Personality Cafe banner

Which Body muscle type should I try to strive for after Losing weight?

• Alex Louis Armstrong

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Saitama

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I am trying to lose weight which I think has a good chance of happening. But one thing does keep almost stopping me in my tracks. After losing the weight do I want to bulk up or do I want to move towards a a lean body muscle type.

Best way the put either like Alex Louis Armstrong Armstrong muscle body type.jpg

or Saitama saitama muscle body type.jpg

Member of personality cafe. What is you opinion?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
my vote is to build muscle and they both look like they have a lot of muscle. the first one looks like it'll require steroids so I vote for the 2nd one if you don't want to get into steroid usage and lots of people don't. I vote for building muscle until you look like a slightly more padded version of the 2nd one and then you can lean out.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my vote is to build muscle and they both look like they have a lot of muscle. the first one looks like it'll require steroids so I vote for the 2nd one if you don't want to get into steroid usage and lots of people don't. I vote for building muscle until you look like a slightly more padded version of the 2nd one and then you can lean out.

Probably should have used Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Lee as examples. Basically Armstrong is more towards bulking up and body building and Saitama is more so lean and strong muscles (more similar to like Bruce Lee).

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Probably should have used Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Lee as examples. Basically Armstrong is more towards bulking up and body building and Saitama is more so lean and strong muscles (more similar to like Bruce Lee).
didn't Arnold use steroids too though in his bodybuilder days? I have been told that steroid usage is pretty much the default for all pro bodybuilders unless they're competing in a special drug-free and tested league. so even with the new examples I think my vote would be the same.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't Arnold use steroids too though in his bodybuilder days? I have been told that steroid usage is pretty much the default for all pro bodybuilders unless they're competing in a special drug-free and tested league. so even with the new examples I think my vote would be the same.
Yeah I think he did. I wouldn't say all of them do steroids. I know it's hard to avoid them since the providers are always in the locker rooms selling them and pressuring them onto people who would prefer to do it the natural and harder way. But I am sure they are some who prefer to keep their pride over having a better chance at winning.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Do you know what your somatotype measurements are by any chance?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I don't body build anymore, but you're supposed to eat like a monster as you're gaining and if you don't want to get fat, eat lean as you go up in weight. Eating lean does wonders and doesn't affect strength or form if you do it right.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I don't body build anymore, but you're supposed to eat like a monster as you're gaining and if you don't want to get fat, eat lean as you go up in weight. Eating lean does wonders and doesn't affect strength or form if you do it right.
When you were doing a lean bulk, what was your eating schedule like? A few huge meals or constant eating? And what were the ratios you were using with regards to protein, fat, and carbs? I'm kind of doing that, but mostly high protein high fat.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
Your muscle bellies look the way they look and you cant change that. Both those physiques will require you to build muscle, one is just a lower body fat than the other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts