Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Obama is clearly not an INTP. Too much Fe.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
ENTJ with high Fe, are you kidding? Way to well-put-together to be an ENTP, and don't even think about calling him an INTP..

You are way off.
I think he is too well put together, and organizer of people, to be an ENTP as well. He is driven. He does remind me of an ENTJ with a lot of Fe.

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason I posted that video specifically is because you can see him in a somewhat different light than usually. His public persona is one thing, but I think he's revealed a bit more of himself in that conversation. I see Ti. Lots of it. He's definitely not an ENTJ. And he's not a great leader and organizer. I like him as a person, but as a leader he's kind of too mellow.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
The reason I posted that video specifically is because you can see him in a somewhat different light than usually. His public persona is one thing, but I think he's revealed a bit more of himself in that conversation. I see Ti. Lots of it. He's definitely not an ENTJ. And he's not a great leader and organizer. I like him as a person, but as a leader he's kind of too mellow.
Regardless if he inspires you, he has been good at climbing the ladder and finding his spots to thrive. He has been very successful. I think he uses Ti too. He could be an ENFJ.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Regardless if he inspires you, he has been good at climbing the ladder and finding his spots to thrive. He has been very successful. I think he uses Ti too. He could be an ENFJ.
I think he's ENFJ or INFJ, too. Or at least, I think he's not ENTP. ENTPs physically bounce when they speak. They can look grumpy or even INFJ-ish for a limited amount of time in certain situations, e.g. when they are interviewing someone for a job. But give them a chance to talk about themselves and they'll get carried away.
Also, in his inaugural speech (or some other speech), he said that U.S. society needs more empathy because lack of empathy is a huge problem. I'm not saying that ENTPs or INTPs don't have empathy, but it's probably not what they'd talk about in their inauguration speech.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Precisely. Look at the long term motivation and see what made him be where he is now.

Anyone can "sound" INTP for a little bit, if they try really hard... ;) j/k. But just half joking.

This guy "looking too mellow" to be a leader, to me, seems like a game plan.

Think of it this way. An ENTJ can look like an IXTX like that (which looks oh-so-personal and even cute) for one interview (12mins?), but an INTP CANNOT fake that public presence for all the other times.

I mean, just look at him. LOOK AT HIM. The hand gestures, the facial expressions.. Even that schizoid looking blinking and slowed down speech and stuttering is all a ..

I don't know what to tell ya. I see why you'd feel a rare connection in this particular interview, but he's definitely not one of "us."

He's got you. And THAT, is also some skill he developed due to his Fe. Evidences, fellow INTP! Look for that infallible evidence. This is how we work.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I think he's ENFJ or INFJ, too. Or at least, I think he's not ENTP. ENTPs physically bounce when they speak. They can look grumpy or even INFJ-ish for a limited amount of time in certain situations, e.g. when they are interviewing someone for a job. But give them a chance to talk about themselves and they'll get carried away.
Also, in his inaugural speech (or some other speech), he said that U.S. society needs more empathy because lack of empathy is a huge problem. I'm not saying that ENTPs or INTPs don't have empathy, but it's probably not what they'd talk about in their inauguration speech.
I like the idea of him being an ENFJ and Putin being an ISTP. They are duals. Star crossed lovers perhaps.

He is measured, decisive and firm, he is just disarming while doing it. He's a player basically. He is good.

Reactions: FlaviaGemina

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I like the idea of him being an ENFJ and Putin being an ISTP. They are duals. Star crossed lovers perhaps.

He is measured, decisive and firm, he is just disarming while doing it. He's a player basically. He is good.
No, Putin cannot be an ISTP. He's eeeeeeeeeevil, thus he must be an INTJ. [/sarcasm]

·
Registered
134 Posts
No, Putin cannot be an ISTP. He's eeeeeeeeeevil, thus he must be an INTJ. [/sarcasm]
Absolutely. Obama ENTJ with very high Fe, very manipulative in presenting himself as more "F," and Putin pure INTJ with no intention or ability to do anything with the Feeling quality of homo sapiens. Which does make him kind of rigid and cute, no manipulative covers. Also Putin's emotional maturity level is very low - maturity level is something that is not measure in MBTI.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Thank you. Exactly my opinion. He is a very good player.

Another thing, if you can't quite figure out if one is "playing" a face/type or not, go get an INFJ to look at them and use their uncanny ability for fake covers. Final check.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Obama ENTJ with very high Fe, very manipulative in presenting himself as more "F," and Putin pure INTJ with no intention or ability to do anything with the Feeling quality of homo sapiens. Which does make him kind of rigid and cute, no manipulative covers. Also Putin's emotional maturity level is very low - maturity level is something that is not measure in MBTI.
ENTJ's don't HAVE fe in their function stack. In fact it's their shadow function. Still think Putin is INTJ but because of tertiary Fi giving him a "f*ck you West" mind

·
Registered
134 Posts
ENTJ's don't HAVE fe in their function stack. In fact it's their shadow function. Still think Putin is INTJ but because of tertiary Fi giving him a "f*ck you West" mind
LOL right right, ENTJs don't have Fe in their stack, thanks for correcting.

And LOL - your Putin comment hahaha

1 - 20 of 91 Posts