Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored of reading threads about love-sick ENFPs in the INTJ forum, so I thought it's time we talked about something not to do with romance.
NTs, what's your current (obsessive) interest? (Apart from MBTI, socionics, Jung, wanking and video games).

I've started reading an introduction to the ancient Greeks and am planning to read their myths and drama plays as well. Then I want to move on to the Romans. LOL, I recited lots of facts from the book to my husband on the bus today. People must think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, shit, besides those things? I guess moving for my job and finding a girlfriend there. And switching my current bad habits with things I'd rather do (sllloowwwllllly but surely).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know OP said not too talk about video games but I'm seriously obsessed with Bioshock 2 right now. I know I'm late playing it and I can't wait for the new one. I think I'm going to go ahead and just play 2 again when I finish it. I'm thinking about getting an "I will be reborn in the cold womb of the ocean" tattoo.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Buddhism - meditation, economics, psychology - pathology

Self-reflective shit:
Love and relationships: How much of your life is different with/without it and the various experiences you pick up from it
Black magic and taboos: I'm Thai and it's scary how much of this has affected so many people - also WHY lol is it just placebo or idk man this shit cray

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black magic and taboos: I'm Thai and it's scary how much of this has affected so many people - also WHY lol is it just placebo or idk man this shit cray
Can you tell us more about that? I didn't know black magic was was a Thai thing.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Right now, the articles of the UN Declaration of Human Rights and a slightly milder obsession with the 'It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular' manga-oh, and Kick Ass...I should have sounded the Geek alert. Oops.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Can you tell us more about that? I didn't know black magic was was a Thai thing.
Asian black magic =/= Western black magic. The ones that I am familiar with are Thai/Malay/Javanese Black Magic (basically because these are my ethnicities)

To be honest, I've never heard of any western black magic before, if you are suggesting that they are some.
Asian black magic is simple: use it to your advantage for a price. This price goes beyond monetary values. You get an excessive amount of wealth and power but you may have to pay for it by losing your family to unnatural causes of death. It's like enjoying all 7 deadly sins at once and going on overkill on it until it's time to pay up your debts in some negative form.

There's a ritual to every one of these. If you want wealth, there are a few different types of rituals for it - depending on what are your specifications (I want wealth, power and family or I just want wealth). It's kinda like going to Subway, asking for a basic sandwich and you're given a few other choices of vegetables to customise it to your preference.

There are also a lot of taboos and restrictions that you have to follow, some include no walking under clothes lines, no starfruit for the rest of your life, not being in a certain place at a certain time, etc.

It's become something we acknowledge but have no idea how or why it works. Some people say it's the chakras, some say it's just placebo, and I personally believe it's something Jung had said before, something along the lines of "Your mind is your reality." If you think it is, it is.

If you guys are interested to know about a few more of these black magic rituals/types, let me know and I'll start a new thread on it :D Also if you guys want to watch a movie on black magic, let me know.
(Extra reading material below + excerpt from a new possible thread)

Susuk (Malay):
Gives you this supernatural beauty. I've seen some ladies with susuk and while some of them may not look pretty or young, they have this captivating look that makes you just want to look at them. It also depends on the strength of the susuk. The stronger the susuk, the more captivating and beautiful you look. But the higher value susuk's are only practiced by higher level witch doctors. There are a few taboos/restrictions you need to follow: No walking under clothes lines under any circumstances at all (even if it was accidental) or you will fall sick for days. There are many other restrictions actually lol being pretty is hard.

The price to pay? If you do not take the susuk spell out before a certain age, you will not die. Literally. This lady had susuk and she was reluctant to take it out (because you'd look your age instantly and it's not something every woman is ready to handle) so she postponed this process to a later date. A few months later, she met with an accident and she is in pain but here's the issue: she cannot die because she still has the susuk on. She removed it a while later but she still isn't dead yet. There are also those who are in coma but hasn't removed it yet - mainly because she's unconscious and she can't move. So yeah, susuk is great but you gotta know when to stop.

There are also other Malay black magic that will give you other advantages. Wealth, boycotting other people's businesses, etc. I swear I've seen some serious boycott around here that sometimes extend beyond the business, families break apart, etc. Here's a black magic story that went viral in Malaysia: Mona Fandey | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Thai black magic is scary as f. They are very strong and effective but there is always that price. What you pay for is what you get, though. There are certain Thai tattoos that can give you wealth, power and control over women. There are a few ways to go about it. One way is to get ahold of one of these: Toyol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. These "toyol" give you great happiness - they will give you a ridiculous amount of wealth and power but if you slip up, you will be ridiculously poor and unfortunate in life.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Current interests:

Philosophy: (I'm looking to start from the foundation and work my way from ancient to current philosophical concepts, an endeavor that will take me the rest of my life [and hopefully, when I reincarnate, it will be as a philosopher's book light], but I can get an overview this year.)

Starting and Running a business: Trying to start a business from scratch. The only thing holding me back is me.

Untangling my relationship: In a doomed relationship, we both know it, and now we're trying to figure out what to do about it. We are both lingering on to the idea it's potentially salvageable despite our own conversations to the contrary. It's annoying and complicated on many levels. (Oh, maybe this is a "disinterest" lol.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Besides my usual two dozen hobbies and interests I'm currently obsessing about the history of the american west. I've almost finished one book and already ordered the next.
I've also started to read a book about the 30 years war, one about monogamy and I'm about to start a book about the history of ancient Greece and Rome.
Then after that I'll probably read a book about the history of Congo (I'm not kidding) that I've bought last week.
So...lots of historical subjects but that's more or less coincidental.

Of course if I find anything new and interesting about astronomy or space travel it will have priority and history must wait :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Rubik's cube. I've been practicing different strategies, memorizing algorithms... Trying to speed up my time, I'm at about two minutes on an average timed solve, less if the cube happens to be in my favour. I can't get much quicker with my current method, but that's why I'm learning new techniques. I enjoy the combination of plain old, mindless memorization and the more intuition-like understanding of what, exactly, is going on.

·
Registered
924 Posts
NTs, what's your current (obsessive) interest? (Apart from MBTI, socionics, Jung, wanking and video games).
Crap. Well, I don't know, then.

Comics, especially webcomics, have always been numero uno for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Currently, enneagram. But I don't suppose it counts, so prior to that, this year it's been:
- Nutrition, supplements, paleo/primal, intermittent fasting
- Skin care and anti-aging science
- My relationship with my now ex, and exactly why the hell it was a nightmare for me
- Improving interpersonal relationships in general

Much smaller and shorter side-obsessions have included:
- Crocheting
- Cooking
- Investing
- Minimalism (yeah, decluttering is not my forte)
- Childfree stance (after realizing I've always not wanted kids)
- Other random stuff

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
C#.

Reactions: FlaviaGemina

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got bored of reading threads about love-sick ENFPs in the INTJ forum, so I thought it's time we talked about something not to do with romance.

I've started reading an introduction to the ancient Greeks and am planning to read their myths and drama plays as well. Then I want to move on to the Romans. LOL, I recited lots of facts from the book to my husband on the bus today. People must think I'm crazy.

Lol, that was the exact same interest of mine a few years ago....

I was in a linguistic phase and attempted to be fully fluent in Thai and Lao, but I've kind of gave up on it even I'm already semi-fluent recently as of last month.

Now, I'm interested in cellular technologies, TDD-LTE versus FD-LTE, LTE Advanced, and how carriers worldwide are implementing them.

1 - 20 of 834 Posts