Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm, thought about this the other day. outside of INTJS and ENTP because they use TI like we do, i generally have trouble seeing eye to them socially and often not get along with them because of it. you think in general its bound to happen and that its mutual by them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree. Though I have gotten along with quite a few NT's... (almost always have a blast with ENTPs) I noticed when I've hung out with INTP's and ENTJ's it's just really frustrating. I've noticed they love sitting down in small groups discussing theories, plotting, etc... and I just find it boring. And they think I'm strange cause I want to party, "do crazy things". lol, oh well.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ENTJs tend to doggingly stick to theoretical concepts despite them not working, can't really determine at this point if its wishful thinking or just how they make meaning to themselves honestly. INTPs however i equate with gary busy, I'm surprised they even know what day it is lol.

Reactions: followyourthird

·
Registered
158 Posts
INTJs: i'm only close friends with one, but he's cool. we don't always agree but there's a level of mutual respect and understanding there. plus he's funny, that makes up for any issues.

INTPs: we have fun together, idk what kind of INTPs you guys are friends with but mine are just as active and adventurous as i am. we share a similar sense of humor as well (dat Ti dark humor)

can't comment on ENTJs or ENTPs because i'm not close to any

Reactions: Miss Anne Thrope

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
INTJs: i'm only close friends with one, but he's cool. we don't always agree but there's a level of mutual respect and understanding there. plus he's funny, that makes up for any issues.

INTPs: we have fun together, idk what kind of INTPs you guys are friends with but mine are just as active and adventurous as i am. we share a similar sense of humor as well (dat Ti dark humor)

can't comment on ENTJs or ENTPs because i'm not close to any
ENTPs are great and kind of like istps in a sense that you can have a lot of fun with them in regards to banter, ENTJS on the other hand would suggest avoiding because its easier to burn out with them due to my aforementioned comment. they also have a tendency to give unsoliiatated advice and don't understand its not their place to do so, unless asked. plus i normally get told what to do by them, which isn't something i appreciate much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ENTJS on the other hand would suggest avoiding because its easier to burn out with them due to my aforementioned comment. they also have a tendency to give unsoliiatated advice and don't understand its not their place to do so, unless asked. plus i normally get told what to do by them, which isn't something i appreciate much.
this right here. so accurate.

·
Registered
158 Posts
ENTPs are great and kind of like istps in a sense that you can have a lot of fun with them in regards to banter, ENTJS on the other hand would suggest avoiding because its easier to burn out with them due to my aforementioned comment. they also have a tendency to give unsoliiatated advice and don't understand its not their place to do so, unless asked. plus i normally get told what to do by them, which isn't something i appreciate much.
i was literally just complaining to my friend about unsolicited advice. yuck. i try not to make judgments about types before meeting them though...hopefully i can meet some that break the stereotypes :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Actually one good friendship I have seen was between an intp and an estp. My brother is an estp and I think we get along well as long as we're moving and/or laughing.

Reactions: Miss Anne Thrope

·
Registered
680 Posts
My three closest friends in school were ESTP, ENTP, and INTP, and I did notice that my ESTP friend got along better with our ENTP friend than the INTP, despite knowing the INTP for much longer. Or maybe it was just that INTP. She was so quiet it was like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I agree. Though I have gotten along with quite a few NT's... (almost always have a blast with ENTPs) I noticed when I've hung out with INTP's and ENTJ's it's just really frustrating. I've noticed they love sitting down in small groups discussing theories, plotting, etc... and I just find it boring. And they think I'm strange cause I want to party, "do crazy things". lol, oh well.
I can't argue this, bahaha!

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
hmm, thought about this the other day. outside of INTJS and ENTP because they use TI like we do
INTJs do not use introverted thinking.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This, this so much! Give me time to think or let me write it out and I can articulate it. Expect it on the spot, you better be good at connect the dots.
I posted it more to make a point about how INTPs view time differently than ESTPs in response to @maenad saying we never know the day of the week. But you make another valid point through the video.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I really love (board/video/outdoor) games. If you want to hang out with me there has to be something to keep me interested. Hanging around bores me, I have no patience at all for just talking about random stuff.
Give me something to do, however and I'm content. :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I posted it more to make a point about how INTPs view time differently than ESTPs in response to @maenad saying we never know the day of the week. But you make another valid point through the video.
Oh, I agree with that as well. I guess it isn't a thing for everyone to have non-existent internal concept of time :laughing:
His pauses as he is getting closer to the end brought to mind my inability to articulate my thoughts on the spot.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
just passing by to say that I'm glad you guys like ENTPs in general :wink: we appreciate you too, ESTPs!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I really love (board/video/outdoor) games. If you want to hang out with me there has to be something to keep me interested. Hanging around bores me, I have no patience at all for just talking about random stuff.
Give me something to do, however and I'm content. :)
There's not enough people around here that enjoy this, the few that would do that now are more interested in just getting drunk. One of the people that would be up for drinking and playing games literally now prefers to drink and go to the bar by himself if no one else wants to go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts