Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get that a lot. I try to take it as a compliment, but it just wears down on me after a while. Even though people say it's endearing, I sometimes wish I was... more usual. I wish I wasn't so abstract and strange.
I can't remember the last time I acted a certain way to make other people like me. Maybe sometime back in middle school. And it's not even that people don't like me now. There's a lot of people that are drawn to me because I'm so different and I say unusual things and dress differently... I guess it just bothers me to hear it like that, even though I know it's true and it's not a bad thing. I sometimes wish I could wear abercrombie and get good grades and play a sport and stay in school and talk about boys and just... not think like I think. Not have the odd little mannerisms that I have.
I don't think I could stand myself if I actually was like that. I mean, I can barely stand myself now :tongue: But I guess I just wish that the things I do made as much sense to other people as they do to me.

Any other INFPs get this a lot? How do you deal with it? Do you try to fit in, or do you just do your thing? I know we don't mind not having tons of people adoring us lol :crazy: but does it ever bother you to have people just stereotype you as "that weird girl/boy" or whatever?

·
Registered
602 Posts
yes i do. if i do something weird or say something weird. whenever someone says that i just play it off like a joke, i mean its whatever lol i dont really care. when people say it, its usually said w/ either laughter or half seriousness so i dont really take it seriously either. if it is meant seriously and hurtfully...then i either explain it or ignore it.

but i dont really care if im called weird, it makes me feel like i can think for myself and i dont need peer pressure or wanting to fit in

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I prefer talking to the "weird" girls, there's a bit more substance to them and they're less predictable.
Sometimes interacting with 'normal' people is like watching the same movie over and over.

Anyways, have I been told I'm weird? At times, but that's combined with the words with other things like "you seem so much smarter than all my other friends" or "I have so much fun with you," etc etc.

Love yourself, girl.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not at first, since I'm usually reserved and stuff. But after I while I let my guard down and people are like WUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ALL SHY AND BLUSHY AND STUFF Y U AT THE NAUGHTY PENIS BOOK SECTION AT URBAN OUTFITTERS?

So yeah. After a while. But whatever, rather that than be boring and normal all the time.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yep. I have lots of songs I love which are purely about being a freak.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
More, even.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I prefer talking to the "weird" girls, there's a bit more substance to them and they're less predictable.
Sometimes interacting with 'normal' people is like watching the same movie over and over.

Anyways, have I been told I'm weird? At times, but that's combined with the words with other things like "you seem so much smarter than all my other friends" or "I have so much fun with you," etc etc.

Love yourself, girl.
Have I ever told you that you have a way of making me feel so beautiful?:tongue:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Yep. I have lots of songs I love which are purely about being a freak.

YouTube - Eels - Beautiful Freak

Thank you. Beautiful freak is one of those personal songs between my and my gf. We are each others beautiful freak, but in a very special and good way.
Where the world understand neither of us we always have each other.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Thank you. Beautiful freak is one of those personal songs between my and my gf. We are each others beautiful freak, but in a very special and good way.
Where the world understand neither of us we always have each other.
That's great. Someday I want to sing it to a very special lady, but... only when it really fits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I get told that a few times. I used to hate that when I was a teenager, now I take it as a compliment. After all, it's what I am. I prefer to appear this way instead of being a bimbo or something similar.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The people who call other people weird are usually more weird themselves. It's just the weirder people are a majority so they're mistaken as normal.

Make you feel better?

If not I like weird people and I like being weird. It's better than being 'normal' because most 'normal' people don't impress me on a daily basis in conversation as much as the unique individuals I see dressing in black and dying their hair to stick out or just being different etc.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Not INFP, but I hear it all the time! :D
Yeah, NPness. High five! Wow, my head is spinning. Am I on drugs? No. How strange. Perhaps I am sick.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
The most smartest and creative people in history has been labeled "weird" by other "normal" people.

Some people think being odd is a curse. I think of it as a blessing... Normal people must be jealous and need to get over it. :wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I get this a lot, but I usually grin and take it as a compliment. Of course, if the person is just being a bitch, I might just smile quietly and then act bitter to them pretty much indefinitely from then on. >>;

My mom also says this to me a lot when I see her, usually accompanied by a scream of incredulity or shocked laughter. I have a seriously messed up sense of humor. XD;

1 - 20 of 20 Posts