Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help :)

I am starting to think I might be an ISFJ or and INFJ. Edit: I think it's about the Intuition/Sensing.

But I'm not at all sure - it would be nice to hear what you think!
I honestly don't know what kind of information you need to guess what my personality is... but I guess I'll try. I'm just going to ramble now - I honestly don't know whether or not this is of any importance to you.

When it comes to how I perceive , especially personalities and social situations, I think I often try to understand them by comparing with earlier relationships/other people. For example, when I meet a new person and get to know them, I instantly try to make sense of them by putting them in the same "box" as another person I've already met. Of course I do see the differences and I try to point out what distinguishes them from one another, but I love to see patterns. The next step is to step back and wonder if I made the right "desicion", and start to look at other options.

I also remember faces easily, and I see similarites between faces in detail without trying too much. I also notice the smallest changes in looks when I haven't seen a person in a long time. And I'm very fascinated by quirks in peoples voices, facial expressions or personalities - and I often see similarities between people's faces/physical appearance and make connections based on quite small details.

I am not sure whether or not I want the big picture or details first, and I don't really know how to find that out either. I mean I have heard from a few others that I can seem very fuzzy and not very serious about things small things, but that is when they seem unsignificant to me. On the other hand I am good at explaining things in a way that makes sense, especially in writing. When I try to explain something verbally I sometimes make things to complicated, I need structure. So then I try to explain it super simple and short... which makes me dissatisfied because in my head I make sense of small things, too.

Is there anything you need to know in order to answer or have a guess? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Think of the person who knows you best in the world, how would they describe you?
Are you very prone to day-dreaming/ having long imaginary conversations about ideas, or are you more focused on reality? Do you have a huge, bizarre inner world that you hardly ever share with others or...? [I'm not personally sure what the inner worlds of ISFJs are like, so I don't know what to put as a contrast lol].
Are you generally a pretty "normal" person or have you ever felt distinctly "weird"? (however you might subjectively define those words)
Do you generally feel that you understand other people and they understand you-- or do you often feel that you're misunderstood or have trouble understanding others?
What are your friends like?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd have to go with ISFJ. From what you've written, you tend to use the cognitive function 'introverted sensing', which is looking back at previous experiences to make decisions. You're also pretty detail-oriented, which is definitely a sensor trait.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Also just for the record, ISFJ and INFJ are actually SUPER different, despite being only one letter apart... so probably just reading up on MBTI in general would help you. Really, the best way to find your type is to explore the theory in its entirety. You won't really understand what any of the individuals parts mean (i.e. the 'S' and the 'N') until you understand the whole theory.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,631 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts