel love you have to show love!
I like that and I agree with it, when you show love you do feel more loved, it's very true.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
hey thanks u guys hearing alot of your thoughts really helped me out i realized not to worry about it and instead let it go i'll find someone who loves me one day
I think that is a great attitude, @IronboundGlobe! I'm sure someone who loves you will come into your life. There are probably people in your life who already love you, but just don't show it in the way you need them to. There are like-minded people out there, though, who can love you as you need to be loved.

I have never felt unloved, even with very few friends and not getting along with my family. I guess, despite how they abused me, I still felt my family loved me. And I did have the hope that someday I'd be free and able to be in loving relationships.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts