Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a sign up to a music game known as Walrus! In this game, you can submit a song for each category we ask for. There will be at least 10 slots which you will compete against. Each song will be scored anonymously and 1-2 categories will be reveal a night to reveal the scores for everyone who subbed a song.

You will need a discord or to sign up on mafia universe to play this game.
This game will be hosted by me and @Fable Wolf

The Categories

1. A song from the year 1997
This was a great year for music and also the year I was born! A song that perfectly exemplifies this year of music and has a good melody would be ideal - Bunny

2.Spooky
Let's do a round of scary songs. Can be spooky in sound or have spooky lyrics describing a monster/ghost or creepy subject matter.

3.Aquarium
Send something that makes us feel like we're swimming with the fishes. Aquariums are usually pretty chill so keep that mind as if it sounds like we're being circled by sharks or in the middle of a hurricane in the atlantic it might not score so well.

4.TV Intro
Send us your favorite TV theme song.

5.Instrumental
No lyrics for this cat just let the instruments do all the work.

6.Story
Give us something that tells a story, some sort of narrative for us to follow. Songs with repetitious lyrics will do poorly here.

7.Space
We've sent time in the sea now we're going up to space among the stars. This cat is pretty open send in something that feels like we're going on an adventurous space voyage or something that gives off an otherwordly sci-fi vibe.

8.Winter
Heading back to earth in the dead of winter. Something slower tempo or anything about winter or subjects matter relating to winter (snow, the holidays, wolves). Bunny is gonna tell you to not do the last example there but do it anyway.

9.The Chase
Pretend you've been framed for something and the police are after you or you make some mob deal that went badly and now they're after you. Give us your best chase music while you make your great escape.

10.Video game OST
"Submit something from a video game" - Fable​

Our preferences
10/10: Most genres of metal, particularity symphonic and melodic death types, orchestra, shoegaze metal and rock, any folk genre, progressive metal, choirs/singing, power metal, black metal.
You're probably good:) : Progressive rock, alternative rock, lofi hip hop and jazz, classic rock, ambience, stoner rock, sludge metal, black metal, gospel, classic pop and ballads, dream pop, synth pop, 80s, synthwave
Hit or miss: Blues rock, hip hop, electronic, experimental, industrial, midwest, punk rock, stoner rock/metal, grunge rock, psychedelic pop, indie rock and pop, trip pop, vaporwave
Good luck: Classic jazz, blues, punk rock, emo, psychedelic rock, early 00s, glam rock
Gtfo: R&B, popular music, funk, reggae, country, trance, rap, soul, dubstep, acid pop/rap.

To sign up, send your songs for each cat in the following format:
[Category number] [youtube video or url]
Please don't write the song titles as we need to rank the songs anonymously :) You can PM me or send me a message on discord, which is Wisty#2163.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
how the fuck do i sign up

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Sorry, I've been up til ass o-clock trying to find songs I know for all the categories that fit your tastes and it ain't working. Thanks for the invitation, though. I could recommend you music all day and night otherwise, I got hipster melodeath for days.

Reactions: Wisteria

·
Registered
15,561 Posts

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Oh i forgot about that xD You have plenty of time, it won't be until about December 8th.
Oh that long? I'll keep an eye out in my music library then and send you some dank-ass tunes if I can get all the categories.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh that long? I'll keep an eye out in my music library then and send you some dank-ass tunes if I can get all the categories.
Yes lol you have plenty of time. I'm sure you will :)

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Jaungle Bell Rock @Hælendleof Loc
& anyone else who might be interested

Since you posted interest just a reminder that the deadline for subs is 7th December.
We are not too bothered by how you format the subs, as i was told it's not actually anonymous. That was my bad!

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts

Since you posted interest just a reminder that the deadline for subs is 7th December.
We are not too bothered by how you format the subs, as i was told it's not actually anonymous. That was my bad!
Aaahhhhh I haven't been on my computer much to keep an eye out for music

Okay, I'll be on the computer all of tomorrow so I'll scour my library, but it's really, really hard man. Like, REALLY hard. I might have to take some liberties. Is it more important for it to fit the category or for you to like the song? :tongue:

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aaahhhhh I haven't been on my computer much to keep an eye out for music

Okay, I'll be on the computer all of tomorrow so I'll scour my library, but it's really, really hard man. Like, REALLY hard. I might have to take some liberties. Is it more important for it to fit the category or for you to like the song? :tongue:
I think most people choose what they personally think fits the category, like if there's a song that comes into mind when you think of the theme given.

I would recommend that people use the genres we rated as a loose guideline but there's no need to strictly follow it. Any genre can potentially work unless it's country because Fable despises it lol. Your music taste is already similar to ours though and our game is very metal friendly, so the genres are not something you need to worry about tbh :) Most people seem to sub songs they personally like.

As for fitting the cat, we've used song examples for each. I should have linked the official thread for our game earlier whoops
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/24500-Bunny-and-Fable-Walrus

·
Registered
15,561 Posts

thank you! I'll see if i can get it done by then, I've been quite busy though. Hope the game goes well!

Reactions: Wisteria

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
Yo @Bad Bunny, when you say you don't like trance/dubstep are you using them as an umbrella term for electronic music in general? Since you didn't mention other genres in the other bits I haven't been sure what's okay to chuck into the pile.

Edit: Ignore that, I'm good to go.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yo @Bad Bunny, when you say you don't like trance/dubstep are you using them as an umbrella term for electronic music in general? Since you didn't mention other genres in the other bits I haven't been sure what's okay to chuck into the pile.

Edit: Ignore that, I'm good to go.
Nope definitely not an umbrella term for electronic in general!

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
@Bad Bunny

i'm sorry but i will not be able to participate, thank you for informing me about this game though.

i would love to see the results of it though, would i be able to see the game even if i don't play?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts