Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone aware of this Freudian theory?

Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother Kill the father fuck the mother

kill all those things in yourself which are instilled in you and are not of yourself, they are alien concepts which are not yours, they must die. Fuck the mother is very basic, and it means get back to essence, what is reality, what is, fuck the mother is very basically mother, mother-birth, real, you can touch it, it's nature, it can't lie to you. kill the alien concepts, get back reality, the end of alien concepts, the beginning of personal concepts

What do you think;
Oedipus complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I can appreciate Freud for his contribution to the field of psychology, but I think that most-- if not all-- of his ideas were complete and utter bunk and more than likely a reflection of himself rather than an insight into humanity.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Know of? Yes.

Give credit to? Only to the extent that if you're looking to prove a point, then you will only see the results that prove the point you're looking for.

Everyone has a love/hate relationship with their parents. If you're only looking for the bad in your father then you will only see the bad shit he does and therefore will only have a negative relationship with him.

And knowing of the complex only compounds the feelings in the end. Then the son or daughter will fixate on the complex and create a tunnel to see through.

Don’t get me wrong though. I enjoy learning and theorizing as much as anyone else, and Freud sure gave the world a lot to think on.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I was adopted from Mexico and I have a strange fear that when I go back there I will hook up with an older lady and then realize it's my actual birth mother. FAIL!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can appreciate Freud for his contribution to the field of psychology, but I think that most-- if not all-- of his ideas were complete and utter bunk and more than likely a reflection of himself rather than an insight into humanity.
I've always thought that too!! His theories make me roll my eyes more often than not, especially since, as such an accomplished psychologist, he might have considered that he was projecting an awful lot.

·
Banned
4,187 Posts
Of course -- the penis is the ultimate transcendental signifier :p *sniggers*

Personally, I find Freud's theory on The Uncanny to be most fascinating (and probably among the most relevant) in his 'oeuvre'. Imo, it pretty much informs many 'gothic' and 'ghost' stories we might be familiar with today.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I can see some relative truth in Frued's theories.
Maybe, if not then at least some humorous connections.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Voloshinov, Freudianism: A Critical Sketch.

I howled with laughter from start to finish. The "absolutely, right on, preach it brother" kind of laughter.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oedipus and Penis Envy- all the evidence you need that whilst Freud revolutionised our approach to the human mind, a large portion of his ideas were utter codswallop.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I've heard that Oedipus was the first motherfucker but I've never understood the Oedipus complex, just doesn't compute in my head. Probably rare.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts