1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
498 Posts
The way I answered those 6 questions (particularly the first 4) completely depends on if I'm working with a team or not. All 6, I answered in the Never to Sometimes areas depending on the situation.

If I'm working with a team for work, or a friend on a home project, then I'm extremely organized and focused. This comes from my need for making sure stuff gets done correctly and doesn't make me look bad. Growing up, I often pulled a lot of the weight in group projects at school because 1) Everyone else sucked and didn't care if things were in on time or well written or aesthetically pleasing and 2) I enjoyed the praise for getting things together and on time. Still holds true in the working world ;D
If I'm working alone... ehhhhhh I'll probably get bored and start putting things off. I chalk it up to laziness and boredom, not ADHD.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Interesting how for the first 3 questions, there are stricter standards of answering to avoid an ADHD diagnosis. Coincidentally those are the most SJ-type tasks of all 6...

Needless to say, I failed the test. But then I've had medically diagnosed ADHD since I was 4.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The way I answered those 6 questions (particularly the first 4) completely depends on if I'm working with a team or not. All 6, I answered in the Never to Sometimes areas depending on the situation.

If I'm working with a team for work, or a friend on a home project, then I'm extremely organized and focused. This comes from my need for making sure stuff gets done correctly and doesn't make me look bad. Growing up, I often pulled a lot of the weight in group projects at school because 1) Everyone else sucked and didn't care if things were in on time or well written or aesthetically pleasing and 2) I enjoyed the praise for getting things together and on time. Still holds true in the working world ;D
If I'm working alone... ehhhhhh I'll probably get bored and start putting things off. I chalk it up to laziness and boredom, not ADHD.
Well, I work quite a lot alone and then I can be ADHD according to this test. But as you say, when others depend on me I can be super-organized. I just feel that ADHD-symptoms is the backside of a lot of good ENTP stuff. And I wonder how many "healthy" ENTPs who get slapped with this diagnosis....

As always, where is the border where "normal" passes to "abnormal enough to be a disease"....

Well, well....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting how for the first 3 questions, there are stricter standards of answering to avoid an ADHD diagnosis. Coincidentally those are the most SJ-type tasks of all 6...

Needless to say, I failed the test. But then I've had medically diagnosed ADHD since I was 4.
Still you have written a book. How many SJs can boast this?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Still you have written a book. How many SJs can boast this?
Well right now, I'm trying to patent an idea of mine, and taking on about 5 other huge projects at the same time. We'll see if I actually go through with the whole ordeal. :p It'll be worth it though, especially since I'm confident that people will find it quite useful.

Oh, and I also found out I just overdrafted my account...AGAIN. Ironically by buying stuff to invest in my goals. How many SJs are pathologically this bad at keeping careful track of spending? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well right now, I'm trying to patent an idea of mine, and taking on about 5 other huge projects at the same time. We'll see if I actually go through with the whole ordeal. :p It'll be worth it though, especially since I'm confident that people will find it quite useful.

Oh, and I also found out I just overdrafted my account...AGAIN. Ironically by buying stuff to invest in my goals. How many SJs are pathologically this bad at keeping careful track of spending? :crazy:
I have tried to patent several ideas.... Some I didnt patent since I foresaw the end of the ideas useability due to outer circumstance..... others because of too much tech details that had to be worked out.... and then others that cant be patented but still used as corporate secrets....

Keep me posted about it!

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
... and taking on about 5 other huge projects at the same time. We'll see if I actually go through with the whole ordeal. :p
...I did this a lot some 10 years ago. Until all projects crashed at the same time. Ok, it wasnt all my fault but I was spread too thin, and too little focus. Focus is the key, no matter how hard. And discipline to follow through....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Although I correlate from this 6-question exam to have Adult ADHD, I have never been diagnosed for it, and on another one of these, I scored "borderline ADHD", so it's usally 50/50 for me. It's no surprise the reason I took the latter mentioned test is because my SJ boss suggested it....

I have an overall calm nature, but I do have my moments and habits that would suggest I have ADHD. To me, there's just not enough consistency for me to be evaluated.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have tried to patent several ideas.... Some I didnt patent since I foresaw the end of the ideas useability due to outer circumstance..... others because of too much tech details that had to be worked out.... and then others that cant be patented but still used as corporate secrets....

Keep me posted about it!
Awesome. :) What kind of stuff did you successfully patent?

My main idea is VERY low-tech and there aren't any hazards whatsoever, so hopefully it should make for less hoops to jump through.

·
Registered
749 Posts
PISS! I answered four in the shaded area!

Medicate me! OM NOM NOM NOM :V

Okay,

How often do I have trouble wrapping up the final details of a project after the difficult parts have been done? I said sometimes which gave me an ADHD shade. Okay, so being conscientious about wanting something you put a lot of hard work into is considered ADHD?? Okay then. I think a more apt question would be: how often can you even get to the point were you worry about finishing details, ie, are you capable of even finishing something? And to answer that, I get shit done that no one else can do in much speedier fashion because I constantly fidget and feel driving by a motor, which I guess makes me ADHD. Why the eff would I wanna take pills to stop that?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome. :) What kind of stuff did you successfully patent?

My main idea is VERY low-tech and there aren't any hazards whatsoever, so hopefully it should make for less hoops to jump through.
Honestly: NONE. But I COULD have patented them. First (here in Sweden) you make a quick research to see if the idea is valid, and what other patents there might be that can be infringed. Then you continue patenting it, OR use other ways of realizing them. Patenting is but one, mainly fitting for technical solutions.

Many ideas of mine will not follow the guidelines necessary for a patent (not as slack as in US). Others will be BETTER OFF as a corporate secret since patents are official documents that competitors can read.

One was a material research thing that was very doable but I lost interest in the research (recognize this?).

Another one was a bit strange: I got a project underway and even help from an official, government supported innov. organization. But they gave me a mentor/consultant that would help me out with electronics. And then this guy suddenly says: I m actually doing my own similar thing. And the contact who recommended this guy suddenly tells me to drop it, since the other guy has a head start. If I werent such a trusting, easily put off guy w a thousand other ideas I would be quite suspicious....:)

EDIT: I read somewhere that some 90+ % of patents just die and are never used.....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PISS! I answered four in the shaded area!

Medicate me! OM NOM NOM NOM :V

Okay,

How often do I have trouble wrapping up the final details of a project after the difficult parts have been done? I said sometimes which gave me an ADHD shade. Okay, so being conscientious about wanting something you put a lot of hard work into is considered ADHD?? Okay then. I think a more apt question would be: how often can you even get to the point were you worry about finishing details, ie, are you capable of even finishing something? And to answer that, I get shit done that no one else can do in much speedier fashion because I constantly fidget and feel driving by a motor, which I guess makes me ADHD. Why the eff would I wanna take pills to stop that?
To be honest, I think that we ENTPs do FEEL this as a problem, that we dont follow through. And that a SJ would answer "no" in that column. BUT, the SJs I know of have perhaps one idea (that I might find quite unimaginative and dull) BUT use the normal SJ way of focusing on this and following through to some end.

For me, I have perhaps 30 projects or ideas at the same time, and need to work on all. Needless to say, I wont be able to, and might spread too thin as well. And so i think myself worthless since I only got ONE or TWO projects underfoot (3-5%). Whilst the SJs think they are great when they get their ONE (100%) going!

Perception is key....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I know I have ADHD, but the diagnosis was years ago and I didn't receive any treatment or diagnosis for it. I'm getting myself rediagnosed and putting myself on meds.

Reactions: ENTPreneur

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know I have ADHD, but the diagnosis was years ago and I didn't receive any treatment or diagnosis for it. I'm getting myself rediagnosed and putting myself on meds.
Interesting. Many had the theory that it was a xNxP-thing.... You are J though... And also: Arent many ESTPs quite ADHD?

Perhaps it has to do with how perceptive we are (sensory)... and how INTERESTED we are in what we do. If not that focused (keeping up our filters through concentration on the matter at hand) we can perhaps easily be distracted by whathappens around us? And then our cognitives go from there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 100% ADHD according to this test. Screw the drugs, I learned to use it to my advantage. My fascination for shiny objects and being easily distracted has helped me spot problems at work, therefore helping me save the world. As soon as something changes in my surroundings I notice it faster than those around me. I think that's how the ENTP personality works - we take in our surroundings as extroverts to such an extreme that it's difficult to focus on just one thing at a time... and that's why our heads are crammed with so much stuff at once. I don't really think I'm ADHD, I just think too quickly and too much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts