Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Hi.. actually idk I am an ENTJ or ENTP but I have serious problem here and I think ENTJ can understand. I have an idea about IT business, and I recruit some people to be my team, it's start-up and I have no money, I ask them to build this together a week ago. I find myself is really impatient and perfectionst but i don't think it's bad. and I found my team they are not ambitious and not excited about this project. they are very very smart but idk i feel they are not excited and ambitious. What do you think? should I leave this team and build another solid team that are excited enough of this project, or should I stay?. How if this is your case? what will you do?.
1.Get better at defining the problem
This seems to be a 'no new product' problem, and why that's important, with several sub-problems preventing it.

Making a comparison between what you see as your good qualities, "impatience and perfectionism" and the "lack of ambition" from your team does nothing except to deflect your responsibility.

Questions to ask oneself: What are the consequences of not developing your idea? Should the tasks be delegated? If the team members don't [figuratively] take ownership for their part, why not. If they are not accountable to the task or you, why not. What have you done? should they be confident in you or want to help? do they have other priorities? why should they care for this vision? do they know how their contributions will lead to the end result? are they rewarded or recognized or reminded of the value of their contributions? are you soliciting them volunteer labour or will they share equally in the outcome? how realistic is their perceived reward from their perspective? what are the consequences of not meeting a goal or commitment? Is that important.. to whom is it important? Do you communicate with them to understand their priorities before assigning work and making expectations?
It may be that you need others, or different team members, or somewhere to outsource, or find other resources or working alternatives that meet the same or better customer needs. - but you need to look at yourself and the problem objectively

^The questions may be harsh, but if answered just as harshly, you'll likely find answers. I think ignorance and mistakes are inherent in everyone that prevent us reaching the goals we want, we could reflect and find things we don't like about ourselves or do better, but what we do with that information once we find it also defines us. Be better tomorrow

·
King of Seduction
7,172 Posts
Hi.. actually idk I am an ENTJ or ENTP but I have serious problem here and I think ENTJ can understand. I have an idea about IT business, and I recruit some people to be my team, it's start-up and I have no money, I ask them to build this together a week ago. I find myself is really impatient and perfectionst but i don't think it's bad. and I found my team they are not ambitious and not excited about this project. they are very very smart but idk i feel they are not excited and ambitious. What do you think? should I leave this team and build another solid team that are excited enough of this project, or should I stay?. How if this is your case? what will you do?.
Hmm..
Enthusiasm has it's place. I think it's good to have morale booster type personalities. Upbeat and positive.
But I also value the people who see error, I encourage them to use their error finding ability to refine processes.
It's all about roles. You said they were smart - what is that defined by? Their educational accomplishments? Their career accomplishments? It's not about overall intelligence to me but rather intelligence specific to my objective.

Perhaps you recruited those who are too similar. My office has myself who is obviously handsome and passionate with little flaw with the exception of being too powerful of a leader. Then I have my error checker who is a bit rough around the edges but professional and good at finding things that are wrong. I have my hype guy who is always happy. I have one employee I inherited who is kind of lazy and she's being replaced. I will replace her with someone high in empathy and who can defuse conflicts because it's important in the role - I'd also perfer someone who has a bit of a compulsion to organize. Last I have my quiet and sweet employee who seeks to help others. We have a good mix but we're not alike.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'd say NT above nailed it.

You need to taylor the team according to the goals, to the needs your goals require.
And build a good group-dynamic, this can be exceptionally important, and increase productivity.

If you want to be crass about it, "ambitious and excited" isn't the reason 99% of the people go to work.
They go there to get a salary, quite frankly.
As long as the job gets done and everything's running smoothly, it's just a hyped slogan, IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.