Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my minor in criminal justice, pretty sure I either want the next 4 or years to either evolve into me becoming a financial manager or ADA. I did well in both subjects In college. Highly considering quitting my management job for a marketing company due to conflict in morarility. Problems is that one route requires law school to get my Jp and the other requires 3 exams and 4 yrs of business job related job. I know to become a ada it will take a bare minimum of 5yrs before I get to the 120k mark, with the financial manager job I can easily make 11k more annual plus gain sharing plus profit sharing for more. What route sounds best?

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Whichever provides you more day-in-day-out, moment-by-moment intrinsic reward and sense of fulfillment from the sort of tasks you will do. I'm guessing both involve a lot of detail work, lot of paperwork, lot of people interaction, lot of fast-paced tracking of data. As far as I understand ADA will require more hierarchy and system navigating on the fly. Financial manager will involve more number crunching and long-range projection. Financial manager probably has a bit more independence/variety while ADA probably is more similar from job to job. One other consideration I would take into account is lateral movement. If you end up displeased with life in either of these positions, what else can you do with your education and experience? Especially if you're w7 and 7-fixed you don't want to end up pigeonholed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts