Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Being a Christian, my first and foremost drive is to love God and to love other people for who they are, to the best of my ability. I'm encouraged by seeing others' creativity, joy, and liveliness, and I want to increase it and delight in it, because it gives me hope for the future, and inspires me to see what we will become when we are made new. For people who don't believe in such things, which I can understand, I will put it as: I love seeing people be happy in themselves and loving every moment of existence.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Hopes and reality often end up going in different directions, but my goal in life is to follow my dreams (not at the expense of others), and to help people (as stated above) to be joyful, by chasing away lies and helping them to see themselves as they really are.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to become a judgmental person, or someone obsessed with principles and rules, or a mean person. The most important values to me are acceptance of others as they are, deep and unconditional love that not only enjoys people for who they are, but also cares enough to do what is best for them, no matter what.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
My biggest fear, I think, is that I will never be noticed, that I'll only be the first choice as long as I'm the only choice, that I'll be overlooked because someone else is always a better option than I am.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want to be seen as a happy person, inspiring, truly caring, genuine and honest, someone that will listen. I do my best to be that person, but sometimes loneliness and sadness are the most prevailing emotions, or sameness, or exhaustion with life in general. I try my best to be selfless, but I usually fail, because I'm a human being.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I'm a part of a joyful experience, for both myself and others. I feel my worst when I'm outside, unnoticed or unwanted, and I don't get to be an important part of others' lives.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I tend to let things slide, unless I get pissed off enough, which usually sets me off, and then I explode in peoples' faces.
b) Shame isn't something I experience a ton of, really, but shameful experiences (even if they were only shameful to me) tend to make me want to redo that bit of life, or forget it happened (since I can't change it).
c) I pace, nervous energy makes me feel restless, and things flow and writhe in my mind all over the place while I consider every possible disaster -- if not in detail, then in feeling.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I tend to have a shorter fuse, not wanting to talk much; or feeling confused and uncertain. (All dependent on the type of stress.)
b) It usually takes me a bit to reorient myself, and, depending on how much I had banking on a particular plan or outcome, I can be slightly upset, but once I have time to adapt my mindset, I adjust, unless the plans ruin something I had in mind beforehand.
c) Conflict between others can make me sad, scared, or hopeless/cynical. Being embroiled in conflict myself usually makes me get mixed up if I come under attack (especially if the attack is directed at invested beliefs), and I completely lose the ability to debate properly, unless I can avoid taking it personally, which can be difficult sometimes.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) Stricter rules and limits (this also extends to plans) usually make me feel trapped and uncomfortable, and sometimes I clash with them, as I like to have a degree of freedom and flexibility. I believe those in authority are meant to be first of all considerate of others, but, realistically, should make the best decision for everyone involved, to avoid hurting anyone.
b) Power shouldn't be possessed by any individual unless they are capable of being fair, loving, and have self-restraint. (God being the best example of a good user of power, and authority for that matter. He could demonstrate himself with flashy shows of power, but scaring us into submission goes contrary to his deep love of each one of us.)

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Humanity is...damaged. We are not all we are meant to be, and so, like wounded animals, we lash out when we feel cornered or uncomfortable. We try to make ourselves feel good, to avoid noticing how miserable narcissism makes us. We have all suffered emotional wounds, and each of us believes things about ourselves that are simply not true, though many times they seem true. Life for ourselves is a hopeless endeavor, and trying to obtain pleasure through self-absorbed means will just make us miserable in the long run. We were meant to live in joy, love, and community with one another. (Just look at human relationships. We all have friends. We want to communicate, to be known.) In general, I believe that life is not all it is meant to be, but that someday it will be.

I've taken the test twice, and the results I've gotten are:
First time:
7w6, 2w1, 1w9
Second time:
2w1, 5w4, 9w1

Most of them describe me fairly well, but the more detailed descriptions of 7w6 and 2w1 have both been off the mark.

(EDIT: I just realized I didn't need to capitalize every first letter of the title...oh well.)
(EDIT 2: Added questionnaire.)

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
So, I've taken the test twice, and the results I've gotten are:
First time:
7w6, 2w1, 1w9
Second time:
2w1, 5w4, 9w1

Most of them describe me fairly well, but the more detailed descriptions of 7w6 and 2w1 have both been off the mark. (I'm also an INFP, if that helps at all.)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

(EDIT: I just realized I didn't need to capitalize every first letter of the title...oh well.)
The questionnaire is found as an article to the What is My Type forum. Fill it out and we'll be able to guess.

EDIT: UPDATE OF THE OP TO FILL OUT QUESTIONNAIRE AFTER THE FACT

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There we go. Hope I didn't go off on different thoughts too much to be helpful. :p

·
Banned
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@WanderingThoughts - Two, I should think. Just echoing everybody else. ^^ Haha. I spy a fellow Christian. Nice to meet you. :) I think I spotted some Six in there so that could be part of your tritype, but don't take that too seriously as I fear I want to type everyone as Six. x3 You didn't go off randomly and every detail you put in your questionnaire was helpful. I think you could have 1w9 or 9w1 in your tritype as well as your gut fix. You seem very self-aware, so I'm leaning more towards 1w9. So, 2wx, 6w7 or 7w6, and 1w9 in some order. Hopefully that was helpful. ^_^ Definitely take a look at the links @Wake posted. They're golden.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, maybe I'll figure it out sometime. With having so much of each, it's kind of hard to figure out which ones I am and which I am not. :p Another Christian? Yay! :D Nice to meet you.

I may have to just find a test somewhere that gives more definite results. I find that certain tests ask questions that are slightly too vague, and so the results can be mixed, since I'm never exactly sure how to answer each question. I'll continue my research and see what comes up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts