Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that article Your Mom posted (I hate you now btw lol) made me realize that one of my cousins is most likely ENTP!!!(he's at least Ne dominant or subdominant) and I dislike him with a passion! I thought we were supposed to be compatible to some extent! But he has like absolutely no people skills at 30 something.

But I can see it as clear as day in his behaviors!!!

He opened up a comparatively large barbershop, which he had dreams of turning into a huge franchise, a while back and went CRAZY with it. He would talk about opening a hair salon next to it...before he was even making enough profit to cover the shop and pay his own bills. Then he started trying to make clothing that was related to the shop and he used a spin off of the shops name. (also I will note that the shop had a lot marketing potential. When he thought of the name he thought of everything!!!) He also was trying to move it to a bigger location (AGAIN BEFORE HE WAS MAKING ENOUGH PROFIT TO COVER IT!!!) and he put tons of stuff in it (T.V.'s...speakers...snack machines) and basically built it ass backwards....instead slowly working his way up, he tried to make what he saw his business to be in the future a reality right now.

His shop eventually failed...and obviously it's a lesson that that all of us ENTP's might want to learn from...not to get too far ahead of ourselves....but damn it. I can't believe I never noticed. I was so busy hating him (and avoiding him) that I didn't see it until now.

If there was a God or at least a just one then he would not allow him and I to be the same type...although genetically it more than makes sense. My mother banged my father...her sister banged his cousin. Which makes us related on both sides and makes this all likely. FML!!!

EDIT: I'll also add that since then he's been a D.J., He's gone after a real estate license and now he's trying to become an electrician.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It sounds like he's all Ne and very little Ti to back it up. Ti really helps in making our ideas succeed by looking at things in different angles and considering the pitfalls and setbacks. It's why we can succeed and come out unscathed by our daring and bold ideas a lot and make people wonder how we do it.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
But at the same time you share type with people like Steve Jobs and Tom Hanks ^^
this should cancel out your cousin a bit :p

It is a problem with intuition dominant and auxiliary types that there can be a disconnect between reality and our dreams. I think Ne types have it worse than us Ni types. I often get a sense of "a bit removed from reality and out there somewhere" from the INxPs and the ENxPs I meet, my ENTP sister being the most notable case. I actually haven't realized that she is ENTP until recently. She dreams a lot but doesn't have a good sense of her own abilities and limitations, most often errs on side of overestimating herself, and sometimes just dreams but doesn't do anything to make it come true. That's why learning to do self-introspection and inspecting one's past to see potential problematic patterns in one own's behavior can be a good thing for ENxPs.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So that article Your Mom posted (I hate you now btw lol) made me realize that one of my cousins is most likely ENTP!!!(he's at least Ne dominant or subdominant) and I dislike him with a passion! I thought we were supposed to be compatible to some extent! But he has like absolutely no people skills at 30 something.

But I can see it as clear as day in his behaviors!!!

He opened up a comparatively large barbershop, which he had dreams of turning into a huge franchise, a while back and went CRAZY with it. He would talk about opening a hair salon next to it...before he was even making enough profit to cover the shop and pay his own bills. Then he started trying to make clothing that was related to the shop and he used a spin off of the shops name. (also I will note that the shop had a lot marketing potential. When he thought of the name he thought of everything!!!) He also was trying to move it to a bigger location (AGAIN BEFORE HE WAS MAKING ENOUGH PROFIT TO COVER IT!!!) and he put tons of stuff in it (T.V.'s...speakers...snack machines) and basically built it ass backwards....instead slowly working his way up, he tried to make what he saw his business to be in the future a reality right now.

His shop eventually failed...and obviously it's a lesson that that all of us ENTP's might want to learn from...not to get too far ahead of ourselves....but damn it. I can't believe I never noticed. I was so busy hating him (and avoiding him) that I didn't see it until now.

If there was a God or at least a just one then he would not allow him and I to be the same type...although genetically it more than makes sense. My mother banged my father...her sister banged his cousin. Which makes us related on both sides and makes this all likely. FML!!!

EDIT: I'll also add that since then he's been a D.J., He's gone after a real estate license and now he's trying to become an electrician.
It may be a lack of experience and maturity issue, he hasn't lost enough in his life in order to earn that valuable lesson. Not all ENTPs get together along anyway, a proof that MBTI isn't exactly an absolute indicator. A lot of us are raised from different strata in society so our perspectives only are from that stratum. A rich and snobby ENTP will probably see things a lot different than a poor and humble ENTP. Both are ENTPs but are opposed in terms of social class.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But at the same time you share type with people like Steve Jobs and Tom Hanks ^^
this should cancel out your cousin a bit :p

It is a problem with intuition dominant and auxiliary types that there can be a disconnect between reality and our dreams. I think Ne types have it worse than us Ni types. I often get a sense of "a bit removed from reality and out there somewhere" from the INxPs and the ENxPs I meet, my ENTP sister being the most notable case. I actually haven't realized that she is ENTP until recently. She dreams a lot but doesn't have a good sense of her own abilities and limitations, most often errs on side of overestimating herself, and sometimes just dreams but doesn't do anything to make it come true. That's why learning to do self-introspection and inspecting one's past to see potential problematic patterns in one own's behavior can be a good thing for ENxPs.
LOL...I just wish he wasn't. But on the bright side of the whole thing at least I can say he's immature. That's the one thing that I think he has yet to do or might be doing right now. Looking at himself. Since his business failed his ego has come down a little bit. I know if I failed at something that i'd been dreaming to do my whole life i'd be a bit broken. I still hate him though...LMAO...and I hate the fact that I completely understand him.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Reactions: Ray Mabry

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why?
He's an example, milk it for what it's worth.

You need the other types to reign you in.
Yeah I know, and a powerful one at that hahaha....(Sighs) fine then, I just wish he wasn't related to me. LOL. It freaks me out though that I understand every last decision he made though with perfect clarity. Before this I just considered his decisions to be purely illogical...and considered him to be incompetent...but now it's clear as day why he behaved the way he did.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Yeah I know, and a powerful one at that hahaha....(Sighs) fine then, I just wish he wasn't related to me. LOL. It freaks me out though that I understand every last decision he made though with perfect clarity. Before this I just considered his decisions to be purely illogical...and considered him to be incompetent...but now it's clear as day why he behaved the way he did.
And you can learn from his mistakes.
ntj's are your friend for work related issues nfj's are your friend for interpersonal issues.

Reactions: Ray Mabry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts