Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have always been an ENFP but have felt different lately. As ENFPs grow up do they have to become more J or T to survive the "real world"? I'm facing all kinds of challenges and I'm being forced to question my perspective on the world. I don't like it and I don't like who I'm becoming. I LOVED being a carefree, emotional, zany ENFP and feel like I've become more boring and dark.

I miss being energetic and carefree! I don't like being overly organized and having a lot of responsibility...

Also wondering if my F is changing to T... I miss movies that make me cry. Feel like I'm phoning in a lot, as in acting like I always have but feeling like I'm faking the enthusiasm that used to come so naturally.

I feel like I'm constantly censoring myself. Is this part of an ENFP's growth or maturation? Is it depression? Are my views just changing? Is there a way to stop it?!

Feeling lost, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million :happy:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'd say it may be due to depression. Although it is good that you find your type, it did not give any reasons for you to behave exactly like your type.
Anyway, to answer your question, from what I gather, a stressed out ENFP may looks like ISTJ, its shadow. Have you, actually meet any professionals to diagnose your situations?

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
Yeah I think those are signs of depression. Which is totally normal. It all has to do with chemicals in your brain that you can't control. Something as simple as stress can cause depression.

There is amazing thread about ENTP and being depressed. It may help you! http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-articles/10708-10-stages-depressed-enfp.html

Under my favorites tab, I have this site for each type and descriptions of what happens when they are under stress. Here is your type: "ENTPs have a tendency to overextend themselves in both their physical and emotional commitments. Their proclivity to procrastinate and to overlook details complicates their circumstances. ENTPs often move on to new ventures without completing those they have already started. Their charming personalities can show signs of irritability and over-sensitivity when their desires to please different people come into conflict. During times of stress, ENTPs feel alienated. They then engage in deceptions that serve to obscure what is occurring within themselves.

The ENTP finds symbolic meanings behind the immediate circumstances. These meanings are construed as foreboding problems when ENTPs are under stress. Having a pervasive feeling of losing control over their own independent identities, ENTPs will feel virtually split apart by intruding circumstances. They will be "besides themselves" and "just not all there" — as if something, or someone, has taken away the essence of who they are. Not feeling like themselves, the ENTP will become subject to their own feelings of shame for being a phony, a fake or an impostor. If stress continues to grow, they may attribute malevolent schemes to others in order to explain away their fears. "

I also took a time management class and the instructor used MB TI has the basis of her teachings. I saved all my MB TI information and I specifically remembering this graph that showed how each type is apt to cope with their stress. It seemed that the ENTP was always so close to my type in percentile. ENFP scored highest for developing physical symptoms (INFJ the 2nd highest.) ENFP scored pretty high on talking to a professional too. I hope this helps somehow! Oh and you may or may not be open to this idea.... but if depression is what you're thinking is wrong with you... you can try a natural way to get you out of your funk. Niacin (B3) is great for helping with depression. Do some research, you'd be quite impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts