Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed quite a few INTJ's be users of certain substance, pick your poison. I was wondering how this forum feels about it?

I'm been smoking MJ for about three years now, and being an INTJ I like to smoke alone or with a small group of close friends. A lot of my smoke time is alone, and when I smoke often times my mind goes to space, and I come up with ridiculous but seemingly accurate models of... just about anything, in my head. I've had a hard time recreating these models, but I think with practice I will be able to create some serious stuff.

I drink socially but not regularly, smoke cigs socially but never buy them. Did shrooms a few times but it sent to me some weird places. Did ecstasy quite a bit in high school but I've been clean for about two years. Salvia Divinorum is legit and wild. Molly is fun. Acid is intense, I want to try it again.

tl;dr

What do you guys think about drugs?:cool:

·
Banned
557 Posts
I don't do drugs. However I do have a strange want to get around a bunch of stoners, let them get higher than a giraffe's ass, then chill out with them while listening to Bob Marley. People can do strange things while under the influence of the herb, then I can reap in the rewards of watching them act like fools. :wink:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
and I come up with ridiculous but seemingly accurate models of... just about anything, in my head. I've had a hard time recreating these models, but I think with practice I will be able to create some serious stuff.
Nah . . . probably not.

Weed is fun but I need my sense of time and urgency to get anything done at all. I also don't like being overly talkative and paranoid. Tends to make people take me even less seriously.

I've enjoyed booze but it stopped being fun when I realized even in moderate amounts it was clouding my judgment--enough to stay in a couple of lousy relationships far longer than I should have. It was also keeping me fat. So I don't drink anymore.

I used to smoke cigarettes and cigars but I stopped enjoying it so I quit.

Pills, acid, hallucinogens, coke, meth, opiates, paint huffing, X. . . .nahh. . . no interest. Never tried them.

So, no. Not moralistic about it, but the only mood-altering substance I absolutely won't give up is coffee. And Skittles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah . . . probably not.
you'd be surprised.

when i first started smoking, the experience was like everyone's, bright lights, good tastes, music sounds awesome. anxiety, paranoia, etc.

but after a year or so I started noticing and paying attention to the people around me and how they acted. and i started wonder why people spew so much bullshit to get the things they want in life. a few broken friendships later, i started smoking a lot on my own. then things changed. this is when i became intj I believe.

now when i smoke, i dont have much anxiety, and hardly no paranoia. im not lazy, in fact quite the opposite; when i smoke i often do more work than when i dont. the first 20-30 minutes of smoking, my mind is full of ridiculous models, but about real life situations and concepts.
(not like, "herrr, if we add bacon to chetoos, we can make the megazor!!!")
more like pinpointing the problems of the present, and being able to explain them in a "no shit" kind of way.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I like MJ a little too much, so I don't smoke it regularly anymore. I've tried a little of this and that because I enjoy experiencing altered states of mind. I like hallucinogens very much and some painkillers are nice. I would like to try opium or heroine if I ever have a chance. Tried ecstacy and it was a nice high but I crashed hard and it took me a week to recover. I won't do that again. I'm not too fond of stimulants (other than caffeine, I'm addicted to caffeine) and I don't know if I only ever got bad coke but it never worked on me. Meth is one I would never try, I hate that shit so much because of what it does to people and the fact that it is just nasty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't feel that I have time to get high in my life. Here's what I know about it...
You do dumb shit for a few hours, then forget most everything that happened. There goes the day.
People generally do it for fun, but what a waste of time! I'd much rather be writing a book or working in my vegetable garden than cracking dumb-ass jokes at myself in a mirror.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I've noticed quite a few INTJ's be users of certain substance, pick your poison. I was wondering how this forum feels about it?

I'm been smoking MJ for about three years now, and being an INTJ I like to smoke alone or with a small group of close friends. A lot of my smoke time is alone, and when I smoke often times my mind goes to space, and I come up with ridiculous but seemingly accurate models of... just about anything, in my head. I've had a hard time recreating these models, but I think with practice I will be able to create some serious stuff.

I drink socially but not regularly, smoke cigs socially but never buy them. Did shrooms a few times but it sent to me some weird places. Did ecstasy quite a bit in high school but I've been clean for about two years. Salvia Divinorum is legit and wild. Molly is fun. Acid is intense, I want to try it again.

tl;dr

What do you guys think about drugs?:cool:
lol, I've smoked with an INTJ before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Substances?Drugs?HELL NO1
i only do MJ.its like...SALVATION.ofc you have to know how to deal with it
.if you know how,you can focus on things.and can you imagine what a focused INTX can archieve when he has the concentration >:)

but well getting in conflict with the law isnt really worth the effort i think.BUT my comrades im in europe,here isnt it this illegal(mother earth?)and for the real madness.Nederland is right around the corner.but well guys,you got atleast guns,try atleast to smoke the gunpowder :tongue:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, I've smoked with an INTJ before.
Haha. I don't think I've eevr smoked with another NT, how was it??

I don't feel that I have time to get high in my life. Here's what I know about it...
You do dumb shit for a few hours, then forget most everything that happened. There goes the day.
People generally do it for fun, but what a waste of time! I'd much rather be writing a book or working in my vegetable garden than cracking dumb-ass jokes at myself in a mirror.
lol I don't know what kind of after school special you've been watching.. but that's not at all what happens lol.

Substances?Drugs?HELL NO1
i only do MJ.its like...SALVATION.ofc you have to know how to deal with it
.if you know how,you can focus on things.and can you imagine what a focused INTX can archieve when he has the concentration >:)
After a while of smoking I was able to control it and I learned to act "normal" when around parents and police and school teachers and such. Once you learn to harness it's power, it's really incredible. Like I said, I think of some crazy things man. Crazy yes, but still logical.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not a social drug user, and have never tried traditional drugs like meth or cocaine. My primary interest is psychedelics. I take it seriously though, and I'm not the type of person who is prone to mysticism or spirituality or paranoia.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've tried marijuana a few times and I've gotten pissed a few times also. Been there, done that. I still drink but I stick to good beer (Newcastle Brown... mmmm) and don't get drunk. I might smoke a cigar with friends when the opportunity arises.

Other than that I stay clean. I don't really enjoy altering my state of mind.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
more like pinpointing the problems of the present, and being able to explain them in a "no shit" kind of way.

Yeah, I remember that from back when I smoked. It's called "dreaming".

I remember smoking a bowl and playing guitar for 12 hours straight. I thought it sounded good. I now hear that it wasn't so much. Oh well, I was having fun!

So no judgment or anything. Enjoy your recreation, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your job.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
ESFP's seem to be my drug of choice. I don't need drugs to act like a jackass and douche around with some friends, although I suppose that's not the reason your using now is it?

I don't think I will ever do any illegal drugs, I just don't see the point. Also, you say it helps you focus, but I am hyper independent and don't like to rely on anyone, or anything, to do whatever I need/have to do (in this case deep thought, which I can accomplish on my own.)

All that being said, since I have never tried any I suppose I am in no position to condone or not the use of recreational drugs :laughing:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't drink or do drugs. I like having control of my mind. Any alteration - even if it's positive - is unnatural. I really dislike making the unnatural a part of me. TV and all that is unnatural, but it's not being added to my physical self.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I don't do drugs. However I do have a strange want to get around a bunch of stoners, let them get higher than a giraffe's ass, then chill out with them while listening to Bob Marley. People can do strange things while under the influence of the herb, then I can reap in the rewards of watching them act like fools. :wink:
Generally people don't like being high around sober people.
I know I hate it when I'm laughing at the paradox of human existence and trying to explain it, that someone is laughing at me rather than with me.

That said remove the stick from your ass and try some MJ.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't drink or do drugs. I like having control of my mind. Any alteration - even if it's positive - is unnatural. I really dislike making the unnatural a part of me. TV and all that is unnatural, but it's not being added to my physical self.
Do you drink coffee? Soda pop? Caffeine is a mind altering drug, which from test results is actually more dangerous, and kills more people a year than MJ.

Yeah, I remember that from back when I smoked. It's called "dreaming".

I remember smoking a bowl and playing guitar for 12 hours straight. I thought it sounded good. I now hear that it wasn't so much. Oh well, I was having fun!

So no judgment or anything. Enjoy your recreation, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your job.
Dreaming eh? I never got much into creating music, though most of my friends did. The only job I'm really focusing on right now is school.

ESFP's seem to be my drug of choice. I don't need drugs to act like a jackass and douche around with some friends, although I suppose that's not the reason your using now is it?

I don't think I will ever do any illegal drugs, I just don't see the point. Also, you say it helps you focus, but I am hyper independent and don't like to rely on anyone, or anything, to do whatever I need/have to do (in this case deep thought, which I can accomplish on my own.)

All that being said, since I have never tried any I suppose I am in no position to condone or not the use of recreational drugs :laughing:
I really don't know your experience with people on drugs, but if you were to chill with me, there wouldn't be any jackassing or douching, I promise. ;) And honestly, unless you hang out with a lot of people who do drugs, you won't have any idea what it's really like. The only way to find out is to try it, but thats up to you. not anyone else.

Generally people don't like being high around sober people.
I know I hate it when I'm laughing at the paradox of human existence and trying to explain it, that someone is laughing at me rather than with me.
I used to be like that. Now I don't give a fuck. Where I live a lot of people smoke... like 40% of the whole state, 60% of everyone who's born here. I stopped caring if people know I'm high or not, I still share my love.

I think.. people with different MBTI have different experiences when they smoke. For instance I, being an INTJ, usually think to myself on an intense level for a half hour or so, then find something that need's to be worked on, and work vicariously on it. At times I've thought so intensely, I could feel veins in my head popping out. I could feel my brain pulsing, right side, then left, then right, then left, cont. One time, and only one time I blacked out from thinking so hard. I was thinking about some project I wanted to start, then the next thing I know I was in my shed looking for tools, and I had no idea how I got there. I looked back where I was smoking, and thought "wtf...."

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I smoke cigarettes, K2, cigars, yeah, I'm pretty well open to trying anything. I've done MJ twice, didn't feel anything my first and got way too high the second time. I'd like to try DMT and currently researching legal highs. I'm sort of torn because of the stigmata, I really want to do something great with my life, and don't want to get caught up and strung out on anything. But wth, that's what college is for, now if I can only move out and find some sweet roomates. I prefer being high around people, it just makes it more interesting. Depending how much I smoke, I get a itch to move and just sitting makes it worse. when I'm really high, I want to walk around. Oddly enough even if the world is spinning, I don't come off as being that stoned or stoned at all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts