Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://beheco.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/2/456.full

Basically, it's a semi-freudian hypothesis that some women prefer "promiscuous men" because genetically speaking, the chances of their son mating is higher than if the guy wasn't a bigolo gigolo.

I... REALLY don't want to believe this, but like I said, recently found out research, I still have to read all of it.

And then read the references..
And then read those references..
This is gonna take a while for me, but discussions about this would make it faster for me.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sounds like bullshit but I guess if the evidence is there... This is rather awkward.

Reactions: Somniorum

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've read one or two other studies that state that many women will be more attracted to men that appear to be desired by other women. I think it comes down to a mentality of *If other women want that man, then he must be better than others, so I want him too*

It appears that some women may be wired for sexual competition like this.

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
http://beheco.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/2/456.full

Basically, it's a semi-freudian hypothesis that some women prefer "promiscuous men" because genetically speaking, the chances of their son mating is higher than if the guy wasn't a bigolo gigolo.

I... REALLY don't want to believe this, but like I said, recently found out research, I still have to read all of it.

And then read the references..
And then read those references..
This is gonna take a while for me, but discussions about this would make it faster for me.
There is nothing to 'believe', the studies discussed are interesting, but merely speculative/hypothetical.

The article is basically a narrative review discussing a hypothesis. The conclusion is basically "there is very little evidence, but the hypothesis is interesting, so we encourage others to investigate it".

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is nothing to 'believe', the studies discussed are interesting, but merely speculative/hypothetical.

The article is basically a narrative review discussing a hypothesis. The conclusion is basically "there is very little evidence, but the hypothesis is interesting, so we encourage others to investigate it".
Soooo
Did you read the post/theproceeding posts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts