Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've met quite a few NT's with some type of OCD or germophobia. NT's confirm or deny my theory.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
no, not really. I like to feel that my hands are clean, but I don't wash them excessively. I do occasionally have OCD moments, but not all that often.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I think about it too long, it can really freak me out. But I tend to be more of the "buck up, germs make you stronger" school.

Cleanliness, I want it to sparkle, but I don't want to be the one to do it!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Denied. I hate antibacterial soap. Grew up playing outside with the dogs and horses. Getting dirty is second nature for me.:wink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not so much a germophobe (unless it's really gross -- but who wouldn't be put off by that?) but do have some mild OCD (which is quite hard to explain...), touching/looking at things until I "feel" right, randomly turning in circles while walking, touching a specific spot on the stairs when I'm going down them...I get anxious. :p

·
Registered
815 Posts
I know an INTJ who has severe OCD. I also know one who would eat dog poop if someone asked him to.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not a germophobe, but I do have a low tolerance for filth. I don't believe in antibacterial lotion. My kids never get sick because they have an opportunity to build up their immunity. My bigger concern is looking/feeling like a trashy person who has no respect for myself/things.

I am a little OCD about some things being done a certain way (how I fold my towels, keep my car, etc) but that is because there is a perfectly logical reason for me to do it my way. I'm a bit like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory, greatly diminished.

I have my foibles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have mild-moderate OCD. I am kind of a germaphobe..I constantly get this weird feeling like, germs just creeped up on my hands and I have to wash them instantly. I also shower 2-3 times daily (depending on how I feel).
Because I also pick at my hands, it can be issue..my hands are pretty cracked and they'll bleed sometimes.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M-O (Microbe Obliterator) = NT/OCD mascot :crazy:

Oh okay; in his book David Kiersey says that a lot of NT's tend to be germophobes. Obviously this is another wack ass theory of Kiersey's.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am very germophobic. I will not drink after someone else, I hate when everything in a public bathroom is not motion activated, it honestly is even the main reason I don't like to fool around with strange girls.

EDIT: I must clarify that calling me germophobic is still a bit of an exaggeration and I am not OCD about it at all. I am OCD about checking to make sure I have my wallet, phone and keys an excessive number of times throughout the day. The side effect of that is pretty good I guess, because I've never lost or forgotten any of those items and I know it really sucks when you other people do. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am very germophobic. I will not drink after someone else, I hate when everything in a public bathroom is not motion activated, it honestly is even the main reason I don't like to fool around with strange girls.
I am not germophobic, but I totally feel this. The only people I will drink after are my children and my husband. Even then, I make a note of which side of the glass they drank from so I don't put my mouth on it.

I hate hate hate public restrooms. If we are on a road trip I would almost prefer to pee outside than use a seat in a public restroom. And they say that the faucets are just as bad as the seats.

My brother in ENTP and he feels the same way about strange girls.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess you could say I'm mildly OCD.

Like I have to have my school books and supplies in a certain order, and I have to take exactly 2 steps on 1 sidewalk section. And I have to wait exactly 5 seconds before getting out of my favorite chair...but that's about it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i am irrationally germophobic, but that's irrelevant. i wouldn't call it OCD, and i would expect more sensors than intuitives to be "germophobic" in the sense that i am.

if there was a correlation between MBTI and disorders, we'd have to abandon the politically correct idea all types are equal. this would open up discussion for other disparities, namely intelligence.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts