Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a completely unscientific question that I have been thinking about due to
personal observations.....

do you think NTs like listening to metal more often than people from other temperaments?
I know that taste in music is a matter of individual taste, not of temperament....
however, I'd just like to know your personal, unscientific observations on this....

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I know that I've seen many NTs on this site who seem to listen to metal frequently. I don't really listen to it much myself, though.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Perhaps.

I love Metal most and I listen to pretty much everything bar rap.

I think a lot of NF types enjoy it as well but possibly for different reasons.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I'm going to stereotype it and say most NT's listen to trancetechnodancehouse which to me all goes under the same category;
crap. I can't stand hearing donk donk donk donk for five hours straight, and watching these retards dance is just, embarrasing
for the entire human race. But, oh well, I'm sure they don't like my music neither.

I don't particularly like black/death-metal, but some heavy metal is ok. I'm more of an alternative rock, alternative metal kind of
guy. Post grunge is definitely my favorite. But, post grunge is dying. It's not what it used to be around y2k. I can't stand these
emo bands like Breaking Benjamin; Boys whimpering in the microphone. I need a badass voice, like Shaun Morgan's. Cigarettes
'n whiskey voice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't stand most metal. Very little progressive metal and nu metal is the limit to what I will listen to in the 'Metal" categories.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm not sure I have much of a music preference. I can tolerate mostly anything, but I'm not a fan of metal or rap in general, although there are some individual songs I like. Trancetechnodancehouse stuff is enjoyable, but so is acoustic type stuff and just regular rock. I like bands like Nickelback, Crossfade, Theory of a Deadman, 3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace etc.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
For what it's worth, this NT enjoys metal. I cranked it on the old ipod at the gym today to get me through a heavy workout. R&B (which they normally play) just doesn't do the trick for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love pretty much every type of metal. Black, death, thrash, symphonic, progressive, ect. I don't really like metalcore, but I find it at least listenable. I usually get bored of nu-metal songs after about two listens.

Metal is what I mostly listen to, though I've been listening to a lot of electronic music lately (most of it aggrotech). In fact, I can say that I can listen to any kind of music except for indie and country.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
This NT loves metal.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Given the technicality of the music, and the relatively dark humor it tends to represent, what I wonder is how many of the musicians, themselves are NT's and ST's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Metal is the majority of what I listen to. As a kid I never liked music much except the occasional oldies song or weird al. Then a friend introduced me to a bunch of metal bands, it was like a whole new dimension of my life was revealed to me.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I don't know but this SF lives, eats, breathes and sleeps the stuff.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Punk has great lyrics usually so I've been getting into that recently quite a lot and I'm starting to get into the music style more and more.

·
Banned
557 Posts
You guys could probably tell from my username but I am a total metalhead. As long as it's not black metal or nu-metal, I'll love metal music. Slayer, megadeth, iron maiden, dio, death, black sabbath... it's all good. NOW RATTLE YOUR GODDAMN HEADS!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts