Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys ever shy away from leaving a comment on a thread because you're afraid you'll be the reason people stop commenting?

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is my first time being in a forum, but I thought people just stopped commenting when they were done with the topic. Haha, do I need an education? :laughing:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yea I am a thread killer.

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
I never worry about killing a thread. I think the worst thing that could happen is that people would just ignore your post completely and continue on with the conversation. I mean, it sucks to admit, but I do sometimes wonder what the point is in even replying to threads at all. Like, does anybody really care? Does anybody actually read every post in a thread?

But I usually ignore all of that and post, anyway. Sometimes I'm just bored and feel like fleshing my ideas out, and then I may as well post it since I've taken the trouble to articulate it. Other times, I post stuff because I figure, even if no one responds to it, maybe somebody will read it and be able to relate to it and they'll get some sort of peace of mind from it. Just because they're not the only one who feels that way, or whatever.

Man, that sounds so hokey, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I don't worry about killing a thread but like Under Skies said, I worry that no one actually reads it.
My main issue seems to be actually posting something worthy of reading, I notice I ain't as helpful or good at words as most people are on here. :unsure:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I never worry about killing a thread. I think the worst thing that could happen is that people would just ignore your posts completely and continue on with the conversation. I mean, it sucks to admit, but I do sometimes wonder what the point is is even replying to threads at all. Like, does anybody really care? Does anybody actually read every post in a thread?

But I usually ignore all of that and post, anyway. Sometimes I'm just bored and feel like fleshing my ideas out, and then I may as well post it since I've taken the trouble to articulate it. Other times, I post stuff because I figure, even if no one responds to it, maybe somebody will read it and be able to relate to it and they'll get some sort of peace of mind from it. Just because they're not the only one who feels that way, or whatever.

Yes, I can really relate to what you're saying. Sometimes I think that people are so eager to get into one another's (virtual) pants that they probably don't give a crap about what's being said.
It would surprise me if anyone read all posts in a thread all the time. I know I don't always do - I try, especially when there's only a few pages, but sometimes I'm just too tired, or frankly, can't be bothered, and just posy anyway. As long as it doesn't become a habit, I guess it's okay.

But to reply to the OP: nope, I'm never afraid of killing a thread. If it was interesting enough in the first place, it couldn't be killed by just one post.
And even if threads sometimes brutally come to an end, it's usually not because of the last post... people just forget, or flock to a new thread, or whatever.

So don't worry people, I'm sure a lot of people find your posts more interesting than you think, even if they don't comment or thank them. At least I know I do. :)

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
There used to be a thread at globalchatter. It was brilliant. Something about winning by being the last poster of the thread. It was lots of fun. It would be a great INFP-only thread here. I will not kill this thread and there will be another poster after me -- but I have killed many a thread here at PC. I do apologize for that.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I swear I've killed dozens of threads, especially at GC. :dry: I turned into a lurker because of that. I lurk here a lot as well, but I'm more vocal because it seems like a lot more people respond in general so the chances of killing a thread are less.

The other thing I think happens is that a thread is already dead when I post and then people just do this eye-rolling, what was she thinking, sort of thing. *shrugs*

·
Registered
716 Posts
There are many things that can keep me from writing a post that "normal" people would probably laugh at..

·
Banned
656 Posts
I never worry about killing a thread. I think the worst thing that could happen is that people would just ignore your post completely and continue on with the conversation. I mean, it sucks to admit, but I do sometimes wonder what the point is in even replying to threads at all. Like, does anybody really care? Does anybody actually read every post in a thread?

I like hokey :happy:
I think I only get worried when I get too wordy with a post and then have someone quote it and agree with everything I said. I'm more interested in what other people think/have to say otherwise I wouldn't be here. If I don't post, I do like to thank all the people who made excellent points. Honestly I get tired of my own voice/thoughts anyway :blushed:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts