Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the sixteen personality types, which do you find most difficult to deal with? And which personality type would you say is the most opposite of INTJ???? Can you tell a person's personality just by looking at their dressing style / body language?

Do you try to avoid people that you find hard to communicate with?

·
Banned
235 Posts
Of the sixteen personality types, which do you find most difficult to deal with? And which personality type would you say is the most opposite of INTJ???? Can you tell a person's personality just by looking at their dressing style / body language?

the hardest to deal with..hmm.... INTJs are quite mindboggling to begin with. we are distant, not readily willing to share emotions, opinionated to the point of death, we take no prisoners (ONLY JUSTICE WILL SERVE), and we simply dont care who likes us or who hates us. we are our own people. we do not conform, we are who we want to be. and i love it. INTJs are my favorite.

about being able to determine a person's personality type by just looking at their dressing style? no.
body language? maybe, but only to a certain degree.

i am a person that likes to observe people. i watch people and how they present themselves, and how they interact with others. normally i can determine if someone is an I or an E. but thats pretty simple. if they are an N, they are usually not in tune with other people's feeling as well as an S may be. if a person is a T, they tell u what they think, and they stick to it unless PROVEN otherwise. and if a person is a J, they like order, organization and think sequentially. They like to have things planned and settled. Judging people seek closure.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ESXJ and ESTP. I just don't get them and they usually end up annoying me. So i do avoid them. I try not to be rude to them either.
One of my students is ESFX and i just don't get him at all. It took me a month of working with him every day before i could begin to tolerate him. It isn't his fault, i just can't understand his way of being.
Some INTJs annoy me as well but i think because i expect them to be more like me or because of the occasional one that thinks they are holier than thou.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Probably ESFJ though I usually run screaming so it's hard to tell. ISFJ is also bad, but then again, that was my abusive mother's type. Bias perhaps. INFJ and ENFJ have been the worst "friends" and there is just something viscerally incompatible with the way I and they communicate for the most part. FJ. Basically. For me F is the strongest letter, so the biggest difference, and J means that we're both stubborn about it.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
ESFJ. I avoid contact with ESFPs as much as humanly possible and therefore I have no difficultiies with them.
Wow, same.

I think every other type has potential to be great people, but these types in my experience (of course I'm open to change my opinion if I meet one I get along with, which I have but only once or twice. And they were fricken adorable) don't like self growth because they usually get everything they want through their social skills etc.and with unhealthy ones, they get everything they want through manipulation.

I also didn't get along with an ESTJ before and was prejudiced if I thought someone was one, but then I met the nicest yet most sarcastic, hilarious bitch and I've changed my mind. So maybe I'll stop being so prejudiced and see every type has potential to be excellent people just reached in different ways to make a diversity of different excellent people.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you prepare yourself mentally when you have to talk to someone you can't stand????? What's the usual approach and outcome?

·
Banned
301 Posts
ESFJ, ESFP. and ISFP I have found so far to be my most annoying to deal with. My god the misinterpretations! I say one thing with a specific meaning, they take it in, completely shred the intentional meaning, and develop their own, which usually ends up with them going berserk over me. Every time I'm trying to be helpful, they take it so offensively, despite the fact they're the ones who asked me for help in the first place. Most confusing group of people ever.

There was a moment a friend of mine was asking me for advice for a friendship problem and I listened well and provided a solution. Instead of a thanks or whatever, I get a massive unleash of fury upon me about how I wasn't listening and why she even bothered to talk to me. AUGH!!

How do I deal with them? I have a speed dial to my ENFP friends, labeled on my phone as "In case of Emergency"

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Seems like there's a bit of a consensus here.

Of the sixteen personality types, which do you find most difficult to deal with? And which personality type would you say is the most opposite of INTJ????
I find ESFJs the most difficult to deal with. I would say that ESFJs and ESFPs are the essential opposites of INTJs.

Can you tell a person's personality just by looking at their dressing style / body language?
On a basic level, yes. Since people are so complex, however, and with the hovering chance that they might be pretending, I try not to pre-judge as much as possible.

Yes. I don't tend to like people who I have trouble communicating with, and if I do, I directly address the issue with them, so that there isn't as much trouble in the future.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My sister is an ESFJ. Although I do love her, her personality type makes the weekends that I spend with her very, very long. Mostly I just try to stay out of her way because I have learned that INTJ + ESFJ = INTJ explosion.

However, INTPs who are too strong in the 'P' area and too low on conscientiousness have the ability to drive me crazy. They just drag on and on with little comprehension of the consequences that their indecision and procrastination have on others. Yet they are so intelligent I cannot help but admire them even in my frustration. (Which makes me ironically more puzzled and frustrated.)

·
Administrator
22,344 Posts
I guess the types who have irritated me the most are ESFP but my best friend is one too and she doesn't annoy me at all (we have a very good understanding of each other) I have an acquaintance who is ESTJ and I have wanted to de-throat her on occasions as she is so loud and bossy. A couple of ESTPs set my teeth on edge for the simple fact they fly in and fly out before you get a chance to logically understand how full of shit they can be and get me wrong each and every time. I am not even sure if it's the types of just the individuals though. It seems that there are many if you were to catch at a moment and try and understand what the hell they are on about that it may just be my intolerance and lack of social skills that hinders the relationships? Maybe they have more to offer than what I give them credit for. With that said I really just don't care about the masses.:crazy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
ESFP - my sister is one & we are complete opposites. I find her horribly frustrating, not least because she is utterly unable to participate in (what I would call) a rational conversation - not that she's stupid. I work peripherally with another ESFP who makes my sister look like an NT by comparison, though - this one's S function is way too strong, resulting in a paranoid personality who is constantly raging about how everyone is conspiring against her, takes even the simplest and most objective statement/comment and turns it into a veiled personal attack, etc, etc. I'm not sure I've ever had dealings with an ESFJ (I'm still new new to MBTI), so maybe I will find them even more delightful?

·
Registered
220 Posts
EEEEeeeeek *covers ears like shreeking or scrape on chalkboard* I truly empathize with the whole ESFJ situation. I had one that took it upon himself to start policing my social networking site wall. He started prejudging, reading into, and PUBLICIZING externally, for all to see, every little private thing that I may or may NOT have done, since it was all up to his misinterpretation of things. I had to delete him. Ugh.

What is it about ESFJ?

ESFJ, ESFP. and ISFP I have found so far to be my most annoying to deal with. My god the misinterpretations! I say one thing with a specific meaning, they take it in, completely shred the intentional meaning, and develop their own, which usually ends up with them going berserk over me. Every time I'm trying to be helpful, they take it so offensively, despite the fact they're the ones who asked me for help in the first place. Most confusing group of people ever.

There was a moment a friend of mine was asking me for advice for a friendship problem and I listened well and provided a solution. Instead of a thanks or whatever, I get a massive unleash of fury upon me about how I wasn't listening and why she even bothered to talk to me. AUGH!!

How do I deal with them? I have a speed dial to my ENFP friends, labeled on my phone as "In case of Emergency"
:confused:
I too, have ENFP friends to deal with for emergency situations. One is on call for me when I am in trouble. Had to call her when thing went south with this one ESFJ! I was practically horrified and in tears but my thinking side contradicted my feeling side and did not allow much to happen. I still needed to talk to ENFP for the longest and it felt the most urgent. I also vented to the ENFP about 2 INTJs. I often refer to the ENFP for help with a confusing ISTP who sends mixed signals all the time. I think it is really an INTJ in disguise.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ESTJs piss me off. Or at least the ones that I know personally. They pretend to know oh-so-much, and go out of their way to pretend to be someone they aren't in order to gain popularity. Their humor? Unoriginal, and mocking of others. They are very opinionated as well.

I am not stereotyping, simply stating why people who I know, who have been labeled as such, have annoyed me beyond belief. I just want to stab bananas into their eyes and stuff oranges up their noses.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts