Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@Jinsei's scenarios thread is a bit too crowded so I thought I should create a new one with my answers and see what I get
Some of the scenarios are really hard to imagine so sorry in advance for lack of detail in some parts

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- Imagine those feelings as a physical location on you body, where on your body would you say those feelings are located?*
Well,at first I'd assume he found out about a secret of mine or something similar,I'd try to check what he could have found out about me that would be significant enough to just change his mind so suddenly.I mean,he's obviously mad and deeply disappointed,why else would he be acting that way?I'd probably try to get him to talk to me any way possible so I can know what's going on and what I can do about it.

After finding out what's really going on I'd of course be really sad and scared because someone I love is dying but I'd try to look at the positives,try to convince him there's still hope and that I'm there for him no matter what.
EDUT: I often feel things in my chest,so I guess there's where my ferlings are located,maybe stomach too.

SCENARIO 2*

You are in college and this semester both you and your room mate end up in the same class together. You and your room mate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your room mate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your room mate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your room mate's request and why?

- Describe your decision making process / what influenced you in making the decision as well as how you would you define what is right / wrong in this scenario and why?

This is a tough one.It really depends on the person and how they are as well as their relationship to me.
For example there was a girl in high school who always wanted help but in the end she never showed true gratitide(just a dry "thanks") and was soooo damn cocky like SHE was the one who deserved the grade because she's so smart and she ignored the fact that 99% of her was other people.She always got me feeling so angry,my best friend(who is too nice for her own good) always decided to help her out because she felt bad about saying no(although she wanted to) and I basically forced her to never help her out again.I also never helped her,I actually did the opposite sometimes because she truly deserved it.
If a person is really a friend and I know they won't forget about me helping them then I'm glad to help.
This particular roomate sounds worthy of help

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.*

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group brainstorming, problem solving, and logically working through the project along side the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.*

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you in making the choice as well as what aspects of either project appeal to you and why?

I can't imagine having that kind of job to be honest XD

Anyway,I like big things,and I prefer working with people so I guess I'd choose the first one.But it really depends what the job is.If it was a situation where I love my job and career is my whole life then I'd definitely choose the first one but if my job was just something to do because I need money I wouldn't wanna invest so much into it,I'd just choose what seems quickest and safest so I can go home and do other things that actually matter.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you recharge and that you would enjoy doing after a long week and why?*
I don't know what feeling "drained" means.I mean,I feel it sometimes(quite often actually) but it's usually related to weather,not eating enough,etc.And yeah,I used to get terrible exhaustion+boredom feeling during classes at college but that's part of the reason I quit.Still,I was extremely asleep and "drained" DURING the class(actually fell asleep a few times XD) but the moment it finished I was ok again.

Anyway,I'd probaby do my makeup,dress nice and go shopping because I really just love walking around knowing people are looking at me :p,go eat something I love(to be specific pobably McDonald's and after that ice cream XD) and maybe to some night club in the evening.
But you know what's the most relaxing thing ever?Just going for a car ride with few people with music playing on the loudest,singing and then just picking up food at McDonald's and just going somewhere haha
I love the act of travelling places,in a car or a bus for hours,especially during night,just for the sake of listening to music with people and coming up with games and then staying awake after everyone falls asleep,just looking at the stars.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you two categories.

CATEGORY 1 - Artist, Actor, Musician, Counselor, Teacher, Psychologist, Clergy, Child Care

CATEGORY 2 - Scientist, Engineer, Lawyer, Entrepreneur, Manager, Computer Programer / Analyst, Medical Doctor

- Which category most appeals to you and what is it about the careers in that category that are appealing?

- Was it difficult or easy to decide between the two categories and why?

- What specific careers most appealed to you across both categories and why?
Definitely first category.
I used to want to go to law school though but that was mostly because I watched too many movies :p
I found it glamorous in a way and all the lawyers seemed hot and rich but where I live the reality is that law school graduates are broke because apparently no one needs them.

When I was a child I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher,it seemed so great to me,I loved taking care of younger children and I couldn't understand how someone can not like babies.Later I started liking money XD,so the idea of being a kindergarten teacher went away but I still think it would be kinda fun.Small children adore their teachers.I could only do kindergarten or college,only there you are actually needed and you get some respect,tbh things taught in middle or high school can be learned on the internet as well and even if the teacher is better than that 99% of people don't get it and you're just some annoying person forcing them to do their homework

Being an actress would also be great,but not as great as I used to think when I was younger.You can be one privately anyway :p

From second category,I think being some sort of scientist would be really interesting,but I don't think I could do that,I think you really need to be naturally both really intelligent and extremely focused on your work to be a successful scientist and I don't have that kind of intense focus(or intelligence).Don't get me wrong,I can be very passionate and goal oriented but not when it comes to concepts and non-alive things,I couldn't bring myself to think about physics all day,every day.

SCENARIO 6

You are having a nice conversation with one or two close friends. There is a lull in the conversation and there is the opportunity for someone to steer it onto a new topic of their choice.

- Describe some topics that interest you which you might try to bring up in this setting or that you would hope someone else would bring up.

- What about these topics captures your interest?

People I don't like XD
I don't think I have to explain why that one is interesting :p

Girly things in general,like hair,makeup,clothes,men,etc.,depends what's going on at the moment.It's interesting because it's just fun but it also helps you get to know people.

I can get more deep sometimes,show my idealistic,dreamy side too,but it's usually for of a hidden thing that's driving me rather than something to be discussed in detail,you either see it in me or you don't.

SCENARIO 7

You are the manager and an employee has just presented you two courses of action pertaining to a project you had him/her working on. You need to make a decision on which course of action to implement.

COA 1: Highly efficient and effective, gets the job done and saves time and resources doing so, however a few of the company's policies will have to be bent or broken to accomplish this course of action. Bending these particular policies could possibly cause temporary risk to company resources while the COA is being implemented however, once complete it would go back to business as usual.

COA 2: Safe and works directly in line and adheres to all company policies however this course of action is not nearly as efficient and effective as COA 1. It will still get the job done but will cost the company much more time and resources to accomplish.

- Which course of action would you choose and why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you as you make this decision as well as how would you define what is right / wrong?
Definitely 1,unless it really had serious consequences(of intangible kind,like ruining the reputation of company even if it's technically it's still doing well or having to fire certain people)

Thanks in advance for reading,hope it's not too long!
It took me long to write it though so really,don't disappoint me :)

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
Thanks @Living dead... and you are right... getting a lot of answers to analyze lol.

Scenario 1 - Very clear Fe focus on what he might be feeling / what feelings motivated his decision. Hardly mention how you actually feel independent of his feelings.

Scenario 2 - Lol I enjoyed the tangent story. Still a clear Fe focus on peoples emotions, motivations, behaviors. I also sense a slight cooperative influence here in your judgment on the right way someone should respond to help given. This could possibly be indicative of Fi but not likely given the clear Fe I was getting in the previous scenario.

Scenario 3 - Not seeing a lot of talk about your thinking process here so I am going to go with extroversion as influencing this decision. My scenario could also be very biased towards certain professions that certain types might not find any interest or connection to... but the good news is that hopefully the questions I ask surrounding it and the info given draws out and reveals that bias so it can be factored into the analysis. Leaning towards primary Fe and inferior Ti at this point

Scenario 4 - Very clear extrovert here lol... you draw your energy from peoples stares alone... you energy vampire! Stay away from me lol. Leaning a lot more towards primary Fe although Ne and Se are still a possibility.

Scenario 5 - Clear F over T here with a little interest in the sciences... not sure if that is T influencing that or N however. Your comment on not having that intense intellectual focus is yet more evidence at primary Fe and inferior Ti. The interest is slightly there but the strength of it isn't enough to skew you towards the T side.

Scenario 6 - Hrm ambigous here... you have an idealistic dreamy side so possible hidden abstract N type... but the interests seem very concrete S type... Possible Si but not ruling out Se.

Scenario 7 - Could use a little more insight into your decision making process here... what are the different factors you are weighing. Again this scenario could be very biased on a type of job that you might have no interest in. Other than the negative outcome, why one? Without insight into the why the choice points to utilitarian which based on the last scenario would point towards SP concrete / utilitarian.

I would say Fe/Ti - clear extrovert - very strong F over T so primary Fe - Choices would be ENFJ or ESFJ at this point - The temperament questions contradict the first 5 scenarios however so I might go back and revise my assessment of scenario 6 and 7.

For 6 your interests could be very indicative of a strong Fe/Se connection that is masking auxiliary Ni (hidden idealistic dreamy side that isn't externally expressed)... or it could just be primary Fe with aux Si.

For 7 there is the potential for concern with what is right because of your mention of the serious negative consequences. I would probably re-assess this as cooperative focus over utilitarian given the hint of it I got in scenario 2. Which would make you either abstract / cooperative (NF) or concrete / cooperative (SJ)

I would be very torn between ENFJ or ESFJ here still at this point but given that your idealistic side is "hidden" and very internal... as well as a slight interest in sciences that came out in scenario 5... I would default with ENFJ with a very strong Fe/Se connection and a hidden :unsure: Ni side... so sad cuz Ni is just awesome-sauce! lol :tongue:

Hope I didn't disappoint! Thanks for taking all that time to answer!

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you so much,you most definitely did not disappoint! :)

What I meant with dreamy is that I on the inside I have some ideas and opinions and dreams I wouldn't really share with people,they are more like some sort of guidelines I in some way compare to reality and I try to get reality as close to them as possible or sometimes forcing them to get a bit closer to the reality(I sometimes fall into a trap of convincing myself that whatever is,no matter how bad,is exactly what I want and what I planned to happen).
I feel like it's very important to NOT just accept things as they are and do everything like it "should" be done(even if it doesn't bring best results) but at the same time you have to adapt to life and it can be hard in some ways but it definitely can be done.It's about mixing fantasy and reality,about realizing how much we can create just by wanting and believing and just pushing with our minds but still not forgetting to control it and actually work with it.
Concrete example would be that I personally would live to be a fairytale princess living in my castle with my prince charming,in world of love, sunshine and rainbow pooping unicors,happily ever after but it doesn't happen like that in reality so I gotta create my version of the same thing,get as close as possible and at times as close as possible isn't what you'd expect.But you definitely can make a story out of most ordinary things.
Makes me lean Ni too,although I sometimes feel like I use Si for some reason :/

As for 7 scenario,I'm not sure if I can say much more,that's one of those situations I can't imagine at all.
I guess I could say that I don't really care about company policies and right and wrong just for the sake of it,it's pretty much do whatever you can get away with for me haha
It's important to not do anything that will permanently destroy the idea of what the company is about in peope's eyes,not showing you are inconsistent and disloyal.
Like,let's say I'm a celebrity.Disney star,started young,"good girl" persona,for example Taylor Swift.
There comes a time where I'm all grown up and I could definitely get some extra money and publicity by becoming more of a "bad girl",but is that really worth losing fans that loved me specifically because of how I was before?I mean,I already have both money and fame,do I need more?Maybe I can get a bit of negative "bad girl" attention and extra publicity while still keeping my current fans and the way they see me?How do I do that?
Hope it makes sense

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Thank you so much,you most definitely did not disappoint! :)

What I meant with dreamy is that I on the inside I have some ideas and opinions and dreams I wouldn't really share with people,they are more like some sort of guidelines I in some way compare to reality and I try to get reality as close to them as possible or sometimes forcing them to get a bit closer to the reality(I sometimes fall into a trap of convincing myself that whatever is,no matter how bad,is exactly what I want and what I planned to happen).
I feel like it's very important to NOT just accept things as they are and do everything like it "should" be done(even if it doesn't bring best results) but at the same time you have to adapt to life and it can be hard in some ways but it definitely can be done.It's about mixing fantasy and reality,about realizing how much we can create just by wanting and believing and just pushing with our minds but still not forgetting to control it and actually work with it.
Concrete example would be that I personally would live to be a fairytale princess living in my castle with my prince charming,in world of love, sunshine and rainbow pooping unicors,happily ever after but it doesn't happen like that in reality so I gotta create my version of the same thing,get as close as possible and at times as close as possible isn't what you'd expect.But you definitely can make a story out of most ordinary things.
Makes me lean Ni too,although I sometimes feel like I use Si for some reason :/
I see you decided on ENFJ, and I would suggest that is too soon. You strike me more as an introvert who likes to be around people. I also saw more Si, than Ni. SJs are sometimes stereotyped as being real conservative and boring, but Si is more about being aware of how the physical environment affects you and your role. I got an ISFJ vibe.

I agree with Jinsei in that Fe is a priority for you. However, both Ni and Si doms use both. One, however, is a priority and the other is a support role. My Ne comes up with new ideas of what I want to do and my shadow Se just does it. Se is not a part of my functional listing because it is not a priority and rarely acts on its own as it is the servant. I think you are led by Si, but Ni will consider the hypothetical consequences. But from what I read, Si is the master of that dual relationship. You talk about being girly and wanting to look pretty. Feeler types and Sensory types, in general, are more likely to be preoccupied with how they look. There is nothing wrong with that as appearance can say a lot about you. Also, keep in mind that both intuition and sensory serve a purpose; neither is better than the other. All types serve an equal and necessary purpose.

For example there was a girl in high school who always wanted help but in the end she never showed true gratitide(just a dry "thanks") and was soooo damn cocky like SHE was the one who deserved the grade because she's so smart and she ignored the fact that 99% of her was other people.She always got me feeling so angry,my best friend(who is too nice for her own good) always decided to help her out because she felt bad about saying no(although she wanted to) and I basically forced her to never help her out again.I also never helped her,I actually did the opposite sometimes because she truly deserved it.
At first glance, this sounds like extroverted judgement. But what I don't see is you confronting the cocky girl. Most introverts aren't pushovers (some are). But they also aren't going to throw themselves into conflict. Instead, you worked with your friend to prevent her from being taken advantage of. That shows some aspects of thinking, which would be Ti for you. An ExFJ would be likely to go off on the girl and let her know how they feel. The IxFJ, however, is more discreet and protects her friends. Secondly, the way you tell the story focuses on the sensory facts of this girl; rather than an existential approach. This is why I am leaning ISFJ for you.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for replying!

I already considered ISFJ,but what got me thinking it's not me is that ISFJ friend is nothing like me(and we are friends because she's nothing like me XD)
But I'm still gonna think about it,I'm interested in what others have to say

sah6635 said:
Feeler types and Sensory types, in general, are more likely to be preoccupied with how they look
I really disagree with this though.Feeling types maybe,to a degree,but what does it have to do with S/N?It's a totally judging function thing.
I am quite sensor-ish,but I'm not sure if that's because of being a sensor or because of tertiary Se

Who goes to people and tells them exactly how they feel about them? XD
No one in the world would talk to each other if that was the case,she was afterall still our friend and not an enemy.I just did what I had to do so my friend wouldn't be such a doormat and so that the girl wouldn't get what she wanted but tbh I wasn't too worried about that second aspect too much because I knew that ultimately she was gonna fail at everything anyway(and she knew I thought that.And she did fail XD)

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Thank you for replying!

I already considered ISFJ,but what got me thinking it's not me is that ISFJ friend is nothing like me(and we are friends because she's nothing like me XD)
But I'm still gonna think about it,I'm interested in what others have to say

I really disagree with this though.Feeling types maybe,to a degree,but what does it have to do with S/N?It's a totally judging function thing.
I am quite sensor-ish,but I'm not sure if that's because of being a sensor or because of tertiary Se

Who goes to people and tells them exactly how they feel about them? XD
No one in the world would talk to each other if that was the case,she was afterall still our friend and not an enemy.I just did what I had to do so my friend wouldn't be such a doormat and so that the girl wouldn't get what she wanted but tbh I wasn't too worried about that second aspect too much because I knew that ultimately she was gonna fail at everything anyway(and she knew I thought that.And she did fail XD)
I would got up to a narcissist,like that girl, and tell her she's a piece of shit. It would be amusing to me. Extroverts are more comfortable with confrontation, especially extroverts with dom/tertiary Te. The reason Sensory types are more concerned with aesthetics is because they place more value on it. Si types are aware of what is going on with their body and want/wish to represent themselves as attractive and place themselves in a positive image group. Se types are greatly observant of the world around them and want to emulate the physical standards around them. Intuitive types can also be image conscious but on a quantitative scale, Sensory types make it much more a priority. For instance, if I'm with an ESTx friend we might see a hot girl walk buy. I will notice her and my mind my wander as I consider how often she squats, how vain she might be, and how much she likes guys oogling her. But when I ask my ESTx what he thinks, he'd be more likely to say "Just looking at that ass."

People of the same types can be furthered broken down into subtypes. These subtypes are more vague because they have to do with functional maturity, development, and priority. I am an ENTP that publically leads with Ne and balances my Ti with friendly Fe. Others might be a more cynical type, like Bill Maher, while others are goofballs, like Will Ferrell. What makes all of us ENTPs in our functional preference. After all, Nobody can say that all 7 billion people in the world act exactly like 16 different types. Your ISFJ friend could greatly rely on her aux Fe because she wants people to like her. You might rely on your Si to sense your surroundings and you might have developed tertiary Ti too to be objective about your interactions with people.

If I met you in person, I could more easily tell. But based on what I read, we should at least conclude you are an FJ.

Reactions: Darkbloom

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Hi, just chiming in, I'm definitely an Fe-dom and I would never tell someone if I disliked them. If they were hurting one of my friends I might tell them off, or if they were hurting anyone, but if they were just behaving in a way I didn't like I would let them be. And I would always help them... I don't know how to not help someone, regardless of my personal feelings for them.

If you're trying to base her non Fe-ness on something else I get that, but saying she has to be tert Fe because she didn't confront the girl is just a teeny bit silly. Some Fe s would confront a girl like that, but not all of us would.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Hi, just chiming in, I'm definitely an Fe-dom and I would never tell someone if I disliked them. If they were hurting one of my friends I might tell them off, or if they were hurting anyone, but if they were just behaving in a way I didn't like I would let them be. And I would always help them... I don't know how to not help someone, regardless of my personal feelings for them.

If you're trying to base her non Fe-ness on something else I get that, but saying she has to be tert Fe because she didn't confront the girl is just a teeny bit silly. Some Fe s would confront a girl like that, but not all of us would.
I cannot relate to that. I don't say I dislike someone right off the bat, but if they refuse to leave me alone, I get prodded and pushed and tell them the truth.

This stalkery guy, for example. I've tried my best to be nice, to drop hints (withdrawal mainly, or talking about other guys I'd like to date), but finally today I snapped and said "I don't like you, please leave me alone, don't you get the hint".

I just don't like a ton of drama. I'd rather just let things fall to the wayside, and when I have no control over that outcome, I finally erode.

In fact, at 11 years old, I told my step father I hated him to his face when my mother was getting a divorce, and it felt so good, because I never stood up to him before.
@Living dead don't quote me, as I'm not the most well versed on this subject, but I 'd say ESFP. I don't think you're an intuitive. ESFx I can say for certain (I mix up Fe and Fi a lot)

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
@hoopla yes and I wouldn't say you weren't Fe for that. I'm just saying that I personally, as a definite Fe-dom, don't react in that precise way which sah6635 found an ExFJ always would, and I wanted to clear up that extroverts can be "passive," in that sense. Some of us are timid.

And regardless I don't think Living dead was being timid in that situation. She actively decided not to help the girl, and she kept her friend from being used by the girl. Again, not something I would've done, but it's still not exactly a pushover thing either.

And yeah, I... don't want to comment on Living dead's type because I really don't know, but I truly do think she's an extrovert. I've spoken with her so many times and in so many ways she strikes me as extroverted. (Then again one would think I was introverted, so you can't know... but it's odd to me that anyone would try to argue for her introversion.)

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sah6635 said:
I would got up to a narcissist,like that girl, and tell her she's a piece of shit. It would be amusing to me. Extroverts are more comfortable with confrontation, especially extroverts with dom/tertiary Te
Like @alittlebear,I also don't get where you are seeing any sort of fear of confrontation here.My friend was the one who has that fear and I was the one who helped her.Do you think the only way to tell someone how you feel about them is through calling them names to their face??I think she got the message without that.
And I agree,I'm sure plenty of extroverts can be conflict avoidant.Yes,on average ISFJ is more likely to be that way than ESFJ,INTP than ENTP,etc. but that really doesn't mean much.

The reason Sensory types are more concerned with aesthetics is because they place more value on it. Si types are aware of what is going on with their body and want/wish to represent themselves as attractive and place themselves in a positive image group
But what does wanting to look certain way have to do with your own body awareness and sense of aesthetics(even if those are distinguishing factors between S and N)?I'm not the one looking at myself lol
And that hot girl example,it has nothing to do with it imo,for the same reason.

@hoopla,thank you,I get where you're seeing ESFx.
I think there's no way I'm a Se dom,I often don't notice my environment and I need to consciously get myself into being phyisically present in some situations.
Btw you should look into Ti and Te to help you with Fi and Fe,it's easier like that :)

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Like @alittlebear,I also don't get where you are seeing any sort of fear of confrontation here.My friend was the one who has that fear and I was the one who helped her.Do you think the only way to tell someone how you feel about them is through calling them names to their face??I think she got the message without that.
And I agree,I'm sure plenty of extroverts can be conflict avoidant.Yes,on average ISFJ is more likely to be that way than ESFJ,INTP than ENTP,etc. but that really doesn't mean much.

But what does wanting to look certain way have to do with your own body awareness and sense of aesthetics(even if those are distinguishing factors between S and N)?I'm not the one looking at myself lol
And that hot girl example,it has nothing to do with it imo,for the same reason.

@hoopla,thank you,I get where you're seeing ESFx.
I think there's no way I'm a Se dom,I often don't notice my environment and I need to consciously get myself into being phyisically present in some situations.
Btw you should look into Ti and Te to help you with Fi and Fe,it's easier like that :)
Well if you are comfortable with ENFJ, that's fine. I'm not going to argue too much over semantics and specific exceptions. *Note: Extroverts are more COMFORTABLE with direct confrontation. Introverts can but would seek another option, first, or may never go confront the other. It's a quantitative spectrum rather than an absolute rule. The important thing is you have a type to identify with and you know what functions to work on.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if you are comfortable with ENFJ, that's fine. I'm not going to argue too much over semantics and specific exceptions. *Note: Extroverts are more COMFORTABLE with direct confrontation. Introverts can but would seek another option, first, or may never go confront the other. It's a quantitative spectrum rather than an absolute rule. The important thing is you have a type to identify with and you know what functions to work on.
Agree,just saying that I'm not rejecting ISFJ,it just doesn't make more sense than xNFJ does and I don't think I should be typed as sensor based solely on caring about appearance or as introvert based on not yelling insults at every person I don't like(because really,I met many people and I'm very sure many did not like me yet I can barely remember a couple of occasions when someone directly said anything that would suggest such thing.But I'm supposedly exceptionally scary,so maybe I'm the only one not getting confronted XD)
That does not mean I'm not an ISFJ(but at this point I doubt I am.
If you or anyone else sees dominant Si and inferior Ne in me still feel free to tell me.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Agree,just saying that I'm not rejecting ISFJ,it just doesn't make more sense than xNFJ does and I don't think I should be typed as sensor based solely on caring about appearance or as introvert based on not yelling insults at every person I don't like(because really,I met many people and I'm very sure many did not like me yet I can barely remember a couple of occasions when someone directly said anything that would suggest such thing.But I'm supposedly exceptionally scary,so maybe I'm the only one not getting confronted XD)
That does not mean I'm not an ISFJ(but at this point I doubt I am.
If you or anyone else sees dominant Si and inferior Ne in me still feel free to tell me.
These threads are designed to give you an idea of how to analyze yourself. I cannot do it for you, over the internet. When I, or others like Jinsei, present a concept, it is meant to be a start for which you to analyze. My suggestions are not meant to be definitive proof about who you are. They are stepping stones that you might be able to relate to. You might be ENFJ, I just offered you to consider other possibilities.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
now that I think about a lot of your answers @Living dead... I am leaning much more towards a primary sensor... Primary Se with a stong auxiliary Fi influence could explain a lot. I was torn between concrete and abstract before but I am leaning much more towards concrete / utilitarian now (SP). How do you feel about ESFP? Do you think it fits you more clearly?

**EDIT** just read the posts on page 2 and never mind lol... ESFJ would be primary Fe and aux Si though. I have a clarifying question, what causes you to need to force yourself to be physically present in certain situations? What sort of situations and what is going through your mind in those instances?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think I have dominant Se,because well,I'm almost the opposite of Se,at least going by stereotypes,but I'm not sure how different the actual function is.I mean,I have everything planned out(even if there's no lists or such),I don't care about experiences,I'm physically unaware unless I try not to be,etc.I think ISFP in Fi-Ni loop is more likely than ESFP,but even dominant Si is more likely than both of those.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
now that I think about a lot of your answers @Living dead... I am leaning much more towards a primary sensor... Primary Se with a stong auxiliary Fi influence could explain a lot. I was torn between concrete and abstract before but I am leaning much more towards concrete / utilitarian now (SP). How do you feel about ESFP? Do you think it fits you more clearly?

**EDIT** just read the posts on page 2 and never mind lol... ESFJ would be primary Fe and aux Si though. I have a clarifying question, what causes you to need to force yourself to be physically present in certain situations? What sort of situations and what is going through your mind in those instances?
Force may be too strong of a word but for example,I find so many things a bit unnatural and I need to get myself in special state of mind to do them,like dancing,for example,and even then I'm so aware of discrepancy between what I'm doing and what's in my head,I'm the kind of person who goes to a nightclub but imagines it's the kind of ball they had hundreds of years ago XD
I do many Se related things as a bit of means to an end,of course,some are also fun and just feel easy(like trying new food,blasting music,etc) but I doubt a Se dom would prefer faking being drunk to actually drinking,for example XD
Also,I have some (stereo)typical "not enough Se" problems,like almost getting hit by a car way too often,spending 5 minutes looking for glasses that are on my head,forgetting physical details,vague memories and descriptions yet a high level of certainty,etc.

I almost relate to inferior Se things but I am not as sensitive as INJ's are described being,I have lots of control in that sense,like I can study with really loud music on,I can totally turn it off in my mind but I can also be listening to it when I'm not doing anything else as well as do something unrelated while being aware of it as background noise.And I'm usually easy to get into that Se mode,at least it looks like that,I really don't remember how exactly it feels though

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
@Jinsei's scenarios thread is a bit too crowded so I thought I should create a new one with my answers and see what I get
Some of the scenarios are really hard to imagine so sorry in advance for lack of detail in some parts

SCENARIO 1

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- Imagine those feelings as a physical location on you body, where on your body would you say those feelings are located?*
Well,at first I'd assume he found out about a secret of mine or something similar,I'd try to check what he could have found out about me that would be significant enough to just change his mind so suddenly.I mean,he's obviously mad and deeply disappointed,why else would he be acting that way?I'd probably try to get him to talk to me any way possible so I can know what's going on and what I can do about it.

After finding out what's really going on I'd of course be really sad and scared because someone I love is dying but I'd try to look at the positives,try to convince him there's still hope and that I'm there for him no matter what.
EDUT: I often feel things in my chest,so I guess there's where my ferlings are located,maybe stomach too.

SCENARIO 2*

You are in college and this semester both you and your room mate end up in the same class together. You and your room mate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your room mate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your room mate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your room mate's request and why?

- Describe your decision making process / what influenced you in making the decision as well as how you would you define what is right / wrong in this scenario and why?

This is a tough one.It really depends on the person and how they are as well as their relationship to me.
If a person is really a friend and I know they won't forget about me helping them then I'm glad to help.
This particular roomate sounds worthy of help

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.*

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group brainstorming, problem solving, and logically working through the project along side the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.*

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you in making the choice as well as what aspects of either project appeal to you and why?

I can't imagine having that kind of job to be honest XD

Anyway,I like big things,and I prefer working with people so I guess I'd choose the first one.But it really depends what the job is.If it was a situation where I love my job and career is my whole life then I'd definitely choose the first one but if my job was just something to do because I need money I wouldn't wanna invest so much into it,I'd just choose what seems quickest and safest so I can go home and do other things that actually matter.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you recharge and that you would enjoy doing after a long week and why?*
I don't know what feeling "drained" means.I mean,I feel it sometimes(quite often actually) but it's usually related to weather,not eating enough,etc.And yeah,I used to get terrible exhaustion+boredom feeling during classes at college but that's part of the reason I quit.Still,I was extremely asleep and "drained" DURING the class(actually fell asleep a few times XD) but the moment it finished I was ok again.

Anyway,I'd probaby do my makeup,dress nice and go shopping because I really just love walking around knowing people are looking at me :p,go eat something I love(to be specific pobably McDonald's and after that ice cream XD) and maybe to some night club in the evening.
But you know what's the most relaxing thing ever?Just going for a car ride with few people with music playing on the loudest,singing and then just picking up food at McDonald's and just going somewhere haha
I love the act of travelling places,in a car or a bus for hours,especially during night,just for the sake of listening to music with people and coming up with games and then staying awake after everyone falls asleep,just looking at the stars.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you two categories.

CATEGORY 1 - Artist, Actor, Musician, Counselor, Teacher, Psychologist, Clergy, Child Care

CATEGORY 2 - Scientist, Engineer, Lawyer, Entrepreneur, Manager, Computer Programer / Analyst, Medical Doctor

- Which category most appeals to you and what is it about the careers in that category that are appealing?

- Was it difficult or easy to decide between the two categories and why?

- What specific careers most appealed to you across both categories and why?
Definitely first category.
I used to want to go to law school though but that was mostly because I watched too many movies :p
I found it glamorous in a way and all the lawyers seemed hot and rich but where I live the reality is that law school graduates are broke because apparently no one needs them.

When I was a child I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher,it seemed so great to me,I loved taking care of younger children and I couldn't understand how someone can not like babies.Later I started liking money XD,so the idea of being a kindergarten teacher went away but I still think it would be kinda fun.Small children adore their teachers.I could only do kindergarten or college,only there you are actually needed and you get some respect,tbh things taught in middle or high school can be learned on the internet as well and even if the teacher is better than that 99% of people don't get it and you're just some annoying person forcing them to do their homework

Being an actress would also be great,but not as great as I used to think when I was younger.You can be one privately anyway :p

From second category,I think being some sort of scientist would be really interesting,but I don't think I could do that,I think you really need to be naturally both really intelligent and extremely focused on your work to be a successful scientist and I don't have that kind of intense focus(or intelligence).Don't get me wrong,I can be very passionate and goal oriented but not when it comes to concepts and non-alive things,I couldn't bring myself to think about physics all day,every day.

SCENARIO 6

You are having a nice conversation with one or two close friends. There is a lull in the conversation and there is the opportunity for someone to steer it onto a new topic of their choice.

- Describe some topics that interest you which you might try to bring up in this setting or that you would hope someone else would bring up.

- What about these topics captures your interest?

People I don't like XD
I don't think I have to explain why that one is interesting :p

Girly things in general,like hair,makeup,clothes,men,etc.,depends what's going on at the moment.It's interesting because it's just fun but it also helps you get to know people.

I can get more deep sometimes,show my idealistic,dreamy side too,but it's usually for of a hidden thing that's driving me rather than something to be discussed in detail,you either see it in me or you don't.

SCENARIO 7

You are the manager and an employee has just presented you two courses of action pertaining to a project you had him/her working on. You need to make a decision on which course of action to implement.

COA 1: Highly efficient and effective, gets the job done and saves time and resources doing so, however a few of the company's policies will have to be bent or broken to accomplish this course of action. Bending these particular policies could possibly cause temporary risk to company resources while the COA is being implemented however, once complete it would go back to business as usual.

COA 2: Safe and works directly in line and adheres to all company policies however this course of action is not nearly as efficient and effective as COA 1. It will still get the job done but will cost the company much more time and resources to accomplish.

- Which course of action would you choose and why?

- Describe your thought process / what influenced you as you make this decision as well as how would you define what is right / wrong?
Definitely 1,unless it really had serious consequences(of intangible kind,like ruining the reputation of company even if it's technically it's still doing well or having to fire certain people)

Thanks in advance for reading,hope it's not too long!
It took me long to write it though so really,don't disappoint me :)
I would really, but REALLY look into ESFJ if I were you...

edit: Plus I as an S just see S in your answers. The only part where you even used N is when you speculated about possibilities about the workplace that haven't even been mentioned. But this is only natural. Switching over to socionics if you don't mind:

FeSiTeNi/TiNeFiSe . Or in other words it doesn't surprise me that you mentioned Ne few times during that text due to it being a mobilising function. Here: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Mobilizing_function#Mobilizing_function. But leave that well alone. This is what gave you away:

"But you know what's the most relaxing thing ever?Just going for a car ride with few people with music playing on the loudest,singing and then just picking up food at McDonald's and just going somewhere haha
I love the act of travelling places,in a car or a bus for hours,especially during night,just for the sake of listening to music with people and coming up with games and then staying awake after everyone falls asleep,just looking at the stars."

That totally gave you away and pointed me towards this: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Alpha . You could very well be that. But then again Beta could suit you as well. Determine for yourself: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Beta .

Still, my answer is ESFJ.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.