Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why didn't they work according to type? What is your type? What is their type? Which part of their type didn't work out with your type? Describe the relationship, was it boring, exciting, passionate, never ending fights...etc? How long did the relationship last?

I will start:

Me: INFP
Ex #1: INTJ
Letters that didn't work: His IT. His IJ. His I. His T.
Relationship description: Boring. His need for alone time and my need for one on one time clashed so I felt lonely often. He took forever to make a decision then became completely unmovable once he decided on something. The house was too quiet. My emotional needs were not satisfied and he was not interested in learning about the same things as me so his T did me no good either.
Length of relationship: We lasted 6 years.​

·
Registered
456 Posts
Me: INTP?
her: ISFJ
Letters that didn't work: Her F and my T.

Relationship description: Mostly positive, but we were arguing ALL THE TIME. She was very dependent, while I was equally independent. That created constant tension. There was also a big communication problem as we tended to misinterpret each other all the time.
Constant criticism on her part, constant negligence on mine.

The real problem was the level of emotional investment she wanted in the relationship. She lived for the relationship, and desired that I did the same, but the concept is almost alien to me. I just couldn't satisfies her emotionally, and the constant demand was too exhausting.

On the bright side, we had an amazing chemistry, and we were joking all the time.

Length of relationship: 2 years

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
#1.

Me: INTP
Him: ESTP

We were fifteen when we started dating and we broke up when we were seventeen. We turned into completely different people and we were at completely different stages in life. If for some reason we got back together, it would end horribly.

#2.
Me: INTP (clearly.)
Him: INFP

Long, long, LONG story short, we don't trust each other anymore and we also got to a point where we were tired of being in relationships, as we hadn't had time to be single, so we didn't take the relationship as seriously as we should've been. We hurt each other a lot. We also didn't/don't understand each other much. I feel like I understand him now more than I ever did when we were together.

·
Banned
554 Posts
they didn't work because we all go through different phases in life.
you are not meant to stay attached to people, that is illusory. we do not own people.

the reason why relationships haven't worked in the past, doesn't relate to an mbti profile.
i really do not consider it as an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts