Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the 4 people I'm really close to, they are 2 ISTJ's, an ISTP, and an INTP. I swear, the only feeler I regularly see in my life is an unhealthy INFJ that I'm not real close with :/

I don't know why I'm posting this...anyone else constantly surrounded by thinkers?
I get my emotional fill from the ISTJ's (god they're deep...ya just gotta work a little to get to it)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Why do you say ISTJs are deep?
I'm just wondering because my dad is an ISTJ and that might help me understand him a bit more hehe

·
Registered
640 Posts
Out of the 4 people I'm really close to, they are 2 ISTJ's, an ISTP, and an INTP. I swear, the only feeler I regularly see in my life is an unhealthy INFJ that I'm not real close with :/

I don't know why I'm posting this...anyone else constantly surrounded by thinkers?
I'd say my friends are about equally split between T's and F's. I'm not a strong F, and I grew up around T's, so I enjoy their company just as much as the F's.

I can't say I have a preference, both have something to offer.

I feel like the friends I click with the best are an ISTP and an XSFP.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I haven't found ISTJs in real life to be that deep, honestly. They might just not be showing it to me though if they are. Some from this forum are pretty cool, however.

For me, I'm mostly surrounded by Ts, but there are a few Fs I'm close with. I like the balance so in that sense I'm satisfied. I think it would be pretty hard if I were in your situation, especially having Fi as my dominant function I need people around me who can at least relate to it on some level. On a different level, I'm swimming in Ps. Most all of my friends are Ps and I kind of like it, but sometimes not much gets done 'cause neither of us are willing to get our acts together on time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I relate. I"m a feeler surrounded by thinkers. I have a few F freiends but the don't live as close as my T friends. I enjoys thinkers but it does make me feel self conscious in comparison. I'm not even sure how stong of a feeler I am. Sometimes seem almost boarderline thinker and other times it seems I'm 100% feeler, depending on the subject or my mood.... I worry that I am viewed by others as weak or irrational.....

The only ISTJ in my life is my dad and he is very intelligent though more bottom line than deep, though we do have good conversations

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm not so sure about F's, but it seems that I run into E's a lot. They're stalking me, I swear. :confused:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
when life hands you lemons, you TURN THEM INTO LIMES

just throw saltwater on them, it turns T's into F's every time. I promise. :wink:

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
I think I'm surrounded by an equal amount of F's and T's. However, I do think I know mostly N's with the exception of my best friend who is ISTJ.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I relate. I"m a feeler surrounded by thinkers. I have a few F freiends but the don't live as close as my T friends. I enjoys thinkers but it does make me feel self conscious in comparison. I'm not even sure how stong of a feeler I am. Sometimes seem almost boarderline thinker and other times it seems I'm 100% feeler, depending on the subject or my mood.... I worry that I am viewed by others as weak or irrational.....

The only ISTJ in my life is my dad and he is very intelligent though more bottom line than deep, though we do have good conversations
I can really relate to this post. Sometimes I'm not sure I'me a real feeler since I have none to compare myself to.

Concerning ISTJ's...maybe it's just my ISTJ's that are open like that :confused:
I think the general comforting vibe they get from ISFP combined with the fact that I'm one the very closest people with both of them makes a difference. And I think the fact that I know when to back off from the touchy feely stuff when they're not willing to talk makes that much more of a difference when they do want to open up. Fi is a great thing to have when dealing with ISTJ's. I think it's much more effective than Fe.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Banned
932 Posts
lol this thread is becoming about ISTJs for some reason..... but you are right, ISTJs don't do well with Fe. but Fi is in fact our third function so we DO have decent use of it, Te just usually comes first so you do have to dig a little deeper to find it, but don't worry, it's there :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol this thread is becoming about ISTJs for some reason.
I think that people just assume ISTJ's are shallow, bossy party poopers, then when hear from someone who has seen the deep side of one they're like wtf man, how'd ya do that? I think ISTJ's are really awesome, most people just overlook them for some reason :(

I love my ISTJ's. Ya know what else is fun...my two favorite types are ENFP and ISTJ lol. gotta wonder how that happened.

Reactions: Frannyy

·
Banned
932 Posts
hehe yeah we just need to feel safe with whoever we are going deep with. expressing too much emotion makes us too vulnerable, which is not something an ISTJ ever wants to be perceived as. We preferred to be seen as objective and impersonal, but like all types, we have plenty of emotion. It's just hidden under the objectivity.

and that is funny you like ISTJs and ENFPs- well we DO have the same functions. :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I think most of my old group of friends from high school were Ts but now most of my friends are Fs. (actually mostly ISFP. XD)

I love your picture by the way LuckyOne =D

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
and that is funny you like ISTJs and ENFPs- well we DO have the same functions. :)
That would explain my relationship with my father. We have the same traits and similar views but focus on them differently, if that makes any sense. Talking with him is always interesting.

·
11,928 Posts
I think that people just assume ISTJ's are shallow, bossy party poopers, then when hear from someone who has seen the deep side of one they're like wtf man, how'd ya do that? I think ISTJ's are really awesome, most people just overlook them for some reason :(
My dad's an ISTJ, I just wanted to learn more about the ISTJ type because he hasn't come off as the deep type. Not that he doesn't have positive qualities. But saying he isn't especially deep doesn't mean I think he's a completely shallow and bossy party-pooper...

·
Banned
932 Posts
My dad's an ISTJ, I just wanted to learn more about the ISTJ type because he hasn't come off as the deep type. Not that he doesn't have positive qualities. But saying he isn't especially deep doesn't mean I think he's a completely shallow and bossy party-pooper...

ever thought about learning about ISTJs in the ISTJ forum??

·
11,928 Posts
ever thought about learning about ISTJs in the ISTJ forum??
Yeah, but I don't see what's so bad about also asking other people about their experience with ISTJs lol

·
Banned
932 Posts
no, you're fine here... I was just suggesting it because you said you wanted to learn more about them- the ISTJ forum is probably the best place for understanding ISTJs better. :happy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts