Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just always want to be with other people, and I guess the word is go party.
Also, I might be a perciever. I honestly don't know the difference in Perciever and Judger though. Can any one enlighten me, on any of these topics?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Take the personality test multiple times and be honest with your answers (sounds stupid but sometimes re-reading the question you come up with a different answer). I normally test INTJ but I know I'm INFJ so sometimes you have to read about other types to determine yours.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
As far as the J and P differences go, I think kateykinz summed them up pretty well.

J
I like to have things decided.
I appear to be task oriented.
I like to make lists of things to do.
I like to get my work done before playing.
I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.

P
I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.
I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
I work in bursts of energy.
I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.

Take the personality test multiple times and be honest with your answers (sounds stupid but sometimes re-reading the question you come up with a different answer). I normally test INTJ but I know I'm INFJ so sometimes you have to read about other types to determine yours.
I have also tested as an INTJ, and I am clearly not one.

@ the OP, I suggest that you read about the personality types more. It has helped me to read more about their "portraits" online.

By the way, this I/E divide tares me apart sometimes. I have always been more of an N than an I, and it has confused me, especially since those concepts have been confused by many.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
You have to take a look at the functions behind the profiles. This is the only accurate way to type yourself. Change in one little letter at the end (J or P) rearranges the whole cognitive ladder. Many people come to think of themselves as some sort of xxxJ/xxxP hybrids but there exists no such thing.

INFP cognitive ladder listed from dominant to inferior function: Fi-Ne-Si-Te
INFJ cognitive ladder listed from dominant to inferior function: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se (completely different from INFP though only 1 letter changed)
ENFP is similar to INFP only dominant function is not feeling but intuition Ne-Fi-Te-Si

How to tell if you have intuition or feeling dominant is that feeling is a judging function, it will strive to make external (Fe) or internal judgements (Fi) of everything. While intuition is a perceiving function that will strive to unify connect thing together.

Read about functional descriptions here and see which ones you can relate to the most.
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
ENFP Wiki
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Function_Attitude

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to take a look at the functions behind the profiles. This is the only accurate way to type yourself. Change in one little letter at the end (J or P) rearranges the whole cognitive ladder. Many people come to think of themselves as some sort of xxxJ/xxxP hybrids but there exists no such thing.

INFP cognitive ladder listed from dominant to inferior function: Fi-Ne-Si-Te
INFJ cognitive ladder listed from dominant to inferior function: Ni-Fe-Ti-Se (completely different from INFP though only 1 letter changed)
ENFP is similar to INFP only dominant function is not feeling but intuition Ne-Fi-Te-Si

How to tell if you have intuition or feeling dominant is that feeling is a judging function, it will strive to make external (Fe) or internal judgements (Fi) of everything. While intuition is a perceiving function that will strive to unify connect thing together.

Read about functional descriptions here and see which ones you can relate to the most.
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
ENFP Wiki
Function Attitude
Ok....I will. I will get back with you when Im finish.
Also, I know that Intuition is my dominant function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts