Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJs are hard to be 'genuinely impressed' than other types. Damn.
Peps, yeah that is a fact, i think. I am easily drawn to new ideas, easily getting inspired, but hard to impress?​
any thoughts . stories . opinions . My insatiable hunger for perfection seriously kills me, why ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'd say I'm also not easily impressed. Places and objects tend to impress me a lot more than people. However, when something is not impressive, it does not necessarily mean that it's not also intriguing, admirable, or remarkable.

Those that I am impressed by, I tend to be extremely impressed by. I don't know why I am this way, but I suspect it has to do with seeing possibilities fulfilled. It's hard to be impressed by something you knew was very likely to happen, no matter how remarkable it is.

Sometimes I feel bad for not feeling impressed by those I care about. They deserve it, but I don't have it to give.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I'm a writer, so when new plot ideas, or clever twists on old tropes happen, I get so impressed and excited and inspired.

However, with people, I'm not really looking to be impressed. Instead, initially, I'm looking for humor. And it's a little hard to make me laugh, because there needs to be some wit involved.

As I always say,

If I can make you laugh, I like you.
If you can make me laugh, I love you. xD

Reactions: 172354

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I don't think I get impressed by people, but I will be impressed by things they've created. Occasionally there will be someone I admire and respect greatly. But that's a different feeling from being impressed - which I would relate to someone really out doing set expectations. And I don't really set expectations on people other than myself.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Another thing to be said is that whether somebody can impress or not impress has very different significance/meaning for the person who cares about being impressed, vs the person that doesn't.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
profound knowledge, individual or independent stances, strong passion, strong belief, consistency.. Mostly individualism.

I don't get impressed by the usual things, I think that's pretty common with everyone though. However, I get pretty engaged with someone who deviate from the norm~ not solely for that reason, but because they are being themselves. While that may sound pretty easy, sticking for your self can be hard nowadays. To be continually passionate about something you love despite a probable mass of oppositions.. I find that very inspiring.

For me to be genuinely impressed, I've mentioned, is only by veracity (I'd like to add creativity there too). 'Genuinely' impressed~ That suggests to me that we're hard to get through.. probably because of what they say about us seeing through deceptions, recognize ulterior motives, pseudo facade, and other things as such. I honestly don't get impressed by insincerity. I don't know about the other types.

stories? umm. A quick one. I teared-up at one of my friend's presentation once about her trip to Paris. That kind of surprised me, because who the heck cries about someone's trip to Paris?!:shocked: I thought I was going crazy. But I realized that it wasn't the pictures of Paris that she showed, the people she met, her meeting the incredibly small Mona Lisa, what she learned, what she discovered.. It was about her excitement of seeing those buildings and how she interpreted them, how much the people she lived with meant to her~ 'family', her undeniable passion about the place and the culture, the range of feelings she shared and expressions~ joy, happiness, excitement, funny, sadness, wonder.. You feel it, all of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts