Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a curator list on Steam called Non-violent Entertainment, which focuses on more family friendly games. Thought I'd share a link to it here, as different gamers might like non-violent games for a variety of reasons.
Here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/35899705/

If you know any games I can add to the list, please feel free to let me know, as I intend to keep expanding on it; I could use some help finding more games.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much every racing game.
Any in particular?

There are a zillion such games. The list would be absurdly long unless you limited it to a certain genre.
Well they also have to be good (or at least something special), which narrows down the list considerably. Not only that, but I'm trying to get games from a variety of genres and play styles (and different age groups), some of which the idea of non-violence is particularly rare. Also, my list is generally more family friendly focused, so some games that don't contain violence may still not fit my group due to other themes, and then there are games that don't advertise that there is violence, but contain violence somewhere in the game. All in all, it's more difficult than it looks to make a list like this to be lengthy.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
There is an insane amount of nonviolent games, and many good ones among them. Here are a few from my Steam Library:

-Banyu Lintar Angin
-Elegy for a Dead World
-Figment
-Finding Paradise
-Frostpunk
-Hacknet
-Pinball FX3
-Portal
-A Raven Monologue
-To the moon

Then there's a lot more with extremely mild violence or where it's minimal and not a focus of the game. These were just the ones that were pretty much completely "nonviolent"

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Non violent free to play games:
Gravitas
Neon Boost

Both are pretty fun indie games. Gravitas is for some reason very demanding on hardware.
Got Gravitas already, but will check out Neon Boost. Thanx for the suggestion!

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is an insane amount of nonviolent games, and many good ones among them. Here are a few from my Steam Library:

-Banyu Lintar Angin
-Elegy for a Dead World
-Figment
-Finding Paradise
-Frostpunk
-Hacknet
-Pinball FX3
-Portal
-A Raven Monologue
-To the moon

Then there's a lot more with extremely mild violence or where it's minimal and not a focus of the game. These were just the ones that were pretty much completely "nonviolent"
Fantastic! I'll check them out...Much appreciated!
Already have Portal and Portal 2 in the list - they were the first games I added. ;)

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,957 Posts
Project Cars just went on sale (80% off), so I bought the game. Now just have to play it and review it. ;)

Will be good to have a decent racing game in my list!
Well, it's already too late, but for optimal experience wheel is recommended. It claims to be a sim afterall.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Many puzzle games

Abzu
A Short Hike
Ceville
Back to the Future
Gone Home
Fez
Lume
Morphopolis
Nancy Drew (series)
Talos Principle

Some require better definition of non-violent.
For example:

Costume Quest (1, 2)
Celeste
Epistory
Grim Fandango
Little Inferno
Night in the Woods
Psychonauts
World of Goo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts