Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies,

where is the boundary between appreciating sensuality of the female body and ogling, or dehumanizing sexist gaze?
what do you think when a man is ogling you?

·
Registered
ISFJ
145 Posts
Don't stare. Glancing is reasonable just make sure she can't see you. I've come in contact with too many men who are never discreet and just disrespectful and make my skin crawl.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sometimes I can't control my eyes. For real. But I'm much better at it than I used to be. And then sometimes I'm not even really thinking about a woman in that way and I can just tell she's automatically assuming the worst, like if I'm looking at her shirt. Or for that matter if I'm essentially looking at nothing , but my eyes just happen to be pointing at her. I remember once I was at a Brewers game and this woman walked in front of me. Completely by accident a certain shall we say "part" of me brushed against her bum. She was seated kinda behind me, and she had her kid throw a cup or something at me, and she also was clearly going out of her way not to walk in front of me again. I find this kind of stuff rather annoying...…...the assumptions. Or even if a woman is correct about me "checking her out", sometimes it can be rather difficult not to. All this kind of stuff makes me feel a bit paranoid and causes for me kinda a constricted and oppressed environment. But luckily I don't always worry about it completely because I know I can't really control what women think, so its not necessarily my fault.

·
Registered
ISFJ
145 Posts
Sometimes I can't control my eyes. For real. But I'm much better at it than I used to be. And then sometimes I'm not even really thinking about a woman in that way and I can just tell she's automatically assuming the worst, like if I'm looking at her shirt. Or for that matter if I'm essentially looking at nothing , but my eyes just happen to be pointing at her. I remember once I was at a Brewers game and this woman walked in front of me. Completely by accident a certain shall we say "part" of me brushed against her bum. She was seated kinda behind me, and she had her kid throw a cup or something at me, and she also was clearly going out of her way not to walk in front of me again. I find this kind of stuff rather annoying...…...the assumptions. Or even if a woman is correct about me "checking her out", sometimes it can be rather difficult not to. All this kind of stuff makes me feel a bit paranoid and causes for me kinda a constricted and oppressed environment. But luckily I don't always worry about it completely because I know I can't really control what women think, so its not necessarily my fault.
Assumptions are awful and I'm sure that must have sucked. This is something that women have to worry about. I've had lots of men try to do this to me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Assumptions are awful and I'm sure that must have sucked. This is something that women have to worry about. I've had lots of men try to do this to me.
Yeah, as they say "Different strokes for different folks."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts