1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )
I place most of my emphasis on putting it together. I often spend so much time researching and working on it, I end up rushing to get the final product done.
2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)
I tell it like it is, no bsing. People have told me I lack tact sometimes.
3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?
I take my time deciding on things.
4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?
Occasionally, but only briefly.
5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?
Not usually. If it's something I strongly believe in and worth standing up for, then yes. But the majority of the time I'm not very rebellious.
6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)
Hmm... I find myself critiquing both, but probably more so it being unrealistic.
7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?
Occasionally.I can see other people's point of view relatively easily. Also, I'm not ashamed to change my stance on a subject if I agree with what the other person is saying.
8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?
Sometimes, but not usually.
9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?
I don't like being wrong, but I get over my pride and can take constructive criticism to heart.
10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
I would research, research, and research some more.
11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?
Not EVERY action I take, no. Sometimes, I suppose.
12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
I help people to a certain extent, but if I feel like I'm being used, I'll leave them to figure it out on their own. I feel good if they can understand it after I've helped them.
13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?
14. how does your average day go in general
Not very eventful, I don't do a ton besides attending school and doing homework. I tend to procrastinate. I'll try to talk to people I see every day and see how they are, but don't usually get deeply involved with anyone. I tend to keep to myself and don't usually talk to strangers for no reason.
15. what things do you value the most,
Knowledge and understanding, happiness, family.
16. what things regularly bug you,
Most people in general.
17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,
I compare their actions to their speech and observe the deficiencies between the two.
19. how do you arrive at your decisions,
I tend to over-think things. I think of all the things that could go wrong, then choose the one with the lowest likelihood of failure.
20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.
How it will effect my future and present, and of those directly involved.
21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
My friends often ask if I'm mad at them, and I'm completely dumbfounded on why they would think that other than the fact that I can be distant at times.They also say that have a hard time describing me. I have a hard time making decisions, even on trivial things. I'm very forgetful. For the most part I'm practical, but having fun occasionally takes over. I drive a Jeep, for example.
22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?
I don't listen to mainstream music and enjoy independent films. I enjoy a little of everything; art, music, mechanics, science, etc. I had an odd sense of humor... I love puns and word play.
23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?
My strengths are my kindness, work ethic, honesty and loyalty. My weaknesses are impatience, lack of confidence, and lack of trust.
I did write some comments on your answers, but lost them somehow. :sad: The short summary: go with INTP unless something feels out of place. The odd test result giving other types are perfectly normal. :happy: