Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when you write something and you have grammatical errors in it, that it irritates NT's quite a lot. Is this just me imagining this, or is this true?

Reactions: yellowbritt

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
^^ Same. :dry:

The grammatical content in this thread is satisfactory for now. :dry:

I usually correct grammar simply to troll. It works very well.

But overall, it doesn't bother me if I can still read it.

EDIT: I find it ironic that there is a sponsor advertisement about grammar checking below the first post. :laughing:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Yes! Typos in books drive me mad, I end up ranting about how the editor obviously sucked and should be able to spot the mistake. Then again having had to read through only 13 A4 pages to find things even I struggled, damn human mistakes!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I can't stand spelling errors...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I hate them, but this is the internet, so I have to accept that not everyone's first language is English.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well....

No, I'd imagine it irritates a lot of xNTJs that like order in their world. xNTPs though may be another story, with their "go with the flow" mentality and all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I hate bad spealing*, it's so awful. How am I supposed to talk to someone (and take that someone seriously) who can't even write down their thoughts properly?
*sucker

Reactions: Immemorial

·
Registered
393 Posts
No, I'd imagine it irritates a lot of xNTJs that like order in their world. xNTPs though may be another story, with their "go with the flow" mentality and all.
INTPs are probably the most likely to be annoyed by grammar and spelling mistakes. It's the combination of Ti and tertiary Si. ENTPs seem to care much less about these things than any other type of NT.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What is really annoying with these errors is that they slow my reading down.
All these grammar details are clues about the global meaning, and giving wrong ones leads readers on a wrong trail.

Plus it often disrupts the whole aesthetic of the text.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Honest mistakes are far less irritating than dealing with people who want enforce their pet-peevy, ridiculous grammatical preferences on others and then get very irritated when the mean people of the Chicago Manual of Style or other grammar book disagree with them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
An INTP friend asked me once if I hated grammar mistakes. I guess I don't hate them. But then again, I can't be objective because it is highly probable I make many mistakes myself. Like someone above said, not everyone has English as their first language, and that would also include myself.

However, I find it funny that people don't notice dangling participles. I mean, it's so obvious! :cool:

Also for fun: YouTube - ‪Grammar Nazis‬‎

·
Registered
988 Posts
Can you lend me five hundred dollars so I can buy a gun and shoot myself? :tongue:

Now, if this is most unscientific, then I have little to say.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts