Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its due to them graduating.

Im not sure how close we are since this (type 5) person seems to be aloof or hate me but I'm not sure, I have this person's number but calling results to voicemail and my most recent texts have gone unanswered.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Ahh, that feel when you regret not saying a sufficient "goodbye" to somebody you care about.

If they aren't responding, I would simply cease trying to contact them. #1 if they wanted to, they would have contacted you, #2 this could reach stalking-status pretty quickly.

Reactions: rambleonrose

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, that feel when you regret not saying a sufficient "goodbye" to somebody you care about.

If they aren't responding, I would simply cease trying to contact them. #1 if they wanted to, they would have contacted you, #2 this could reach stalking-status pretty quickly.
So let it go? Lack of closure will probably eat at me..

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you think they hate you then don't bother. People who leave without saying anything are likely hoping to keep it like that. Don't chase them. They're gone.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you think they hate you then don't bother. People who leave without saying anything are likely hoping to keep it like that. Don't chase them. They're gone.
Well I'm interpreting them not talking to me in the same room as not being interested and that also being silent treatment, so I also assume its dislike directed at me

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Why do you want to talk to them/give them that last farewell? Is it some personal pet peeve you own that I just can't wrap my mind around or did you enjoy their friendship?

If the former then there's really nothing for me to say, but if the latter...Chasing your tail is chasing your tail, and ultimately folly. In all likelihood you'll end up meeting someone similar to this fading acquaintance, or possibly someone even more sustaining to your friendly desires.

But the time spent on dwelling over this are reducing those chances just that much.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'd prefer to discuss why this person matters over PM but I'm pretty sure this individual is INTJ.
Post deleted since it served its purpose, racking up my post-count atm so we can further the discussion privately, later.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
When common ground is lost, friendships deteriorate fast. Colleagues can be no fun outside the workplace, and after graduation students lose touch. It happens all the time and to everyone. The fact that this person doesn't call you back probably doesn't have anything to do with you. It's just that now school is done with, people would like to move on and meet new people.

So, allow yourself to feel bad. Perhaps take part in a good-bye ritual too, so you can move on. You could for instance write down everything you think or feel or like about this person and then fold the paper you're writing on into a paper air plane or boat - and then let go of all your feelings about this person, by letting go your paper plane or boat. Sounds silly, maybe - and you might have to do it again in a week or year or so, depending how much you've attached yourself to the person you mentioned.

Oh, I forgot to share a good-bye ritual I sometime use - and it really works for me. When I hurt inside from missing someone I loved to pieces, I go outside, lean to a wall, tree or car and stare at the clouds that pass me by. I then proceed to tell the clouds what I feel and let the clouds carry my emotions wherever they please. When I focus on letting out my deeper, underlying feelings, this technique works for me. What doesn't seem to help is to get angry or focus on how much I hate myself or others. To release some of the pressure I have to say things like: I miss X so much, I loved X so much and so on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I feel like everyone's over analyzing this. It's a person you don't know too well, and you think they might even hate you. They don't talk to you when you're around them, and they aren't responding to texts and calls.

You're becoming a creeper. Realize that they aren't interested and move on.

I was similar in high school. There were lots of people I respected and was sad to see them go off to college, but it wasn't like we were close friends, and I sure as heck wasn't going to awkwardly call them up and say "goodbye forever" over the phone. It's a part of life. People come and go.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
So let it go? Lack of closure will probably eat at me..
I know exactly what you mean. I like closure also. The only thing you can do is try and get a message to this person, although don't expect a reply. If you can say exactly what you want to say knowing this person will read it, that in itself is closure. Take your time and say everything you want to say, don't leave room for any regrets with i should have etc. If they reply, good. If not at least you can tell yourself to let it go, you did all you could.

Reactions: Sayonara

·
Registered
121 Posts
Definitely not enough details in the matter for you to be making that shitty assertion.

calling results to voicemail and my most recent texts have gone unanswered.
Maybe it's harsh, but it's probably the most likely to be true. When's the last time you ignored voicemails and text messages from someone you liked? Or were even neutral towards? If anything, Vex should air on the side of caution and assume that he's coming off as creepy and leave it be. Everyone else's suggestions encourage more attempts at contact, which might provoke said person to finally reply harshly and be devastating.

I can see myself in Vex's shoes, as a teenager in high school. If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself what I originally told Vex. It's harsh, but probably true. They're going their separate ways anyway, so what's the point in closure (mind you of a relationship that doesn't exist, Quote: "not sure how close we are since this person seems to be aloof or hate me").

It seems like a one sided relationship, and so a one sided closure is in order. His own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts