Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice recently; when we text somebody, the vibration of our feelings at the moment will entrapped in our cellphones. Afterwards it will be present in the persons phone you sent the text to. I did some research involving the topic, experimented on sending same text massages with different set of moods. Results stem from it are interesting and equally perplexing. There is an article about it some where in PerC but I forgot where it is.

I'm the kind of person who takes a long time replying a text, I don't know whether its an INTP thing or me my self exclusively.

So what I learn is when we rewrite our massages a couple of times, the vibes will eventually. fades. Leaving a robotic aura. And how only 30% of what said is consider in replying the text, it uses a lot of non verbal cues. Astounding how perceptive human being in detecting subleties.

Overreaching?

What do you think?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
This is the same as when taking analogue signals and converting them to digital... there's a loss of... quality.

level of loss depends on how the conversion process is and how the end product is received.

usually leading into loss of translation / conversion during the process.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I don't know about you, but I just read the text and take it as it is. That's unless it sounds like there's an underlying meaning to it, then I start to think of all the possibilites of what the person meant.

I'm bad enough at picking up emotions of people, and now you're telling me that my electronics have feelings too! I'm now expecting an electronic takeover soon because of how we may not appreciate them enough *pats laptop*.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yes, I also take a long time to respond. I think it is because both ends of the text are well past the emotional state they were in during the initial sending. Think about it, if you send a text message asking a question or making some stupid joke, how are you going to feel three, five, eight hours later? You probably aren't going to care anymore or you will care significantly less. Other interactions have probably taken place in the meantime. I would hardly call it the human ability to perceive subtleties. I think it is more like the human's naturally low attention span.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Time taken to respond is dependent upon the sender. I only respond swiftly to 2 people and sometimes not even them. I tend to leave my phone for hours at any given time which also henders text time. When woman text me I like to try and dissect meaning but I'm typically dumbfounded regardless.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't know about you, but I just read the text and take it as it is. That's unless it sounds like there's an underlying meaning to it, then I start to think of all the possibilites of what the person meant.

I'm bad enough at picking up emotions of people, and now you're telling me that my electronics have feelings too! I'm now expecting an electronic takeover soon because of how we may not appreciate them enough *pats laptop*.
I'm not a vibe or aura person. I'm not sensitive to those things and don't trust my intuition anyway.

Like Ablysmal, anything I interpret from a text comes from the words/timing/language...and my interaction with that person. Maybe the 'vibes' are actually a combination of those elements?
Anyway, I personally receive no vibrations of feelings. I sure hope my true feelings don't get transmitted. That'd almost be a breach of privacy.:ninja:

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is the same as when taking analogue signals and converting them to digital... there's a loss of... quality.

level of loss depends on how the conversion process is and how the end product is received.

usually leading into loss of translation / conversion during the process.
Someone I know frequently sends me message that can be interpreted many ways. I've explained the problem of interpretation via text. She still continues to do it.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Someone I know frequently sends me message that can be interpreted many ways. I've explained the problem of interpretation via text. She still continues to do it.
Maybe she likes getting on your nerves, or she is trying to get you to think outside the box wrt interacting with other people. She could also think she's in tune with you and you should probably get it via intuition based on prior discussions.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Maybe she likes getting on your nerves, or she is trying to get you to think outside the box wrt interacting with other people. She could also think she's in tune with you and you should probably get it via intuition based on prior discussions.
No, you don't understand. The problem is I can often think of a multitude of interpretations, several could apply.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
No, you don't understand. The problem is I can often think of a multitude of interpretations, several could apply.
Yes, I do understand. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think you're right. It takes me a considerable amount of time to reply to a message -- but only if the reply is important to me, or will convey something that I would rather keep hidden. It usually happens mainly with guys I have a crush on ... or people I don't know very well yet. With my crushes, I'll reword thing, reread for overt flirting and then try not to let myself sound like an idiot. With people I don't know very well, I reread for typos and then I try to 'dumb down' my writing style so that if they're not the type of person to write out 'you', they don't get the impression that I think I'm better than them ....

Reactions: VivianeScrooge

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
I notice recently; when we text somebody, the vibration of our feelings at the moment will entrapped in our cellphones. Afterwards it will be present in the persons phone you sent the text to. I did some research involving the topic, experimented on sending same text massages with different set of moods. Results stem from it are interesting and equally perplexing. There is an article about it some where in PerC but I forgot where it is.

I'm the kind of person who takes a long time replying a text, I don't know whether its an INTP thing or me my self exclusively.

So what I learn is when we rewrite our massages a couple of times, the vibes will eventually. fades. Leaving a robotic aura. And how only 30% of what said is consider in replying the text, it uses a lot of non verbal cues. Astounding how perceptive human being in detecting subleties.

Overreaching?

What do you think?
I think whatever you're on is a bit too strong for you.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Everything could be interpreted in multitude of ways. That's why I try to take it at the face value and reply texts using the first impression I got from it. Otherwise my replies would be full of "Can you clarify what you've texted me earlier?".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts