I'm actually pretty dag-on sure I know my type...now that I've spent a good chunk of time studying over it all. So this is me wanting to see how (in)accurate people's opinions are now, rather than wanting external confirmation. This stuff doesn't seem like rocket science, even if it's pretty accurate. But of course surprises are always fun and people have been studying way longer than me...so I'd not throw a fit if people had differing views! I just think I got this biz on lock now, ya dig? So judge me. I know you want to.
*This post may have typos because I have bad attention with low blood sugar.
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I'm hungry and I'd really like to get a damn job already so I could eat a bit better...but I've been way more stressed. (But I'm not hungry because lack of food! I'm just too lazy to get up...) I'm gender-fluid but my sex is male. 18. I'm pretty...rad right now, all things considered. Content.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
First I'll tell you why I don't like the second one. That woman is would drive me nuts. That tank top is ugly and one step away from being skanky. Modesty is beauty, girl! That's totally a coffee cup, why doesn't she have coffee? The handle is stupidly small, too. I could only get one finger in there. I think her fingers are bigger than mine. She definitely couldn't get more than one finger in there. That makes no sense. What is that spherical object? Doesn't look like an apple. Looks like a shitty prop because someone forgot to bring an apple. It's a sandwhich, why is she pulling it apart? Her nails are all nice and manicured and they'll get dirty pulling it apart, WHY IS SHE PULLING IT APART?
But the first one...I like it. It looks far from civilization firstly, and I can tell this because stars are already visible despite the horizon not fully dark yet. The northern lights are always pretty, too. I also just generally like night more than day, too. The color palette makes the environment seem brisk, maybe even chilly. I like chilly. This would be an amazing beach to go for a run where my own pumping blood is keeping me warm because the air isn't too cold, but the lapping water would certainly cool me down and beach sands are always so nice under bare feet. I'd only have two complaints - too dark when the day completely dies and specks of sand are perpetually stuck under long nails...
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
"Hello! I am Eirian Chrys -REDACTED-, also known as -REDACTED- -REDACTED- -REDACTED- which is still presently my legal name though I am changing it soon because it no longer reflects me as a person, and I quite value proper representation! They never no longer reflect me as they are masculine and Biblical names. I am transgender to a degree and do not at all ascribe to Christian belief.
I am pretty bad at talking about myself unless I am explicitly told what to say about myself. So? I love to write, read, learn of literature, sciences, philosophies, social sciences, and politics! Of these things I am rather confident in my knowledge of them and so I'd certainly talk a lot about them if you'd like to discuss them.
I am generally a quiet, reserved, and sensitive person. Outside of my few deep interests, I truly don't consider myself a very interesting person and on my worst days I am tantamount to a doorstop. However I endeavor to treat people how I'd like to be treated, unless someone treats me badly, then I treat them as they have treated me. I may be sensitive but that doesn't mean I won't stab your foot if you step on my toes! But please don't step on my toes. This hurts."
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I'd simply like to be a more experienced version of me with a little more motivation and charisma. I'm building the charisma quicker than the motivation...so I'm getting there...but the motivation is still bad. Some days I even think I'm depressed, but I think it's more because of my rather uncomfortable environment.
I'd like to not be...well...a person that isn't me. I've always been the basic personality (ISFP) for all my life. I've thoroughly come to understand it and come to terms with it. That's taken me 18 and a half years! I ain't wanting to do it again...
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
Actually...no. None of this crosses my head at all.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Well, if 10 is ideal...
Morality, ethics, compassion, kindness, knowledge, wisdom, energy, individualism, passion, aesthetics.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I love new situations! So long as I had a good degree of control of it happening. I best understand how I feel about things if it I personally experience it. But if someone else forces me into it, my introversion will probably spite them and sully the whole cake because someone took a hammer to my carefully constructed walls. If anyone should tear them down, it's me, god dammit.
I switched districts halfway through high school. Very different district, but it was of my accord so I could deal with it on my own terms. I was the definition of a wallflower for a while. I spent a lot of time being on the outside so I could examine the full picture. Eventually I settled on what specific part I liked the best and approached it!
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I'm always looking over my shoulder, biting my nails, fidgeting, avoiding people, and cursing under my breath. At best I'm hard to budge and not very cooperative, and worst I'm out. I'm just gone. Peace. Bye. Ciao.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I may look glum...my mugshot doesn't look very happy...but I'm happy! I'm quiet and absorbed into my own thing and maybe speak up if something is interesting. Maybe.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I perceive one-on-one as inherently intimate. Not romantic intimate or anything but if I'm willingly conversing one-on-one with someone it's because I either want to know them personally, I do know them personally, or I do know them personally and I have specific feelings for them. I'm not the type to surround myself with people I dislike. I simply don't approach the people that don't interest me...but the people that do interest me, I have an ever present desire to be close to them.
Group interaction is the "real" socialization. I don't think socialization and bonding are the same thing and the latter is one-on-one, but the prior is group. Group activity is sort of the pre-requisite for finding meaningful people and hopefully nurturing meaningful bonds. And when I have a group full of bondage (ahuehaueh) then that's where I have fun.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
Social norms? They're okay, I guess. Could be better. Good that the norm isn't people allowed to be nude in most places. Dislike all the symbolic sexism rooted in norms though.
Values? Well, I'm about as unpatriotic as it gets. Fuck rampant American capitalism. Fuck religious freedom as a mask to discriminate people you just don't like. Hell, fuck freedom of speech when it is blatantly wrong and inflammatory.
Customs? Same thing as norms to me, I think? I always thought those were synonyms...
Traditions? Well, Christmas, Valentines, Sweetest Day, Halloween, and the Fourth of July are actually holidays for Capitalism and fuck that. But Thanksgiving is 'ight...I'm down to eat a nice meal with the fam.
People as whole? Sadly, I have little hope for American society as a whole.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority is alright. I mean...someone's gotta be the boss. A lot of authority in society is prone to corruption and for that reason I generally disobey it when it benefits me and or other people. It simply means that the present powers that be want you to do some things, and not some other things. I deal with it by doing what I can to disregard it when I can.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Order is a state of uniformity, predictability, and control. Chaos is a state of radicality, unpredictability, and disorganization. Order is when I'm quietly sipping tea at my PC and my brother and sister come in from work and predictability loudly talk about their day, but I have headphones to control their level of annoyance. Chaos is other drivers on the road, someone abruptly pulling into my lane at an intersection and causing me to swerve and almost kill someone.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
It all comes down to love for me, I think. I fear not being truly loved, not being able to truly love, and life predicaments that can inhibit the flow of love. I just want to love people. And not just one person, too.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
It boils down to love again, I'm pretty sure. Love in an overarching theme that encompasses many emotions and even activities, I think. Positive emotions and activities. I crave the emotion and activities that can only manifest when someone shares a heartfelt bond. I crave to nurture that banner in any way I can. And honestly, I have no real answer as to what made me that kind of person. I like to think people are born this way, though.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a. Showers! They feel good and are probably the most private thing...and being alone for a bit is energizing to the introvert.
Interaction with people I'm bonded with. I feed off them and they feed off me and its an invigorating symbiosis.
A bit of exercise. But I think this would apply to anyone...
Some healthy competition. Most often takes the form of video games but it can be in many things.
b. Crowds. No thank you. Nope. Loud, feels unsafe, crazy people.
Interaction with people I'm not bonded with. Can't have that symbiosis if there's no connection, and fruitlessly trying to make it happen is like putting a + and + together. It doesn't happen and eventually your hands get tired.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I think I already do! ISFP. Why? Because I done studied and even in my responses here some things just cried "oh, that's so ISFP". ISFP appeals to me, too. Because I am very sure that's my type, dangit. THOUGH I've wondered a lot what it's like to be an INTJ because that's the flipside, minus still being introverted, and my smartest friends is an INTJ and I have a huge crush on that gal. Well, it's more a relationship so it's not really a crush but whatever. My enneagram us 2w1.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
Hnmmmm. My two friends that I feel the most connected to are an INTJ and an INTP.
*This post may have typos because I have bad attention with low blood sugar.