Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever contributed your DNA, in any way, shape or form to contribute to clinical trials, genetic research, or other medical pursuits?

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l was once going to do a week long trial for a sleep lab, l knew someone who did different trials for a few years and made a small fortune.

The compensation would have been 5-8K, but l was disqualified because of minor pre-existing conditions(something as ordinary as an ADHD diagnosis can be a major strike). Sometimes even being left-handed.

Reactions: Ista and Azure_Sky

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
Hah, yeah, when I was 17 I got done for petty vandalism and had to give a swab of saliva as DNA to see if I might be matched to any previous serious crimes in the area. Of course nothing came up. It's supposed to have been wiped off the record after five years, but come on, this is the government we're talking about here. My DNA will be on their database till the end of time. So yes, I have contributed my DNA, albeit not to the greatest of human pursuits!

Also I'm on the organ donor list. I filled a form and ticked all the boxes. When I die, they're having everything.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
I donated blood / plasma... Does that count?

However, I am not on the organ donor list.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I was just telling someone a few days ago that when I hit 80 or so, I want to give myself up to science as a "live experiment." They could do tests up to and including killing me in order to discover things about the death process.

I may change my mind in a few decades, though...

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
^ You'll change your mind.

Other than the donor's list, I got nothing. I never even gave blood because needles and I have a bad history. :bored:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts