Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I would like to know if any of you ENFP's are struggling to hold a job for a longer period of time? Personally so far I have only held on to a job for 1 and a half years, what is your record and is this a normal problem area for ENFP'?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had 4 internships that lasted 3-5 months.

My longest employment was a little over a year.

I'm at 8 months at my current job and plan on staying at least 1 year. At the moment, I'm job hunting for better opportunities, but I'm back in school, so it's hard to find part-time work that's flexible with my schedule.

If the pay and learning opportunities are better at the next job, I jump on it. ;)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've been working at one of my jobs for almost a year (it'll be a year at the end of this month). That's my record. I did work 4 consecutive summers at the same place but that doesn't really count. I'm hoping I can last until March at my other job. Then I get to go to school and study for my REAL career which will hopefully last 40 years or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just that I have been an occupational therapist for 4 years and whenever I get a permanent job I get the feeling of anxiety. I can't stand having the same job for years and I am uncomfortable with the fact that I'm always working the same hours.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
I work as a casual librarian across several branches in my city so my work is constantly changing and varied, it's information management based and I absolutely love it. I've been doing this sort of work going on 7 years (with a break somewhere in there to travel for a while inc. spending a year in Canada). I did a small retail stint for a little bit and while I loved the people interaction, the work itself was mind numbing.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Me? 20 years as a research psychologist. 14 years in my current organization.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only reason I can say one of my jobs was about 2.5 years is that it was really flexible. I even stopped for like 4 months and then came back to it. I could also work part time to supplement my more full time jobs. But besides that my record is 1 year.

·
Registered
770 Posts
During undergrad, I definitely skipped around in terms of job. Perhaps it is part of the maturation process for some of us less organized i/enfps.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I did three consecutive summers at the same job in late high school/early college. Aside from that, I did 3.5 months at my first post-college job (I resigned, having found a better job). This Thursday is actually my last day at my current job; I've been here since December 2011, so a little over a year and a half. I start a new job next Monday and hope to stay there at least a year.

At this point I'm not looking to stay in any one job or organization for a super long time. I like trying new things and having new experiences, and feel that it's important to learn more about who I am, what I'm good at, and what I really want to be doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts