Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I confirmed I was ISTP, but it seems I have traits from both Intp and Istp. I keep doubting myself, so I'd like it if you guys ask me questions and see from my response if Im using se or ne(sorry if this sounds stupid). Cause my intuition is strong and I already know which answers on mbti tests give you stronger sensing results and I think im picking those because I think Istp sounds cooler to me lol.

Nothing stupid like " do you prefer to ride motorcycles, and strangle sharks, or do you prefer to find out the meaning of life" please

I actually think I might be IXTP, if thats possible, is there such thing as hybrids in mbti theory?

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Why does ISTP sound cooler to you? What sort of environment did you grow up in (family/community)?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
You should read about the dynamics of Se-Ni compared to Si-Ne. At the auxiliary-tertiary level, the boundaries between those functions are much less clear. You can access tertiary very easily, much more so than you can the inferior. Your strong intuition could just be this easy access to Ni, or thinking you're an S-aux could be strong tertiary Si, if you're INTP. Se-Ni and Ne-Si are completely different; you just need to research and observe your own thought processes to figure it out...easier said than done, I know.

Why does ISTP sound cooler to you? What sort of environment did you grow up in (family/community)?
I'm also interested in hearing the answer to this.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ENFP video, but the explanation of intuition is excellent.

So as far as I understand it. Ne is when you come up with multiple ideas and creative solutions. Like an inventor. And seeing beyond the box. Or even perhaps like an interior decorator that can immediately see what he/she can improve in the room and how to move it around.

Ni on the other hand is sucking in information and then POP -> understand it better, or analyzing the pattern and come up with a solution. For example when I say "I need you to build me something that [ blah blah ]" you might instantly think of a solution to the problem. Or when you learn about a topic you don't yet understand you might have an AHA moment and grasp it suddenly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because the description sounds better, lots of descriptions stereotype them as badass daredevils while the intps as philosophers.
How does the Enviroment I grew in help?

And I think I have both ne and ni, both of them really weak though. Some will say thats impossible but Ive read up on the descriptions and I KNOW I use both

·
Registered
235 Posts
Because the description sounds better, lots of descriptions stereotype them as badass daredevils while the intps as philosophers.

And I think I have both ne and ni, both of them really weak though. Some will say thats impossible but Ive read up on the descriptions and I KNOW I use both
How old are you? If you're much before the age of 20, I wouldn't really expect you to have a very developed intuitive function. I'm under 20, so I can really only coax my Ni out when I'm problem solving or making music!

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Because it gives some clues about what you might need to be to fit in or adapt or what traits would be valued and that may influence how you see yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts