Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll list the cues, because this makes no sense to me -

I'll scan my environment, and I'll see a few different reactions from a woman looking in my direction. More often than naught, I see a woman with her arms crossed, throwing a glare and a temper (???).

Sometimes I'll see a woman looking right at me. Locking my eyes onto her gets one of two reactions, no reaction, and I keep scanning my environment, or she'll freeze. This is if she is by herself. If she is with one other person, I'll suddenly hear something just out of earshot. He something something, but always muffled. The tone of voice indicates it is negative.

On two occasions, two women would hold back on a reaction. The body language indicated the reaction is positive.

Isolated occasion - A teenager (17) I had familiarity with, was looking in my direction and waiting for a reaction. She didn't get one. Instead I turn around and I see her next to me. Her arms are around me and she spouts about being 18 next year. I'm not interested. She says she isn't interested (???).

Women I have familiarity with, that I see sporadically (how to spell that?) will approach and ask if I remember them (the hell?).

Why is this being displayed? Men do not do this. Men only check if their point is being made.

[Edit] The behavior from women has only started in the last four months. By men and their point I mean their intentions, a nod of the head or a glare.

·
Registered
689 Posts
When you say "Woman you've had familiarity with", do you mean you've engaged in the horizontal Boogaloo with them? Or do you mean you, y'know, just know 'em?

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's funny, I read your post as if you looked at women like the Terminator scans for targets. With the red vision and the cool little dialogue that pops up that gives their intent and possibly course of action.

You ask why do women do the things they do, then generalize the concept that men do not do those things. I think it's because, women are not men~ and perhaps men are not what you think they are either. Try to identify less with their gender and more about what they're telling you as individuals. If you put a blanket perspective on an entire gender you're bound to miss on the subtleties of their way around you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's funny, I read your post as if you looked at women like the Terminator scans for targets. With the red vision and the cool little dialogue that pops up that gives their intent and possibly course of action.

You ask why do women do the things they do, then generalize the concept that men do not do those things. I think it's because, women are not men~ and perhaps men are not what you think they are either. Try to identify less with their gender and more about what they're telling you as individuals. If you put a blanket perspective on an entire gender you're bound to miss on the subtleties of their way around you.
So in other words, when a gender that normally displays consistency (why I generalize a gender in the first place), shows inconsistency, it is an individual thing. And when a member of a gender decides to approach me outside of that gender norm, it is as an individual?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would think being here on the forum dedicated to looking at personalities and the individuals who possess them, you would understand that people are not their gender. That each personality type has both gender types associated with it. Though some may be rarer than others, typing people based on something like that is ridiculous.

ENFP males are very rare for instance, many of the qualities I possess are qualities many women are associated to possess. Some may call me feminine. However doesn't my existence mean that these are also the qualities of a man as well? Should they then also be considered masculine? Are they not 'my' qualities? Am I not male? Does it really matter? Get to know me and find out~ but many, like you, are not looking at that aspect of who I am. They see gender, and what they feel should amount to it.

People aren't going outside of a gender norm~ gender norms are something we arbitrarily assigned things because as this website's existence also shows, is something we like. We like categorizing people and events (look at all the sub-sub genres of music out there), but things are what they are I suppose. I would hope MBTI would help teach that isn't really the case with people in general.

When a woman approaches you, and does something, it's not necessarily because she's a woman. It's because she has had a series of experiences in her life, both personal and impersonal that have lead her to act the way she does. Her family, friends and way of being have made her, what she is. She has a name, a history you cannot see in the brief moment you've acknowledged her existence in this world. I only ask that you should try to look closer.

Reactions: lirulin

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think being here on the forum dedicated to looking at personalities and the individuals who possess them, you would understand that people are not their gender. That each personality type has both gender types associated with it. Though some may be rarer than others, typing people based on something like that is ridiculous.

ENFP males are very rare for instance, many of the qualities I possess are qualities many women are associated to possess. Some may call me feminine. However doesn't my existence mean that these are also the qualities of a man as well? Should they then also be considered masculine? Are they not 'my' qualities? Am I not male? Does it really matter? Get to know me and find out~ but many, like you, are not looking at that aspect of who I am. They see gender, and what they feel should amount to it.

People aren't going outside of a gender norm~ gender norms are something we arbitrarily assigned things because as this website's existence also shows, is something we like. We like categorizing people and events (look at all the sub-sub genres of music out there), but things are what they are I suppose. I would hope MBTI would help teach that isn't really the case with people in general.

When a woman approaches you, and does something, it's not necessarily because she's a woman. It's because she has had a series of experiences in her life, both personal and impersonal that have lead her to act the way she does. Her family, friends and way of being have made her, what she is. She has a name, a history you cannot see in the brief moment you've acknowledged her existence in this world. I only ask that you should try to look closer.
So in other words, I am being addressed as an individual rather than someone that is background noise?

[Edit] The person also acknowledging my existance is what I would otherwise see as background noise were a human acting out as an individual?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.