Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking a lot about psychics lately, which is probably due to a marathon of watching Ghost Hunters, but it came across me that the arch-typical psychic for whatever reason seems to me to be a well reserved emotionally in-tune individual... anyone else notice this?

Any fellow INFP ever get the feeling they have/had psychic powers or have had bizarre occurrences? Or even susceptible to de javu?

As for my own experience, when I was a child (around five or six) I would occasionally dream of some redundant scene in which I'd casually walk into my class or have some sort of off hand conduct during the day only to have it realize at the appropriate time... weird... used to make me think I've already lived my life as a kid once over..

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I've had some incredibly bizarre experiences yes, but I'm on the fence with the whole 'psychic' thing. I put most of my stock in science - if such things exist, it's surely only a matter of time before we have proof :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think it's possible "psychic" power exists in some shape or form, but not necessarily in the form we think it does. If they ever did prove it then I think it will differ on deeper levels than what we thought it did. The image that comes to mind is perhaps someone showing modern electricity or technology to the Middle Ages, with them believing the electricity is actually magic.

But as for me, I dare not say. I think its easy to make a lucky guess and declare myself a psychic though even though I would avoid doing so out of risk of being a sheer fraud or charlatan. I don't think I ever have used any psychic powers or what not, if I did my brain probably wouldn't care to remember.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
I tend get déjà vu from time to time. It can happen when I'm awake, or it can happen in my dreams. I dream about the same places a lot, and it always gives me a feeling of nostalgia, like "I've been here before, but I don't remember under what circumstances." I hope that made sense.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I get déjà vu all the time, but i don't really think much of it. I don't believe or disbelieve in psychics, per se, but I do (dis)believe in individual people having "abilities." Like... most people calling themselves psychics really aren't, but there are a few who have ESP-like powers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Because i am an infp,i am intuitive and get feelings like i just know the situation. For instance, i might get the notion that a certian person has not so good intentions and i just know to get out of there. Maybe it is just becuase we know ourselves well enough to know others. Call it Psychic if you will. I personaly believe we are just intuitive and get those gutt feelings. But i do also try to send messages without speeking or eyecontact.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
19 Posts
its kind of strange because i would think people of the same personality types would get bored with eachother... because we all have a general idea of how eachother thinks. Then again we are all at different levels.

NFPI

Introverted (I) 53.33% Extroverted (E) 46.67%
Intuitive (N) 63.64% Sensing (S) 36.36%
Feeling (F) 58.06% Thinking (T) 41.94%
Perceiving (P) 56.67% Judging (J) 43.33%

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
THere are some days and times when I fully believe in just about everything supernatural, and then there are other days and times when I'm skeptical and tell myself to take everything with a grain of salt. I know that some of it is that my job has forced me to question a lot of my previously held beliefs, especially as far as having a connection or communicating with something that our five sense cannot confirm (nor technically deny). My first instinct now is not, "oh, that's cool," as it once was, but is now, "hrm... possibly auditory/visual hallucinations." It's actually quite distressing for me if I think about that too much.

As for what I have experienced first hand, I've had deja vu on several occasions that was strong enough for me to quote someone as they're speaking. Other times I've had strong gut feelings or reactions that I have followed which I later discovered helped me to avoid an unpleasant accident or event, or even to make certain life decisions that in the long run have been beneficial. I've had dreams that were strangely prophetic, and those actually give me the heebie jeebies to be honest because they're the ones I can't explain away as easily as the other things.

One thing to note is that INFs are considered the most "psychic" but INFJs are considered to have even more natural tendencies towards being psychic than even INFPs due to Ni - essentially intuition without a filter at all. However, when INFPs do have a psychic sense, they tend to have a greater talent and capacity for understanding what it is that they "know" due to Fi helping them to find the important things to piece together from Ne.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I get deja vu a lot. I've come to think of it like a corrupt file on a computer. I'm constantly associating things and remembering experiences, and I feel like deja vu is a corrupted memory or something where my brain tries to access it and then can't fully remember it all.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I get deja vus quite frequently, especially when I was younger. When I was a kid I was really into paranormal stuff and I believed that everyone could see the future while they were dreaming and that's why we have deja vus.

While growing up, however, I've become really uneasy with the idea of fate and my future having been already written for me so I don't really believe in that theory anymore.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not a psychic but I have had my share of deja vu moments. Sometimes I think it would be cool to have some kind of psychic ability. I wonder if it's something that can be learned or you have to be born with? Or maybe we all have psychic abilities but just not aware and just don't how to utilize this power to its full potential? :mellow:

Reactions: tabbee

·
Registered
116 Posts
Because i am an infp,i am intuitive and get feelings like i just know the situation. For instance, i might get the notion that a certian person has not so good intentions and i just know to get out of there. Maybe it is just becuase we know ourselves well enough to know others. Call it Psychic if you will. I personaly believe we are just intuitive and get those gutt feelings. But i do also try to send messages without speeking or eyecontact.
Posted via Mobile Device
^ exactly all that.
ive said before, ive got great discernment and i tend to be visual so i just feel i "know" things but i dont ever tell myself its psychic abilities. im not sure if i believe in that or not. i mean, ive seen things and heard things and what some people call facts but im not sure if its 'right'.

other than that, i totally agree with everything the person i quoted said, even trying to send messages w/out speaking or eye contact.

i think us INFPs have a lot of common "secrets" than we think. for instance, do some of you feel like you're "special" or sent here for a certain mission (something along the lines)
sometimes i wonder if im crazy.

Reactions: faeriegal713

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not going to lie, when someone tells me they've had "experiences," my first reaction is "You're full of shit." I'm just really skeptical. I mean, of course I experience deja vu now and then, but don't most people? The brain is a complicated organ! I am forever a skeptic. And honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that most of you guys so far are as well. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
^^ harry potter!
Hufflepuff here!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I have mock-psychic tendencies/abilities.

When I say mock, I mean they mimic similarities of perceived psychic powers, but I certainly wouldn't call it psychic. Especially since it does its own thing, it isn't consistent.

I think anyone can have the potential of being very sensitive to things and having unique experiences, but perhaps some of us are more prone to it naturally.

Perhaps I just notice things other people take for granted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I have... dare I say it... premonition-type things. I've dreamed up or thought of things before they've happened, many times.

But then again, they could very well just be coincidences. The human brain is hardwired to find coincidences and gather up evidence to support our beliefs, consciously or not, while ignoring or rejecting information that goes against these beliefs.

So... who knows?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Deja vu, yes. I've had moments of "extended" deja vu where I'll notice something happening is familiar, and know how it will unfold for the next minute or so. Scary as fuck. Now if only I could will it on command...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts