Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this coming week I have 5 sceduled practices Monday through friday and a tourney Saturday. I've been busy :(

Anyone else get claustrophobic from too many practices? I would prefer like 2 a week but then we probably won't do well in my tourney and if I don't show up I'll get benched. Advice on being more willing to be obligated?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I get this way too, although I really wish I didn't :( Just look at it in a positive light and what the benefits are in the long-run that no one really talks about: you're getting exercise, being on a sports team can open opportunities for you like getting to know other people, becoming close with your team mates, getting a leg-up into college etc. You can bring things with you to your tournaments like schoolwork etc and kill two birds with one stone if you feel like it's taking up too much of your time along with everything else you have on your plate.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,122 Posts
No words of extreme wisdom here, just sympathy. Obligations have a way of making me feel hemmed in. The free bird in this ENFP HATES that.

(((((hugs)))))
Z

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Hmmm...probably has more to do with my enneagram type, but I like obligations. I enjoy having a full schedule with a million things to do. Personal responsibility and the pressure of completing tasks under a set period of time is fun. I couldn't imagine a life without it.

Of course, if you don't like the actual activity you're committed to, it's different.

EDIT: I'm not sure how I can make you feel better about your committments. The only thing I can say is if you have good friends who are also at these obligatory practices, make the most of the time to hang out with them. Tough things come easier when you have friends to laugh it over with afterwards.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I get stressed out HAVING to do anything, but it's good to do it :) you pass the time, you have fun when you're there and there's nothing else to do right? (I find if I'm not doing productive things then I'm just sat around doing very little that's stimulating).

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I played club soccer; I feel your pain. You've got to have tunnel vision. Trust me, the other members of your team are probably feeling the exact same way. Stay focused; eyes on the prize. Push yourself harder than you've pushed yourself before. You've got a tourney coming up--this means war! Tell yourself that you're going to put up a fight like these other teams have never seen before. Have a mindset of "I've gotta put those bitches back in their place!" Shit, son!

*clears throat*

8w7 gut fix anyone? :p

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I have to read through my road code so I can drive again, but I can't be bothered.

At the moment, I'm not working or studying, but my mum makes me do alot of housework... does that count?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm in the same boat, sistah! Sometimes at school people will say "Hey, do want to hang out after school?" and that when it kills me. For the hundredth time, "Sorry, I've got soccer practice..." But then I remember why I give up all those hours.... (here comes the motivational speech) for the beautiful game<3 I become lost in the rhythm of the passes, encouraging my teammates and having a blast:) I would rather practice throw-ins than practice video games (no offence) at my house eating potato chips! If you're having fun, it all pays off!

Good luck at your tourney!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm...probably has more to do with my enneagram type, but I like obligations. I enjoy having a full schedule with a million things to do. Personal responsibility and the pressure of completing tasks under a set period of time is fun. I couldn't imagine a life without it.

Of course, if you don't like the actual activity you're committed to, it's different.

EDIT: I'm not sure how I can make you feel better about your committments. The only thing I can say is if you have good friends who are also at these obligatory practices, make the most of the time to hang out with them. Tough things come easier when you have friends to laugh it over with afterwards.
Thanks haha but ahh my teammates are not exactly that nice sooo yah. But if i can thrive in an invoirnment with a bunch of people i hate I can do anything right? :p ahaha that made me sound really cold... hmm... but yeah

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Well, you can cross ENFP off the list. You definitely aren't one of us.

@MusicBird :O video games > throw ins any day.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Well, you can cross ENFP off the list. You definitely aren't one of us.
An ENFP can't enjoy a goal or two [or twenty, as the case may be]?

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
You show me one that does, and I'll show you a liar :p I'm guessing you're an STJ if those are your functions.
It's certainly possible.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It's certainly possible.
Anything's possible. However, I'm extremely sceptical. I think its much more likely that you're one of the many people who doesn't like the type they fit into fairly well, so you try to rationalize being a different type.

Of course, I know I'm probably reading into it a bit much considering that's all I know about you, but people like that are much more common than industrious ENFP's. That seems to me like TJ behavior.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Anything's possible. However, I'm extremely sceptical. I think its much more likely that you're one of the many people who doesn't like the type they fit into fairly well, so you try to rationalize being a different type.

Of course, I know I'm probably reading into it a bit much considering that's all I know about you, but people like that are much more common than industrious ENFP's. That seems to me like TJ behavior.
Yeah, you're reading too far into it. I'd be happy to be an ESTJ. I'd also be happy to be an ENFP. I'm simply at an impasse about which functions come first for me. Hence the unknown label. Besides, if I was truly dying to fit in, I probably wouldn't stick out so much with my answers.

I tend to hang out in the ENFP forum more because it's more lively, the people are more engaging, and the questions more interesting.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
obligation tends to piss me off. if someone wants to me an explicit agreement where I agree to the terms and fulfill my end of the bargain, that's fine. what is not fine is
- people who force obligation on me out of a sense of "duty" or "because I said so"
- people who add in obligations to a previous agreement without my consent
- people who do a favor for me with the expectation that I will do XYZ for them

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
obligation tends to piss me off. if someone wants to me an explicit agreement where I agree to the terms and fulfill my end of the bargain, that's fine. what is not fine is
- people who force obligation on me out of a sense of "duty" or "because I said so"
- people who add in obligations to a previous agreement without my consent
- people who do a favor for me with the expectation that I will do XYZ for them
Sounds like it's manipulative behavior that pisses you off, not so much obligations. But I have to agree with you on the above.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am so happy you said this.. because right now I'm about to go to work, so stressed and annoyed-_- not because I hate my job, but because I hate the idea of a set out schedule. I love to stay busy and be productive... but when I have a schedule to stick to, I feel suddenly stuck and trapped. Even if I am truly interested and invested in my plans, it becomes a chore the second it becomes a time set in stone. I try and force myself to follow through with it, but c'mon, us ENFP's are freee birds aren't we? ;) anywayss, just make sure you keep time in your week where you have absolutely noo plans and stick to it! That's honestly what keeps me emotionally healthy, is having time where I can do whatever, the possibilities are endless ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts