Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all had instances of getting tongue tied or thought jumbled at one point or another in our lives.

Got stories to share?

Old co-worker: Dude, long time no see. Where'd you disappear off to?

Me: In our last conversation, you were in one of your mood swings and told me to "Get Lost."

Old co-worker: Uh... that was over 7 years ago.

Me: Exactly. So what are you doing in this neck of the woods? What can I do for you?

Old co-worker: I thought I'd stopped by to say hello, see old friends, and play catc-

Me: Get Lost. See how that works? Thanks for saying hi.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Me: In our last conversation, you were in one of your mood swings and told me to "Get Lost."

Me: Exactly. So what are you doing in this neck of the woods? What can I do for you?

Old co-worker: I thought I'd stopped by to say hello, see old friends, and play catc-

Damn. That was brutal.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

I think we're after 180.

Reactions: qingdom

·
Banned
279 Posts
I don't blame you. People who approach others they have had nothing but negative or neutral interactions with and act as if they were "friends" usually have an agenda. The usual strategy is break the ice with small talk, then suddenly get to the point. By point, I mean favor or information extraction.

Never do I wish to interact with such people, especially when they have the audacity to call us old "friends" back in the day (7 years ago in your case). People tend to use the word, "friends", too loosely. It has almost lost its meaning. To avoid this nonsense, I would make a quick rendezvous or terminate the session immediately.

It's funny when they believe they're being sneaky or think the past doesn't matter. I enjoyed your form of termination. Made me chuckle.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I still don't get where is the not meaning what you say and not saying what you mean. Is there a secret message somewhere in there?

·
Registered
165 Posts
You should've worked in a "See you in another 7 years!" with that final statement, but good on you for dismissing that mofo with style and ease.

·
Registered
102 Posts
@antahon In short, the guy told qingdom (while in a seemingly bad mood) to "get lost"...so he did. As you can see from their interaction several years later though he didn't really mean it when he told him that and was therefore baffled when qingdom stopped speaking to him.

Maybe it's the Fe, but I have noticed the tendency to not say what you mean in INTPs that I have been around. In particular, INTPs seem to get in negative moods and say sometimes hurtful things, but then expect you to have forgotten said things later just because time has passed. Either that, or they think that the fact that they were in some type of bad mood clearly indicates that they couldn't have meant what they said (emotions clouding judgment I suppose).

As an ENTJ, I don't see mood as an excuse to be dishonest/hurtful so the above is foreign to me. I'm also horrible at reading others' emotions, so an INTP's bad mood is often so subtle that I don't recognize that the INTP is even in one. This leads to confusion at times when the INTP says something hurtful, as it seems to come out of nowhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We've all had instances of getting tongue tied or thought jumbled at one point or another in our lives.

Got stories to share?

This is one of the main reasons I dont like going out to clubs

Usually some drunk person would come up to me I met a long time ago and be like:
"Hey bro, friend, buddy, man, how you doing, where you been, nice to see you"
As soon as I respond he says ah huh ah huh... and walks away being the drunk idiot he is..

People like that and the fact that the music is so loud I cant just have a nice quite conversation with anyone :/

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lmao. I have one. It was a mix up with the school. Apparently someone in the school thought my parents were beating me because I didn't want to take my homework back home. Idk...I guess logic was horrible back in elementary school.

Anyway, CPS came knocking on my door to interview me about my parents and the environment I was in. Keep in mind, my family is a very loving family and always has been. I'm just an aloof dork. This is a bit of the conversation:

Interviewer: So, tell me, do your parents hurt you in any way shape or form?

Me: *swings legs while looking at ceiling* Nope.

Interviewer: Do you have a bed to sleep in?

~a few seconds pass by~

Me: *doesn't reply*

Mom: Pssst, the lady is talking to you

Me: Oh. What?

Interviewer: It's okay honey. *looks over to my mom* Ma'am, I was not asking you. Allow her to respond.

~gets distracted by how she disrespected my mom which makes me forget what she was asking. interviewer continues to stare at me~

Me: What?

Interviewer: Do you have a bed to sleep in?

Me: uh, yeah?

~i have now completely detached myself from the conversation because she was boring me with mundane questions. I hardly understood why she was there in the first place because I was so young~

Interviewer: Do your parents give you enough to eat?

Me: No.

~Basically everyone gasped and my mother snapped at me to pay attention~

Interviewer: Your parents don't give you enough to eat??

Me: What? Yeah, duh? Are we done?

Mother: This is the kind of thing that I was trying to tell you about Mrs. Blahblahblah.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Romantic associate (on the phone with friend): So while I'm sitting here peeling this apple he makes a fat joke. I said to him 'Are you crazy? I have a knife in my hand!' and he says to me 'Yeah, I noticed that but I figured the food in your other hand would keep you distracted.' Can you believe he actually said that? (Aside to me sitting beside her): She says she's going to come down here and kill you for me.

Me: She's not exercising any empathy. Tell her to imagine the apple was actually a slice of cheesecake in her own hand.

And the death threats continue to mount....I can't leave the house without cheesecake now as a self protective measure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts