Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend from college has trouble learning programming languages at college and one day he asked me to help him and I have accepted, since I like to teach what I know and that guy is the best friend I have ever had.

After that, I have continued teaching him and he was learning fast, he even could have mark A on C language, but he has chosen not to accept the offer of being examined for greater grade and ended up with mark B.

Now, now he needs to learn C++ and I was willing to continue teaching him C++. However, I haven't noticed how emotionally and physically draining it was to teach him almost every week.

This drain has caused me to not be able to give solutions to the most simplest programming problems and I haven't even realized I was being drained; I was simply willing to help him and acted on it.

So, do you often end up not releasing signals your body gives you, like me not noticing tiredness?

·
Registered
611 Posts
yes, sometimes that happens to me. I think it's because I need to reflect on what I am feeling before I can understan it (introvert thing?), so if no time to reflect, that means I won't pick it up till later. Or often I will feel it partially but I won't realise the full impact of it until I finish - then I will go "wow doing that every week was harder than I realised!"

Reactions: AW10

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
If I ever go against my body, it's because I can gain something from Te. Like think, you could make money from this. Otherwise, no.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I ever go against my body, it's because I can gain something from Te. Like think, you could make money from this. Otherwise, no.
You may have understood me wrong. It's not going against my body on purpose, it's going against my body without even knowing it.

More, my Te is so weak that it is hard for me to even think about earning money or to get a job if I don't have to; and I don't have to do it yet, since my college is free as long as I give all my exams on time.

Also, it is uncomfortable for me to look on things as do I or do I benefit from them, I will do things if I am willing to do them or if I am ready to do them, depending on what are those things.

So, if I am willing/ready to do something that doesn't benefit me, I will do it.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Do you think it is because with this attention to what you are doing causes your Se to be overrided by your environment and then for that span you don't notice yourself or body's needs until after that task is done?

Seems likely. Is this a rare occurence or happens all the time?

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
You may have understood me wrong. It's not going against my body on purpose, it's going against my body without even knowing it.

More, my Te is so weak that it is hard for me to even think about earning money or to get a job if I don't have to; and I don't have to do it yet, since my college is free as long as I give all my exams on time.

Also, it is uncomfortable for me to look on things as do I or do I benefit from them, I will do things if I am willing to do them or if I am ready to do them, depending on what are those things.

So, if I am willing/ready to do something that doesn't benefit me, I will do it.
Hmm. I wanted money and independence at sixteen and my grandfather tried to reason me out of it, like you have your entire life to work are you crazy. ..but I find this a lot in Southern young people (versus slacker dependent assholes in California) ..I met a guy who is twenty who travels and works his ass off. Don't know what makes the difference. Enneagram. If your family is highly permissive and has lots of money. That kind of thing depends on the person. Some people, like SJs, can carry that with a hard on, seems to make NFs feel nervous and inadequate. Everything is a combination of personality and upbringing, how you respond to it.

·
Registered
ESFJ
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think it is because with this attention to what you are doing causes your Se to be overrided by your environment and then for that span you don't notice yourself or body's needs until after that task is done?

Seems likely. Is this a rare occurence or happens all the time?
Yes, that's what I think.

It occurs only after certain period of times and once it leaves, it brings me to anti-human state during which I feel threatened by appearance of every human.

Well, that state lasts till I am recovered and that state is my defense mechanism which is triggered when I need to recover myself, to avoid being drained by people.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yes, that's what I think.

It occurs only after certain period of times and once it leaves, it brings me to anti-human state during which I feel threatened by appearance of every human.

Well, that state lasts till I am recovered and that state is my defense mechanism which is triggered when I need to recover myself, to avoid being drained by people.
It only stands to reason that any introvert needs time to decompress on their own.

How long does it take for you to recover?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts