Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're a non-ISTJ, heck you can even be an ISTJ,-say something good about them. :happy:

ISTJs, I like your adherence to the the rules. It makes everything go so much smoother. I like clear expectations. And it makes me feel safe.

Sorry. My boyfriend turned out to be ISTP and not ISTJ. And I was missing you guys and girls.:sad:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I like ISTJs because they never get the butthurt, also they are good at the sarcasm and they usually get my jokes.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Hello my favourite ISTJ :D *waves*
You always make me smile. Also, I spend a lot of time searching for pictures of bunnies now.

This one wanted a cookie.

I don't know about that one. We're knowing for being the biggest complainers and the most anal of all the types.
That's just you, champ.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
That's just you, champ.

Again, I dunno know about that one.

I'm merely referencing comments made by non-ISTJs in the past. But even so, it would make sense seeing how some ISTJs tend to hold a view of how the world order and their surrounding environment should be structured as opposed to how things actually play out in real life. It contributes to a reputation we have for being driven to succeed at everything in life, preferring structure over constant improvisation, and enjoying control over our surroundings.

This might hold true mostly for Type 1's, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Again, I dunno know about that one.

I'm merely referencing comments made about us non-ISTJs in the past. But even so, it would make sense seeing how some ISTJs tend to hold a view of how the world order and their surrounding environment should be structured as opposed to how things actually play out in real life. It contributes to a reputation we have for being driven to succeed at everything in life, preferring structure over constant improvisation, and enjoying control over our surroundings.

This might hold true mostly for Type 1's, but I could be wrong.

I would think complaining would be more of a Type 6 trait. I am (supposedly) Type 1, and yet I have such a strong 6-head fix that I do complain a lot.

@Stephen
This one wanted a cookie.
Aww, this bunny is adorable!!!!! Here's another link to a video that has a cute bunny in it!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I like ISTJs because they're honest and reliable. They get stuff done. They're loyal friends. If they care about you, they will go way out of their way to help you. If you're able to get close enough to an ISTJ, where they allow you into their world, you may just find one of the most awesome people you've ever met. And when you manage to make an ISTJ laugh, I mean reeeally laugh, it's such a warm feeling.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
If you're able to get close enough to an ISTJ, where they allow you into their world, you may just find one of the most awesome people you've ever met.
This is where most people fail. They spend what they deem an "appropriate amount of time and energy", and not seeing the results they expect or want in what's usually an alarmingly short period of time, bail.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
That's just you, champ.
No, @SoftBoiledLife's right. We are hard wired to be the inspectors...to see what is wrong and fix it, or bring it to someone's attention so that it can be fixed. Failing that, if it is important to us, we will complain.

I can't count the number of times SO's of ISTJs have told me about how the ISTJ rants about stupid drivers when behind the wheel.

However, we tend to reveal this side of ourselves only when very comfortable in our surroundings.

SWMBO has often told me that I suffer through a lot, but that I don't suffer in silence.

That said, when an issue appears that is not directly affecting us and our advice is ignored, we just walk away.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I like ISTJs because they never get the butthurt, also they are good at the sarcasm and they usually get my jokes.
I love sarcasm and irony. I am thick skinned when dealing with most people. However, when you are truly in the inner circle of my close friends, I've made myself quite vulnerable, which means that I am as prone as any other to "butthurt."

As an aside - what a goofy word! I can't quite grasp how it became so common. ;)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I feel slightly less ashamed for the times I've gotten BUTTHURT™ easily.

Sorry. My boyfriend turned out to be ISTP and not ISTJ. And I was missing you guys and girls.:sad:
How did you guys come to the conclusion?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
LOL I'm glad to see you are all taking my comments so seriously! 0_o

Haha, I know everybody gets hurt at times, but for the most part the ISTJ that I know have a pretty healthy thick skin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know about that one. We're knowing for being the biggest complainers and the most anal of all the types.
We are?! The reason everyone likes me so much is because I don't complain. I thought we were all easy going people who don't really care what happens as long as we get our job done. Then again, I may have been one when I was younger, but I decided to do away with it by setting a goal not to... I suppose that is an ISTJ invert xD So all I can say after this is the best way for an ISTJ to accomplish their weaknesses is to set goals to beat them. Besides, setting goals is our specialty. :)

1 - 20 of 366 Posts