Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

At the moment I feel überstressed. A lot to do at work, my father is in the hospital with heart surgery (not serious), I have a house that I try to sell, a dog that needs exercise and the hardest part; taking care of my SJ grandfather who lives with us now that my father is away.

Have you been in a similar situation? I just feel like everything is chaotic at the moment, I have so much to do, and so much to remember, I think I'm going insane! Usually I don't do or plan anything. I just drift along, doing whatever I feel like.

I just want to run away and live life, and it hurts me to even want to do that when people need me, except I feel that is exactly what I need right now..

How do you cope in stressful times? Have you experienced something similar? Please help

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I'm sorry dude. My step-dad passed away when I was a child, but I don't think that is necessarily the same because the burden of responsibility obviously wasn't on me. I was more the one being looked after.

Well right now I have serious uni exams/essays on, where I know I need to get a certain mark which I'm feeling very uncertain about- it's literally the most significant life-direction decider I've had and I feel like I'm on the edge. Honestly I'm pretty stressed atm, and I've withdrawn from my social life a lot. My grandfather also passed away a few days ago, which obviously sucks, but the main problem is my mom. She's single now, and doesn't really have much of a support network to deal with her grief, so it definitely feels like I should be stepping up, but I'm so stressed with uni atm that I don't have the emotional strength, or the time, to spare that I normally would have, which I feel terrible about. She's not the strongest person, although she is very resilient, and it must be really tough for her right now.

I'm not comparing my "issues" atm with yours by any means, but I'm just saying I have some slight notion of how you must feel in terms of feeling like things are getting piled on, and how it feels to think "if I could just get away for a bit and recover my mental strength..".

I think, at least for me, it's important to remember that this IS life. Hard times come your way, it's a definite given for 99% of people out there at some point, probably at more than one point and very few people cope perfectly with these situations. I think it's normal to struggle and be stressed, it's just that people hide it. But it's just important to keep going.

Stay strong dude. I know it's a really old school way of thinking, but remember that you are a man and you have a duty of tremendous importance toward your family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts