Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Mysteryman
ISTJ 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/Sx

he's normally typed as a 6, but he possess a much stronger sense of calm and authority like a 1. he's pretty rational (like most 1s) but he isn't cerebral and rarely if ever displays signs of insecurity or self doubt.

I say Sp/Sx because, if you read the Jedi Apprentice series (covering his adventures with Qui-Gon as an apprentice), he at one point allopes with a young girl and leaves Qui-Gon for a short time before she is killed in a war and he returns to the Jedi. that does not strike me as Sx last behavior.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
@Mysteryman
ISTJ 1w9>6w5>3w4 Sp/Sx

he's normally typed as a 6, but he possess a much stronger sense of calm and authority like a 1. he's pretty rational (like most 1s) but he isn't cerebral and rarely if ever displays signs of insecurity or self doubt.

I say Sp/Sx because, if you read the Jedi Apprentice series (covering his adventures with Qui-Gon as an apprentice), he at one point allopes with a young girl and leaves Qui-Gon for a short time before she is killed in a war and he returns to the Jedi. that does not strike me as Sx last behavior.
I say Obi-Wan uses Fe not Fi. He only trained Anakin because it Qui-Gon asked him to as he died. Obi-Wan thought Anakin was too dangerous to be trained. He is very intuitive. Like how he discovered Padme was pregnant and Anakin is the father. He figured it out without a single word being said. Plus he had a strong feeling that Jango Fett was the man he was looking for after Padme was almost killed. His Ni helped him as a General so he could help plan how the outcomes will happen. I say Obi-Wan is ENFJ. But enneagram wise, you got it, I think.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I say Obi-Wan uses Fe not Fi.
no. Fe users are more focused on people, societal norms and the feelings of others. Obi-Wan is never focused on this. he's more detached, task oriented and, when he is focused on feeling, it's the internally derived, values driven, visceral type associated with Fi.

He only trained Anakin because it Qui-Gon asked him to as he died. Obi-Wan thought Anakin was too dangerous to be trained. He is very intuitive. Like how he discovered Padme was pregnant and Anakin is the father. He figured it out without a single word being said. Plus he had a strong feeling that Jango Fett was the man he was looking for after Padme was almost killed. His Ni helped him as a General so he could help plan how the outcomes will happen. I say Obi-Wan is ENFJ. But enneagram wise, you got it, I think.
none of this is function related

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no. Fe users are more focused on people, societal norms and the feelings of others. Obi-Wan is never focused on this. he's more detached, task oriented and, when he is focused on feeling, it's the internally derived, values driven, visceral type associated with Fi.

none of this is function related
Yet his Fi has never played into account when dealing with the council. MBTI: Obi-Wan Kenobi- ENFJ | Zombies Ruin Everything As a General in the Clone Wars, Ni helps see future outcomes so he can be a talented planner. Not to mention his diplomatic talents, he has a reputation of being a negotiator, which is why Grievous called him "The Negotiator" (Diplomacy is an NF intelligence) (SJ is logistics). When Anakin had heat with the council, he picked the council's side based on a feeling that Palpatine could not be trusted, which is Ni (& he was right). Even when he didn't want to make Anakin spy on Palpatine, he didn't go with his personal feelings & go against the council, he went with his Ni and maintained harmony with the council. & Obi-Wan has said that the Jedi Code is his life. A set of abstract principles. Not a specific set of rules, which are preferred by sensors.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I don't know this as much as I know Star Trek or Warhammer, but from what I saw in movies(+my Ne ofc!) he seems to me like:

1w9 6w5 ? SP/Sx

1w9 because he is rather idealistic and doesn't prefer to deal with others(also I) while still prefering to teach those that have "deserved" the privilege(wtf? Now you'll call me a Sith lover, but what a bunch of ballogney). 6w5 because he is so mystical, reclusive yet strong and well informed. Third one I don't know. But those two are definite. About the orientations, SP is rather obvious and sx, well. You have got to remember that sx is not just about the sex. It's also about 1:1 relations. And I feel as if Obi-Wan had a lot of those. So is right out of the picture just as are types 7(imagine spontaneous Obi in some Nar'Shadaa cafe during the party rofl) or 8(yeah like Jack Bauer mode is SO LIKE Obi >.>).

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Yet his Fi has never played into account when dealing with the council. MBTI: Obi-Wan Kenobi- ENFJ | Zombies Ruin Everything As a General in the Clone Wars, Ni helps see future outcomes so he can be a talented planner. Not to mention his diplomatic talents, he has a reputation of being a negotiator, which is why Grievous called him "The Negotiator" (Diplomacy is an NF intelligence) (SJ is logistics). When Anakin had heat with the council, he picked the council's side based on a feeling that Palpatine could not be trusted, which is Ni (& he was right). Even when he didn't want to make Anakin spy on Palpatine, he didn't go with his personal feelings & go against the council, he went with his Ni and maintained harmony with the council. & Obi-Wan has said that the Jedi Code is his life. A set of abstract principles. Not a specific set of rules, which are preferred by sensors.
once again, the traits you've mentioned could apply to people of a number of JCF functions. you also seem to be attributing superego to Fe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts