Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun...watching this now at 5 in the morning and haven't seen it since before I started studying typology. Cute little movie, all three main characters are IxTx types working in the IT industry, which I thought was cute.

Peter: INTP ("I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it would be.")

Michael Bolton: INTJ (very misfit, angry INTJ with a lot of inferior Se anger)

Samir: ISTP (radiates quiet coolness and obviously pays more attention to appearances than others, but in a more direct Se way than you get from other IT types)

Laurence: ESFP ("two chicks at the same time!")

Anne (the ex-girlfriend): ENFJ

Lumbergh: ESTJ (poor ESTJs always get stereotyped into Bill Lumbergh in TV/movies lol)

Joanna (Jennifer Aniston): INFP ("Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.")

Milton: ISTJ!! He is adamant about nothing interrupting his routine (Si+Te), he cites company policy to show why he doesn't need to turn down his music (Te), he is deeply offended when they move his desk (Fi) because he can no longer look out the window at the scenery he'd grown accustomed to (Si) and so he took out his anger on the whole building in a flash of wild impulse to force something new to happen (Ne) by burning the building down.

Tom (annoying dude who crashed his car into the garage): ESFJ ("I am GOOD at dealing with people! Can't you understand that?! What the hell is wrong with you people?!")

The Bobs (consultants who think Peter is upper management material): Both seem to be ENFPs or something similar...reward Peter's do-nothing Ne attitude because they appreciate his perspective, which flies in the face of Lumbergh's STJ perspective.)

Good times. INTP+ISTP+INTJ friend group dynamic is amusing.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Just wanted to pop in and say you're mostly right, I think. :proud: Oh, and I love this movie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts