Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 403 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a lot of NT's are really not that sexual. Especially the introverted ones. Well, except for the ENTP's (I've noticed that they can sometimes be freaks). I've really noticed that the INTP's in general tend to lack sexual enthusiasm as well as many INTJ's. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Late bloomers? I didn't have a sexual appetite until I was 20 when a friend asked me to have sex with him then gave me my very first kiss. I was very interested in sex after that until I figured out how all the bits and pieces of my lover worked. When the mystery was solved I lost interest. Now, in my late thirties, it's damn near the only thing I can think about.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

In my case, this comes from having so much Catholic school and wanting to be a "good boy" and thus I stayed clean most of the time. While I have had a sexual partner once, it wasn't quite as awesome as some of the other things in my life. It seems to me that I get a better high off of solving a puzzle than working out how to put two bodies together. Perhaps if I had more of an emotional side then I may have a different take but for right now that is my main thought on the subject. If one leads with the head instead of the heart, there can be cases where feelings aren't seen as important possibly.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno...I've seen some pretty horny NTs :mellow:
Wow, looks like I'm meeting the wrong NT's then. Most of the ones that I meet just want to work, solve puzzles, read books, etc.

Reactions: Chaerephon and Wasp

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I think there is definite sexual interest on the part of NTs, it's just something that tends to be reserved for the one they are intimate with and not just broadcast out there. I'm a much later bloomer than Chancey and like Unleash and Freebird it's just not a topic I feel compelled to go out of my way to talk about.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wow, looks like I'm meeting the wrong NT's then. Most of the ones that I meet just want to work, solve puzzles, read books, etc.
My friends don't think that I a very sexual person but that is simply because I keep those things to myself. Trust me though, I check out chicks and want to fuck just as much as any other guy my age :tongue:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of NT's are really not that sexual. Especially the introverted ones. Well, except for the ENTP's (I've noticed that they can sometimes be freaks). I've really noticed that the INTP's in general tend to lack sexual enthusiasm as well as many INTJ's. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm quite sexual when it comes to thinking about the matter, but when it comes to actually doing things...I don't know -- I'm just not there. It doesn't do as much for me, if anything at all. Somehow, thinking about sexual things is better than actually doing them.

I'm like some weird sort of asexual...:confused:

Or maybe I just haven't found the "right person" yet. Hum dee dum.

·
Registered
603 Posts
You don't notice a lack of interest in sex, you just don't realize what you're noticing is more of a decency/respectability about sex. For example, just because an ENTJ won't frequent a titty bar does not mean he isn't interested in boobies. :)

Perhaps the introverted types are less interested, but if you visit the ENTJ forum you will find at least a couple of threads that should prove you wrong.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My friends all describe me as one of the most sexual people they know and I can't say I disagree. While it may not be constantly on my mind, it doesn't take much to bring it to the forefront.​

·
Registered
198 Posts
From what I've noticed a lot of ENTPs seem to be very sexual, if not I'll make up for it.

Reactions: Fawcon

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Uhmmm . . . . no . . . haven't noticed that at all . . . .

What I have noticed is that NT's need to rationalize everything, so instead of just going for it there has be some level of interpretation. This can keep us from being as direct as some others who are comfortable just getting down to the animal basics. It can also cause problems in keeping us from being really being present and experiencing what's happening for what it is.

But no, I found out a lot about "mousy" little INTP girls during study breaks in the basement while working at the college library. They wanted to analyze it afterwards, though.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Or, we may just be suppressing that just like we do everything else that has emotion tied to it.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I'm not too interested in having sex. If I get into a relationship and it gets serious enough to involve sex, then maybe, but I'm happy to go without for now. I'm much happier doing things I'm interested in.

Some of the people on this forum are very sex-obsessed and very sexual, especially some of the males, who often act like the stereotypical perverted caveman type of person. I really don't understand them. Some bring sex into every thread, even when there's no possible connection to sex, which can be annoying.

1 - 20 of 403 Posts