Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean if I'm these functions? Is this why I feel like I'm not any of the mbti types bc apparently I don't fit into any unless I compromise? Is it impossible for those functions to coexist?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My function stack looks like Te > Ni = Ti > Ne > Fi = Si > Se > Fe. MBTI testing repeatedly says INTJ, but ENTJ and INTP are not far off.

I'm not a typical INTJ, but not many people are typical of their type. Just because official MBTI types have a set of functions doesn't mean you have to match them exactly, or else it would be way easier to separate people into types. Being an introverted intuitive thinker with good introverted sensing isn't an impossible thing.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
First of all, ^
Second, how did you "come up" with this stack? A test, looked through the functions and "decided", or some other way?

Reactions: dahliahl

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
What does it mean if I'm these functions? Is this why I feel like I'm not any of the mbti types bc apparently I don't fit into any unless I compromise? Is it impossible for those functions to coexist?
The functions themselves can coexist in any combination, it's just trying to narrow them down to 16 "acceptable" combinations (versus 40,320 - 16 = 40,304 "unacceptable" combinations) that makes complete nonsense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on closer research i think im actually Si (?), Ne, Te, Fi ???

-for Si im traditional and believe if sth's not broken dont mess with it but i have a shit memory like i can memorize for a test but then id forget most of it and even for the test im staring at the paper registering the questions but right after i cant remember a single question and on a similar note i can be with my friend a whole day and maybe even comment on her outfit but when we separate at the end of the day if someone was to ask what she was wearing id have no clue and i always struggle with this in art bc i have the idea of what i want to draw but i can visual it in my head its like blank up there so i need reference pics but they never fit exactly what i want but like idk what it is i want bc i cant imagine it urg -- so i dont really know if im Si?
but Se tends to live in the moment which i dont im always thinking about either the past or the future and they like spontaneity and adventure and are more reckless and thrill seekers and always look for what is new and exciting in the environment around them and while i think deep down id like to be this fun spontaneous doesnt care about the rules type person im not so idk which 1 i am -- the 1 that ish describes me or the 1 im not at all but kinda wanna be???

-im pretty sure in Ne A. bc i know im sure as fuck not Ni - no one's ever called me psychic and unless the teacher specifically asks us what the symbolism of something is i wont think deeper than just reading the words and enjoying the book and maybe imagining myself as a character later on in a daydream and B. bc i look for new opportunities and want to understand different ways a situation could unfold before i commit to 1 way and my brain always jumps from 1 idea to another so it may seem random to others but the ideas always connect to me

-also pretty sure im Te bc i feel like facts r facts and i believe in a system of gov or hierarchy in theory when its honest and not corrupt.. i like order and if i need to be i leader like if no one else is stepping up to the plate or i dont think it will end well i will fall into the postion and do what needs to be done bc theres no way im doing a group project (i hate them to begin with ) and letting everyone else drag me down if im putting my name on something if better be perfect and like personally if dont really get Ti like they only attribute value to info it it agrees with their inner sense of logic and if it doesnt its filtered out so its like selective (makes me think of those ppl who ignore the truth bc it doesnt fit into their lifestyle and will bring up innacurate date or that 1 in a million scenario to back up what they think)

-and finally Fi. i dont really show my emotions or express them to ppl id rather deal with them by myself (maybe bc when ppl tell me their problems i dont really care like for some reason ppl tell me their secrets and idk how to give advice/comfort i mostly tune them out and after am just like im sorry *pat pat*) and i believe somethings wrong with u if morality isnt personal everyone should know their own sense of right and wrong. i dont get how Fe do not have a very clear view of their own feelings or beliefs outside the context of others and make emotional decisions based on how the group feels - bc to me it makes me think that if murder was made legal Fe would be ok bc society says so but Fi is like no thats wrong bc i believe its wrong. is Fe more prone to give into peer pressure?

anyway yeah thats it im not quite sure what type i am bc idk what function is my primary, secondary etc..

if after reading this anyone has any ideas it would be eagerly listened to :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My function stack looks like Te > Ni = Ti > Ne > Fi = Si > Se > Fe. MBTI testing repeatedly says INTJ, but ENTJ and INTP are not far off.

I'm not a typical INTJ, but not many people are typical of their type. Just because official MBTI types have a set of functions doesn't mean you have to match them exactly, or else it would be way easier to separate people into types. Being an introverted intuitive thinker with good introverted sensing isn't an impossible thing.
i dont understand what ur greater than and equal to signs mean in ur stack. thanks :) yeah im just researching the functions separately and trying to find my best fit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all, ^
Second, how did you "come up" with this stack? A test, looked through the functions and "decided", or some other way?
why? does it matter? would u say its more accurate to take a test or to read up on the functions individually and decide which fits u best?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The functions themselves can coexist in any combination, it's just trying to narrow them down to 16 "acceptable" combinations (versus 40,320 - 16 = 40,304 "unacceptable" combinations) that makes complete nonsense.
yeah like i dont understand why i cant have 2 extraverted functions next to each other like why cant i be Ne as dom, Te and aux, Si as tertiary and Fi as inferior bc thats how i think i use them?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Te is my highest scoring function (originally said "leading" but that's not the right word). All the others are listed in order of use/development/preference. Fe is last, and I really don't use it or know how to use it. Ni and Ti are equal in strength/use, as are Fi and Si. I took a cognitive functions test. Even if I hadn't, thinking is my strongest point.

This test will give you a good idea about functions. It's not perfect (what test is?) but it confirmed that I identify with Te very much. I used that as a jumping off point.

ETA: Also, don't take any test results as the final word, if you do decide to take one. Again, I just used them as a jumping off point while I was figuring out what the functions were and how I related to them.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
why? does it matter? would u say its more accurate to take a test or to read up on the functions individually and decide which fits u best?
I'd say you should not base your type or function stack on a test, but rather read up on the functions. That is a lot more accurate.

·
Registered
379 Posts
on closer research i think im actually Si (?), Ne, Te, Fi ???
-im pretty sure in Ne A. bc i know im sure as fuck not Ni - no one's ever called me psychic and unless the teacher specifically asks us what the symbolism of something is i wont think deeper than just reading the words and enjoying the book and maybe imagining myself as a character later on in a daydream and B. bc i look for new opportunities and want to understand different ways a situation could unfold before i commit to 1 way and my brain always jumps from 1 idea to another so it may seem random to others but the ideas always connect to me

anyway yeah thats it im not quite sure what type i am bc idk what function is my primary, secondary etc..

if after reading this anyone has any ideas it would be eagerly listened to :)
Ni - Not psychic. That is a stereotype, especially as far as INFJs are concerned. Ne = lots of ideas all over the place, seeing patterns everywhere, and it's objective. Like a water balloon full of glitter bursting. Ni = Narrower focus, more in depth into one or a few ideas, figuring out how one event leads to another, etc. It could be considered more linear. It's not psychic by any means. Ever watched a mystery movie or TV show and figured out early on who the real criminal is? Yeah. I can't see the future. I can envision how things will likely play out given x, y, and z, and I'm almost always one step ahead when I'm problem solving in a group situation. Everyone uses both Ne and Ni to some extent, or that's what Jungian personality theory says anyway.

That said, the random jumping from one idea to another? Very Ne as I understand it.

is Fe more prone to give into peer pressure?
Can't really answer that one. Don't understand Fe well enough. Also, if your personal system of values said that murder was okay regardless of society's values, then that would also be Fi.

ETA: I am still working on understanding the theory of cognitive functions. I take them with a big grain of salt. My explanations aren't perfect and might not make sense, sorry.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
There is so much nonsense in this thread.

Can't really answer that one. Don't understand Fe well enough. Also, if your personal system of values said that murder was okay regardless of society's values, then that would also be Fi.

ETA: I am still working on understanding the theory of cognitive functions. I take them with a big grain of salt. My explanations aren't perfect and might not make sense, sorry.
This might help you to understand Fe:
Psychological Types - Wikisocion

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
i dont understand what ur greater than and equal to signs mean in ur stack.
Basically, Te > Ni = Ti > Ne > Fi = Si > Se > Fe means that Te is stronger than Ni/Ti (which are both about the same), Ni/Ti are stronger than Ne...

thanks :) yeah im just researching the functions separately and trying to find my best fit
I would recommend taking the tests anyway: data and descriptions are generally more useful than one or the other.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Te is my leading function. All the others are listed in order of use/development/preference. Fe is last, and I really don't use it or know how to use it. Ni and Ti are equal in strength/use, as are Fi and Si. I took a cognitive functions test. Even if I hadn't, thinking is my strongest point.

This test will give you a good idea about functions.[/URL] It's not perfect (what test is?) but it confirmed that I identify with Te very much. I used that as a jumping off point.

ETA: Also, don't take any test results as the final word, if you do decide to take one. Again, I just used them as a jumping off point while I was figuring out what the functions were and how I related to them.
ohh i see thanks so much i definitely take the test!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd say you should not base your type or function stack on a test, but rather read up on the functions. That is a lot more accurate.
thanks so much i think id have to agree bc when i took the test i got the results from the beginning but after reading more on them i wasnt so sure they actually fit me

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ni - Not psychic. That is a stereotype, especially as far as INFJs are concerned. Ne = lots of ideas all over the place, seeing patterns everywhere, and it's objective. Like a water balloon full of glitter bursting. Ni = Narrower focus, more in depth into one or a few ideas, figuring out how one event leads to another, etc. It could be considered more linear. It's not psychic by any means. Ever watched a mystery movie or TV show and figured out early on who the real criminal is? Yeah. I can't see the future. I can envision how things will likely play out given x, y, and z, and I'm almost always one step ahead when I'm problem solving in a group situation. Everyone uses both Ne and Ni to some extent, or that's what Jungian personality theory says anyway.

That said, the random jumping from one idea to another? Very Ne as I understand it.

i always have some sort of assumption of who the bad guy is but its usually like what the show wants u to think like who they portray in a bad light or make hints about and my assumptions arent always correct (but i do love crime shows especially criminal minds i love watching/learning whats going on in the criminals brain and not just what he does vs like csi which is from a forensics point of view)

can u give me an ex of a situation where Ni and Ne would differ

yes well im hoping thats an unhealthy Fi lol

thank you :))))

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Basically, Te > Ni = Ti > Ne > Fi = Si > Se > Fe means that Te is stronger than Ni/Ti (which are both about the same), Ni/Ti are stronger than Ne...

I would recommend taking the tests anyway: data and descriptions are generally more useful than one or the other.
thanks but then how do u go from all that and see which type u r?
yeah ill definitely take another test also

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
thanks but then how do u go from all that and see which type u r?
You can't, cognitive function orders can't be "typed" as well as people think they can. Believe me, I've tried to come up with ways to type orders of functions, but none of them actually work very well.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts