Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure where to start other than I believe that in some ways I fit the category of an ISTJ and other I feel like I fit an ISFJ. But I'm pretty sure I fit somewhere in the middle depending on the situation I'm dealing with. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not really sure where to start other than I believe that in some ways I fit the category of an ISTJ and other I feel like I fit an ISFJ. But I'm pretty sure I fit somewhere in the middle depending on the situation I'm dealing with. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you looked into the cognitive functions?

ISTJ is Si-Te-Fi-Ne
ISFJ is Si-Fe-Ti-Ne

It's basically going to be a matter of whether or not you relate to Te or Fe.

Te users in general tend to be more efficient and organized. Can be prone to being accidentally harsh since they're not naturally in tune with other people's feeling. (However, they can be very empathetic if they relate strongly to another person's situation). They do tend to be aware of social norms, however. (That doesn't necessarily mean they adhere them.. it would depend on the ISTJ)

Fe users will still like routine and schedule but not necessarily be focused on efficiency and organization. It'll be more about consistency instead since they don't have the Te. Fe instead is more sensitive to people and about maintaining harmony. It'll get pleasure from seeing other people happy and doing things to make other people happy. (Typically). Fe tends to be sensitive to the emotions of those around them. (That's not to say that they legitimately "feel" those emotions, but they're more inclined to notice the emotions of the group rather than their own). SFJs tend to be taken advantage of and at times door mat-ish.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you looked into the cognitive functions?

ISTJ is Si-Te-Fi-Ne
ISFJ is Si-Fe-Ti-Ne

It's basically going to be a matter of whether or not you relate to Te or Fe.

Te users in general tend to be more efficient and organized. Can be prone to being accidentally harsh since they're not naturally in tune with other people's feeling. (However, they can be very empathetic if they relate strongly to another person's situation). They do tend to be aware of social norms, however. (That doesn't necessarily mean they adhere them.. it would depend on the ISTJ)

Fe users will still like routine and schedule but not necessarily be focused on efficiency and organization. It'll be more about consistency instead since they don't have the Te. Fe instead is more sensitive to people and about maintaining harmony. It'll get pleasure from seeing other people happy and doing things to make other people happy. (Typically). Fe tends to be sensitive to the emotions of those around them. (That's not to say that they legitimately "feel" those emotions, but they're more inclined to notice the emotions of the group rather than their own). SFJs tend to be taken advantage of and at times door mat-ish.
I think that I fit closer to ISFJ than ISTJ. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts