Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to say about me to help you peeps figure out what type I am, so please ask certain questions you want to know the answers to?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does being around your friends/people you genuinely like tire you after a while, or do you feel you can go for hours on end as long as you're around them?

Are you good with power tools or at mechanically-intensive tasks? (If not, have you ever tried?)

Do you prefer to make decisions immediately and then refine them later, or do you wait until you have a sizable amount of information and then make a decision?

Do you routinely zone out for ten or more minutes at a time?

Which do you find more interesting - working out complex ideas in your head or tinkering with objects? Neither? Both?

Do you empathize with sad or broken things?

Do you like "getting weird" with things?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does being around your friends/people you genuinely like tire you after a while, or do you feel you can go for hours on end as long as you're around them?

Are you good with power tools or at mechanically-intensive tasks? (If not, have you ever tried?)

Do you prefer to make decisions immediately and then refine them later, or do you wait until you have a sizable amount of information and then make a decision?

Do you routinely zone out for ten or more minutes at a time?

Which do you find more interesting - working out complex ideas in your head or tinkering with objects? Neither? Both?

Do you empathize with sad or broken things?

Do you like "getting weird" with things?

Yes, most definitely! I can actually feel myself getting energetic.

What do you mean?

Hmm it depends. I make judgements about people automatically, with situations/things, I gather up lots of information and it's pretty hard to make a decision.

Well, I'm not sure. I'm always half-daydreaming but I still sense what's going around me. It's like I can daydream but still hear conversations and see everything around me. It's how I am in school usually, XD

Neither...

Yes, I always do. I suffer from feeling randomly depressed/underconfident for no reason at all. Sometimes I get super angry thinking about those broken things or sometimes I get really emotional. But the thing is, I'm never emotional with people. Never. But then once when I'm all alone, I start tearing up. I think I seriously might have Borderline...

What do you mean?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting. From the responses I'd say you're probably ExFP, but I'd need more information to help you further.

The first question was a gauge of I vs. E - most introverts feel drained after a while of being with even their closest friends and need time to recharge. Most extroverts are actually energized by this interaction. This isn't to say that introverts don't like anyone, or that extroverts don't find some people annoying - both of these things are true - but generally this is how this is decided.

The second question was just a gauge of Ti. I've known quite a few people with dominant or secondary Ti who are very good at working with their hands, including an INTP female who has a knack for power tools.

The third question is a gauge of J vs P. Some J types tend to make quick decisions and then modify them later; some P types will actively resist making a decision until they have what they deem is enough information. It's a blurry line, however - ISTJs in particular won't pass judgment until they have a complete knowledge about the problem, and some P types may seem outwardly impulsive.

The fourth question is more of an anecdotal thing - I saw your listed type and was just wondering. That same INTP female I mentioned does this for long periods of time.

The fifth question was trying to judge INTP or ISTP - again, looking at your type. Types with dominant Ti tend to like working out concepts either in their heads or with their hands.

The sixth question is a question of Fi. Types with dominant or secondary Fi have a stronger empathetic tendency towards these items.

The last question is a question of Ne. "Exploring possibilities" is a phrase these types use or believe in - different ideas, new ideas, fresh takes on things - variety for the sheer thrill of variety.

I might suggest reading up on ENFP and ESFP and seeing if either of these make sense to you. If you feel that neither of these are a good fit, by all means I'm open to conversation about it.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. From the responses I'd say you're probably ExFP, but I'd need more information to help you further.

The first question was a gauge of I vs. E - most introverts feel drained after a while of being with even their closest friends and need time to recharge. Most extroverts are actually energized by this interaction. This isn't to say that introverts don't like anyone, or that extroverts don't find some people annoying - both of these things are true - but generally this is how this is decided.

The second question was just a gauge of Ti. I've known quite a few people with dominant or secondary Ti who are very good at working with their hands, including an INTP female who has a knack for power tools.

The third question is a gauge of J vs P. Some J types tend to make quick decisions and then modify them later; some P types will actively resist making a decision until they have what they deem is enough information. It's a blurry line, however - ISTJs in particular won't pass judgment until they have a complete knowledge about the problem, and some P types may seem outwardly impulsive.

The fourth question is more of an anecdotal thing - I saw your listed type and was just wondering. That same INTP female I mentioned does this for long periods of time.

The fifth question was trying to judge INTP or ISTP - again, looking at your type. Types with dominant Ti tend to like working out concepts either in their heads or with their hands.

The sixth question is a question of Fi. Types with dominant or secondary Fi have a stronger empathetic tendency towards these items.

The last question is a question of Ne. "Exploring possibilities" is a phrase these types use or believe in - different ideas, new ideas, fresh takes on things - variety for the sheer thrill of variety.

I might suggest reading up on ENFP and ESFP and seeing if either of these make sense to you. If you feel that neither of these are a good fit, by all means I'm open to conversation about it.
Ahh okay, thanks. Hmm but one thing that kept me from believing I was a F type was the fact that I randomly hit/kick people, I'm violent, I insult people, and am otherwise a mean, irritating person. Everyone says I'm mean, annoying, and somewhat stupid. I'm just really, really irritating and nobody really likes me. Even I dislike myself. I have A LOT of superficial friends. I have severe mood swings, sometimes I can really loathe somebody and think that they're the most horrible, judgemental ever and in the next 5 minutes, I can think that same person is the most awesome, funniest person ever. Hmm pretty sure I'm an E and a P. Not sure about S or N. Any questions for that?

·
Registered
466 Posts
From what you have said you are definitely Se-Ni and either Fi-Te or Ti-Fe.

"Hmm it depends. I make judgements about people automatically, with situations/things, I gather up lots of information and it's pretty hard to make a decision." -Ni

"Well, I'm not sure. I'm always half-daydreaming but I still sense what's going around me. It's like I can daydream but still hear conversations and see everything around me. It's how I am in school usually, XD" -Se as opposed to Ne

"Yes, I always do. I suffer from feeling randomly depressed/underconfident for no reason at all. Sometimes I get super angry thinking about those broken things or sometimes I get really emotional. But the thing is, I'm never emotional with people. Never. But then once when I'm all alone, I start tearing up. I think I seriously might have Borderline..." -Fi or Ti

And since you said you get energy from other people I am guessing you are extroverted. Also you said you are probably a 'P'.
I'm gonna say you are either ESFP or ESTP.

Good luck with trying to find your type!

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what you have said you are definitely Se-Ni and either Fi-Te or Ti-Fe.

"Hmm it depends. I make judgements about people automatically, with situations/things, I gather up lots of information and it's pretty hard to make a decision." -Ni

"Well, I'm not sure. I'm always half-daydreaming but I still sense what's going around me. It's like I can daydream but still hear conversations and see everything around me. It's how I am in school usually, XD" -Se as opposed to Ne

"Yes, I always do. I suffer from feeling randomly depressed/underconfident for no reason at all. Sometimes I get super angry thinking about those broken things or sometimes I get really emotional. But the thing is, I'm never emotional with people. Never. But then once when I'm all alone, I start tearing up. I think I seriously might have Borderline..." -Fi or Ti

And since you said you get energy from other people I am guessing you are extroverted. Also you said you are probably a 'P'.
I'm gonna say you are either ESFP or ESTP.

Good luck with trying to find your type!
Thank you! What would help me determine whether I'm an ESTP or ESFP?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thank you! What would help me determine whether I'm an ESTP or ESFP?
Do you know what cognitive functions are? Try finding descriptions online if you don't.

ESFP- Se-Fi-Te-Ni
ESTP- Se-Ti-Fe-Ni

The main difference between the types is their judging functions. One of them introverts their feeling and the other their thinking. I don't want to oversimplify it here and get you all confused so I suggest you look it up because others have explained it so much better than I have!

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you know what cognitive functions are? Try finding descriptions online if you don't.

ESFP- Se-Fi-Te-Ni
ESTP- Se-Ti-Fe-Ni

The main difference between the types is their judging functions. One of them introverts their feeling and the other their thinking. I don't want to oversimplify it here and get you all confused so I suggest you look it up because others have explained it so much better than I have!
Ahh okay. Yup, searched it. I'm pretty sure I'm an ESFP. Thanks!

Reactions: slyspy and Khalrin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Feeling doesn't mean emotional. It means you make decisions based on how you or others feel or will be impacted. Thinking means you do so emotionally. You're probably ESFP.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was so stupid and annoying back then lol. I actually could see ESFP though going off of this information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts