1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spam-I-am
14,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vbob got's a thing for p.j.'s
long story short, at me last job as a tree surgeon
we would do contract work for power companies
and when ever we had new inexperienced climbers i would walk down the line find dog droppings, climb the tree to the 1st crotch and place dog doo in it
when new climbers would spike to crotch and place hand in doggy shit, raise their hand, identify d.s.
then would be totally amazed at how it got there, of course i just grinned and never told them
fast foreward to present
new guy at work [6 mos] talks about p.j.'s he played at his last job
last week he put's pine cones in cab of my work truck
next day i made the comment how fresh and pine coney my truck smelled, we laughed
today i got my revenge while at work in da hood i managed to collect
2 nicely used baby diapers
used condoms
dog shit
a fuck load of pine cones
got back to shop, placed used condoms over wiper blades [we wouldn't want his blades to get wet if it rains]
i diaper in cab and 1 in the box [fuck that pine cone smell, diapers are where it's at]
pulled his ramp out and placed dog shit, pine cones, condoms, cigar butt's, water bottles
in the over head storage compartments- peanuts, lots and lots of peanuts so every time he hits a bump
peanuts will fall out
more peanuts in sun visor and his gloves
i don't believe in m.a.d. [mutual assured destruction] fuck that
i go all out
any one else enjoy doing this?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Good god no... at least not like that.

I crack back-to-back jokes all day, unleash sarcasm Hell on my workmates but that's because they think it's funny (and so do I. I crack myself up).

In terms of practical jokes I don't really venture that far; you really don't know where "the line" is for most people, even people that you are close to. Besides, I would never want anyone playing outlandish practical jokes on me.

Now, I do play small pranks on people but very rarely. When my cube mate was out at lunch I went on her computer and changed her mouse speed from the lowest setting to the highest, which both of us had a good laugh about because she couldn't control the mouse to change it back. Also, while she was out one day I stuck 50 gold stars all over her work space and told her "find them all and you win a prize." There was no prize, but she never found them all anyways.

You know, silly stuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I once hid behind our work shirts in a semi-enclosed clothes rack as a co-worker was about to leave and gave him a scare when he went to grab a new shirt before leaving. Also got involved in another, having one co-worker hide in a very large lidded box on a pallet. Drove with it on a forklift and brought it to the receiving department and when they went to open the box to check in the contents he jumped up, pushing the lid as he went. Scared them pretty good.

Surrounded someones desk chair with a lot of Styrofoam cups, each containing about an inch of water. Messed with the settings on someones pc so that the image was upside down, the cursor icon always appeared to be loading, icons on screen didn't match their link, mouse sensitivity set to max, etc.

Nothing remotely harmful or destructive.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
Thats disgusting. I like pranks that aren't gross, but it has to be done right and not frequently.

For example, at my last job, my boss thought it would be cute to move something near the office and see how long it would take us to figure it out. :dry: Unamused, we took his coffee pot and put a bunch of rainbow princess unicorn stickers on it to see how fast he would notice. He's a pretty PG guy, and the amount of vulgarities yelled out when he saw it was just hilarious xD

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
My favorite formula for practical jokes:

1) Wait for April Fools, obviously

2) Come up with a "joke" that's completely beyond the pale, unforgivably vicious, and you would have no right to do it to anybody else (that's the operative word: anybody "else")

3) Set the joke up with yourself as the intended victim. When it goes off, everybody who sees it will expect you to be absolutely furious with whoever crossed the line

4) Put on a big show of freaking out at some schmuck that you have targeted as the victim of the real joke, accusing them of setting up the "joke" that everybody else saw happen to you. The victim will completely understand that you should be reacting so explosively against someone for doing [whatever] to you, but will have no idea why you are singling them out

5) Through everybody for a loop by going from furious to giddy: "April Fools!"

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's really gross. If someone did that to me, I would write them off - as in spend as little time around them as possible from then on.
Not really a fan of practical jokes in general.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't have a problem with "harmless" practical jokes. I've never gotten into practical jokes that didn't leave both people laughing.

When we were younger, friends and I might have tossed lit firecrackers behind each other unexpectedly.

When friends are turkey hunting, I've been known to sneak out and use a turkey call to make them think a turkey is nearby. They would use their call trying to get the turkey to come closer to them, and I'd gobble back with my call. You can get them pretty excited and worked up doing this...for hours on end.

I'm a beekeeper. Male honeybees (drones) don't have a stinger. They just buzz. You can always get a few laughs by releasing some drones around people, especially indoors.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
When friends are turkey hunting, I've been known to sneak out and use a turkey call to make them think a turkey is nearby. They would use their call trying to get the turkey to come closer to them, and I'd gobble back with my call. You can get them pretty excited and worked up doing this...for hours on end.
^ I'm not a hunter but I am particularly gifted with mimicking animal sounds. One of my favorite things to do is sneak around the house making various animal sounds and confusing the hell out of my mother. I once stood outside of the bathroom door while she was taking a shower and hooted like an owl for a few minutes, she came out later asking if someone "heard that owl?!?!"

Also, I make distressed cat noises and my mom comes running in asking if anyone's hurt the kittens.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My dad (INTJ) is big on practical jokes. We tend to prank one another, just random harmless things. We constantly wage junk mail war. Last thing I received was samples of adult diapers. He just received a video on removing toenail fungus. And we're constantly planting random stuff in each other's yards, plastic flamingoes, gnomes, etc. And every wedding we go to gets a real gift and a fake gift. It's silly but keeps us entertained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.